Talents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talents

Talents in the game a massively imbalanced and knights seem to have been shafted in this regard. Moreover - most of talent for other classes specify what "a chance" actually means - not for a knight. I cant say what they are but statistics suggest they su.ck. Knights have 2 possibly 3 talents that are worth having: Iron wall (marginal decrease in damage received), Second wind (inc damage for US - diminished by the rage cost increase), Puncture (good CD decrease, the bleed effect is entirely ineffective)

I played in arena the other day, a mage cast a spell and a shield popped up on all of us. Knights haven't got anything even remotely close. And dont even start with archers.

Originally posted by muzza40 View Post
    Talents in the game a massively imbalanced and knights seem to have been shafted in this regard. Moreover - most of talent for other classes specify what "a chance" actually means - not for a knight. I cant say what they are but statistics suggest they su.ck. Knights have 2 possibly 3 talents that are worth having: Iron wall (marginal decrease in damage received), Second wind (inc damage for US - diminished by the rage cost increase), Puncture (good CD decrease, the bleed effect is entirely ineffective)

I played in arena the other day, a mage cast a spell and a shield popped up on all of us. Knights haven't got anything even remotely close. And dont even start with archers.
    Agreed, knights have a worse time using holy seal therefore talent/holy seals are disadvantageous to knights.

Hope this makes sense, because that is what you are saying!

Comment

Talents in the game a massively imbalanced and knights seem to have been shafted in this regard. Moreover - most of talent for other classes specify what "a chance" actually means - not for a knight. I cant say what they are but statistics suggest they su.ck. Knights have 2 possibly 3 talents that are worth having: Iron wall (marginal decrease in damage received),
      Every class has such skill and those 14% are a LOT. If that's a marginal decrease for you, you must be in lvl. 50-70 area or you're very new in the game.

Second wind (inc damage for US - diminished by the rage cost increase)
      One can't have everything. The increase of damage dealt is insane. Any other class has such strong skill which actually doesn't decrease your rage.

You also forgot about one, very important talent:
      Tyranny - Slasher has a chance to increase your skill damage by 21%; lasts 2 rounds
      Insane damage increase (more than you gain from Brutallity lvl. 10 rune).

That is the talent for using 100 rage costing mage's skill. Not worth using it unless you're a monster, who can kill the enemies even without it. Not mentioning, that you need rage rune to cast it early enough and afford using any other skills (magess rage gain isn't as great as knights'). As far as I remember, on lvl. 10 of the talent, that shield absorbs 14% of player's HP and of course it only has a CHANCE to be applied. Once I did arena with 180kish mage friend who used that skill every 15 fights. That shield appeared 4 times within all those fights and every time just on 1 person only. The situation you gave as an example is veeeery rare.

Comment

)

Knights have a party shield as a normal skill. I think that counts as remotely close. Mages hardly ever use this talent as the skill is not worth the rage, and it's only a small CHANCE of the shield working.
        Mages also have only a few talents that are good. CHANCE at rage reduction, damage reduction, healing boost, and cooldowns. Most of the talents are useless and for skills that are hardly used.
        Last edited by CrizzyB; 06-29-2014, 10:42 AM.
        Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Originally posted by CrizzyB View Post
          Knights have a party shield as a normal skill. I think that counts as remotely close. Mages hardly ever use this talent as the skill is not worth the rage, and it's only a small CHANCE of the shield working.
          Mages also have only a few talents that are good. CHANCE at rage reduction, damage reduction, healing boost, and cooldowns. Most of the talents are useless and for skills that are hardly used.
          Apollo shield is a 25% decrease in damage. The shield I am talking about is total reduction of all damage (except blood rune)

Comment

Originally posted by Caballero1321 View Post
            Every class has such skill and those 14% are a LOT. If that's a marginal decrease for you, you must be in lvl. 50-70 area or you're very new in the game.

One can't have everything. The increase of damage dealt is insane. Any other class has such strong skill which actually doesn't decrease your rage.

You also forgot about one, very important talent:
            Tyranny - Slasher has a chance to increase your skill damage by 21%; lasts 2 rounds
            Insane damage increase (more than you gain from Brutallity lvl. 10 rune).
            A) I am a level 80, top 10 on my server, maxed all but three of my talents (which I wont bother cause they are useless)
            B) "Tyranny - Slasher has a chance to increase your skill damage by 21%; lasts 2 rounds, Insane damage increase" - you're a moron. As I stated there is "a chance" that this triggers and no indication what the chance (please compare with other classes where the chance is stipulated). In that I have had this talent for a while I can categorically say it is largely useless. It certainly doesn't trigger twice a duel (as you can do with brutality), and a lot of the time it triggers at inopportune times e.g. right before awakening. And please, please don't be so moronic as to suggest waiting to awaken later. He who awakens last dies first - this has been true ever since the introduction of Gaia and more so now with the evolution.
            C) Have you even looked at the talents of other classes? Most of the Mages skills, reduce rage consumption, add damage and reduce CD. Misfortune: Shortens CD by 34 secs and increases damage by 100% (thats guaranteed - no "has a chance" here sunshine). You said said 21% was "an Insane increase" - *** is 100% in your book? And dont appeal to rage cost - talents for this class work to reduce rage consumption

Comment

Originally posted by AntiApartheid View Post
              Agreed, knights have a worse time using holy seal therefore talent/holy seals are disadvantageous to knights.

