Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mage question: Do Guardian Angel effect Crit heals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think EGA will reduce all NEGATIVE reception of crit. Heals won't be affected, only Damage received.

Peace Out,
    Awesomeness♥

Kabam Server 8 USA East

Level 77 Knight

141,475 BR (As of 9/12/14)

Non-Casher (Proud of it)

My Heart Belongs to FireAndIce

The worst enemy of "Greatness" is "Good Enough"

Comment

Tested a long time ago, and there where already a few threads on this.
      GA affects the chance of receiving crit, that includes receiving crit heal since you're on the receiving end of it. That of course if you are equipping it. Oponent GA only effects the way he receives crit.
      Last edited by JBirdie; 05-29-2014, 03:55 AM.

JBird
      Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
      Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
      One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

Originally posted by JBirdie View Post
        Tested a long time ago, and there where already a few threads on this.
        GA affects the chance of receiving crit, that includes receiving crit heal since you're on the receiving end of it. That off course if you are equipping it. Oponent GA only effects the way he receives crit.
        Used to think this was just a legend, but checked myself and I must agree with that. Since I dropped GA, I crit heal myself a lot more often.

Comment

hmmm, still no clear answers cause people are saying both things. I know there's plenty of trolls here.

So guess I'll have to see later.

Comment

Tested it a long time ago (soon after slyphs came out) as an archer with Iris. GA does not reduce the chance of crit healing yourself. No idea if it reduces the chance of another character to crit heal you, however.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
              Tested it a long time ago (soon after slyphs came out) as an archer with Iris. GA does not reduce the chance of crit healing yourself. No idea if it reduces the chance of another character to crit heal you, however.
              An Archer with an Iris isn't a fair example of this because you have an innate crit rate increase as well as the Iris having an innate Crit boost as well (many don't know this still).

As a L80 Mage with a Crit in the 6500 block, when I have my GA on, I cannot crit heal myself w/ Resto or BL, but I CAN do it with Iris, and receive it from an Iris. There's only one Mage on my server who can crit-heal me and he's got 8500+ Crit. I have tested this thoroughly, and posted about it quite a few times in the past.

Also an FYI, the Crit-Damage Reduction from 2 Jewels reduces Crit Heals. Anything that reduces Crit-Rate or Crit-Damage from something affecting you includes Heals as well as skills that cause damage. The game engine doesn't differentiate.

Comment

TBH, IMO if the programming for the Guardian Angel astral is like the normal "programming" R2/Proficient City does, then it should affect everything. Unless R2 is finally getting things straight and fixing everything to the way it should be.
                Everything is to blame...
                On R2Games

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                  An Archer with an Iris isn't a fair example of this because you have an innate crit rate increase as well as the Iris having an innate Crit boost as well (many don't know this still).

As a L80 Mage with a Crit in the 6500 block, when I have my GA on, I cannot crit heal myself w/ Resto or BL, but I CAN do it with Iris, and receive it from an Iris. There's only one Mage on my server who can crit-heal me and he's got 8500+ Crit. I have tested this thoroughly, and posted about it quite a few times in the past.

Also an FYI, the Crit-Damage Reduction from 2 Jewels reduces Crit Heals. Anything that reduces Crit-Rate or Crit-Damage from something affecting you includes Heals as well as skills that cause damage. The game engine doesn't differentiate.
                  So basically Iris heals ignore GA but mage heals do not? So glad I'm not a mage right now, heh.

Have definitely noticed that Iris' heals crit more often on all parties than reg mage heals, but didn't really think about one bypassing GA when the other does not.

As for the "innate crit boost" of archers, it is solely the passive skill that boosts crit rating 20%, which should not affect crit heals beyond, you know...giving us a little bit bigger number to put into the mysterious crit chance formula--i.e. 8500 rating on archer vs. 8500 rating on mage should have equivalent crit chance and thus be affected by GA equally; the archer will just have an easier time acquiring that 8500 rating.

Specific skills have crit chance bonuses in them, which take effect above and beyond crit rating, but that is not every skill (unfortunately). I really wish the passive was +20% crit chance instead of +20% crit rating.
                  Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 05-28-2014, 02:22 AM.

Comment

I highly doubt that. Jewel bonus does or at least should ignore player skills. And what about knight skill tenacity?!
                    THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

When I used to wear lvl. 8 GA, I could barely heal myself with BL or Resto (having 6.3k crit), while a knight with 3k crit did crit heals on me with his Iris relatively often.
                      Iris seems to have innate crit rate, like others said.

Comment

thats weird... i always thought crit calculation with GA is multiplicative so if you had a 50% critchance and lvl 8 GA (-40%) its something like: 50% * (1-0,4) = 30% rather than 50% -40% = 10%. i dont think you can reduce the critchance of attacks to 0 either

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
                          thats weird... i always thought crit calculation with GA is multiplicative so if you had a 50% critchance and lvl 8 GA (-40%) its something like: 50% * (1-0,4) = 30% rather than 50% -40% = 10%. i dont think you can reduce the critchance of attacks to 0 either
                          That is how it works on attacks at least. Maybe heals function differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
                            It doesn't bring it to 0, but it brings it to such a low % chance that it becomes useless. Let's say 20% for the sake of the argument. You hardly see it let alone trust it.
                            BTW, I'm probably the mage with the highest crit, 10k+...

JBird

Comment

Setsuna88, FufuBunnySlayer, JBirdie

You guys fail so hard that is amusing. Ya, sure thats how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by HELLRAlSER View Post
                                Setsuna88, FufuBunnySlayer, JBirdie

You guys fail so hard that is amusing. Ya, sure thats how it works.
                                Would you be so kind as to enlighten us, then?

JBird

Comment

Working...
                                X