Hope this makes sense, because that is what you are saying!
              I do hope your not suggesting that because knights talents su.ck they can up HS more and use stun. Cause that would be stupid on an immense scale. More and more people are at level 80 and less and less have an HS less than 99. (Side note: I have always advocated, and still do, making changes to HS - even though it no longer affects me)

Comment

A) I am a level 80, top 10 on my server, maxed all but three of my talents (which I wont bother cause they are useless)
                B) "Tyranny - Slasher has a chance to increase your skill damage by 21%; lasts 2 rounds, Insane damage increase" - you're a moron. As I stated there is "a chance" that this triggers and no indication what the chance (please compare with other classes where the chance is stipulated). In that I have had this talent for a while I can categorically say it is largely useless. It certainly doesn't trigger twice a duel (as you can do with brutality), and a lot of the time it triggers at inopportune times e.g. right before awakening. And please, please don't be so moronic as to suggest waiting to awaken later. He who awakens last dies first - this has been true ever since the introduction of Gaia and more so now with the evolution.
                C) Have you even looked at the talents of other classes? Most of the Mages skills, reduce rage consumption, add damage and reduce CD. Misfortune: Shortens CD by 34 secs and increases damage by 100% (thats guaranteed - no "has a chance" here sunshine). You said said 21% was "an Insane increase" - *** is 100% in your book? And dont appeal to rage cost - talents for this class work to reduce rage consumption
                B) lol, this would be OP if it was permament. It has a chance and it's already an awesome talent.
                C) Yes, because mages have more than twice worse rage gain than knights. We can get 18 rage at most, you get 20.
                Misfortune lol. That skill with maxed talent deals max 5k dmg xD
                It increases Damnation DMG by 100%. Base Damnation dmg on lvl. 3 is 2.5k (not affected by player's MATK).

Also, many mage's talents also have a CHANCE to trigger.

Apollo shield is a 25% decrease in damage. The shield I am talking about is total reduction of all damage (except blood rune)
                Already explained that to you.
                It works kinda like Agoran Shield, but is RARELY applied and it requires the mage to use 100 rage consumption skill. Mage, to regain that 100 rage needs 6 turns when he uses Lightning Bolt only.
                Also, that shield absorbs damage equal to 14% of player's max HP.

As you're a lvl. 80 knight, you should've already known that Apollo Shield decreases dmg received by 30%, not by 25%.
                Last edited by Caballero1321; 06-30-2014, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Lol dont know what you are complaining about, grass is always greener. You dont deserve to be top 10 and lvl 80, being such a cry baby and all. Want mage's talents so much, start again and be a mage? Otherwise, quit complaining... no class has decent talents and you have the wrong end of the stick considering the mage talents!

Comment

mage talent is bad, 2 delphic talent already useless (or seldom...)

lvl 80 or ranking doesn't mean all, there is a 150K knight called ja_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ still being a noob
                    SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                    IGN: Kimwong
                    CLASS: Knight
                    PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                    BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                    Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Ha ha muzza40, i see u never played a mage. So u don't know how hard it is to build rage as a mage without pve set lmao.
                      While knights can usually build rage so easier.
                      I can tell u the cd and rage talent of mage is really a need or else no good heal for u as a tank.

Comment

Hmm.. Maxed second win (the ultimate slasher talent) increase rage consumption by 10 (as well as an increase in damage). Point is.. With that talent maxed, Knights only get 25 rage every 2 skills..If they alternate slasher/ulti slasher. Not complaining..but knight dont get rage that fast haha

Comment

as a lv 80 mage, i think most talents for mages are useless, and tbh the whole talent system needs to be redone for ALL classes. They should also specify what they mean with "a chance"
                          Mages have:
                          - A skill to increase healing of restoration, chance to restore 10 rage but also does increase the cd. I calculated and technically your healing per second would decrease. It's a good skill tho cz you have to spend less rage.
                          - reduce cd of bl, good no disadvanteges
                          - reduce dmg, same like every class
                          - chance to decrease rage consumption for 2 turns with 30%, needed since mages have terrible rage buildup for spire and solo bosses at mp, making healing harder.
                          - reduce cd of meteoric and chance to heal x % of your hp. Kinda nice, but for me meteoric costs too much rage. RoF does almost equal dmg and cost the half of the rage. the cd cooldown is nice to use in tok, other than that i prefer RoF

The first 3 are the main talents for mages, the 4th is useful and the last one is ok, but less priority.
                          The other 3 are pvp talents mainly since the dmg is low and rage is massive

Comment

lol you are complaining about mage's talent , why dont you complain that knights got extra passive skill , and knight archer both got passive hp skill which mage didnt get .
                            complain complain complain , they wont change anything lol

Comment

im not going to explain , why but knights rule work it out for yourself why

Comment

Working...
                              X