Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much crit do I need?

Debating whether to convert some gems.

I am a level 80 mage with level 10 determination astral, around 44k matk and around 7200 crit. BR around 148k.

I'm not sure if I should convert a crit gem or two to MATK. My critical is as high as I can get it (well, without completely gimping myself and synthesizing level 8 gems out of all level 7 ones.)

What do you think is "enough" crit? Am I overkilling it?

with that br and that matk and that crit, I would safely guess your HP and defenses suck, work on those.

Comment

you will never have enough crit, your crit effect lowers if your opponent BR increase

when I was at 100K BR, my 5.5K crit works very well, but i am sure 5.5K crit at my BR now will fail a lot
      SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
      IGN: Kimwong
      CLASS: Knight
      PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
      BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
      Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Originally posted by /snipes\ View Post
        with that br and that matk and that crit, I would safely guess your HP and defenses suck, work on those.
        ...and you would be correct, though I have a decent block ratio, level 8 Goddess, level 8 Guardian Angel, maxed Barrier and Lord Divine medal. However I am still strong enough defensively to run Nirvana Nightmare and that is all I really feel I need.

Comment

Originally posted by /snipes\ View Post
          If you have high crit and block, it gives a lot of edge even though you have low defenses... My experience tells that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
            If you have high crit and block, it gives a lot of edge even though you have low defenses... My experience tells that.
            I know that there was an archer from EU timezone (Zaraki I think) that had the following gem build at some point: atack,crit,hp,block. I wonder how that would work for an archer.
            IGN: AncientEvil
            Server: EU-271+merged
            Class: Archer
            Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
              I know that there was an archer from EU timezone (Zaraki I think) that had the following gem build at some point: atack,crit,hp,block. I wonder how that would work for an archer.
              This is close to the normal gem option for top Chinese players: 8 attack, 8 crit, 8 block, 4 mdef, 4 pdef.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
                This is close to the normal gem option for top Chinese players: 8 attack, 8 crit, 8 block, 4 mdef, 4 pdef.
                For that to be viable I would need more HP. Maybe if I'd had max fate and max sylph. For now I can't spare to lose HP gems.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
                  For that to be viable I would need more HP. Maybe if I'd had max fate and max sylph. For now I can't spare to lose HP gems.
                  Frankly it still baffles me how 200k+ BR people, with HP also over 200k, keep using Brilliance.

Comment

Crit is affected by your opponent's level. If you're lvl 80 and fighting mainly lvl 80 opponents, you should have 10k+ crit. That said, crit is also on a diminishing returns scale. This means that once you go past 10k crit vs a lvl 80 opponent, the amount of crit gained becomes less and less until the noticable difference is negligable. A good point of reference scale is:
                    Opponent lvl: crit
                    lvl 80: 10k+
                    lvl70: 8k+
                    lvl60: 6k+
                    lvl50: 4k+
                    <lvl50: <4k

Comment

Originally posted by OhBummer View Post
                      Crit is affected by your opponent's level. If you're lvl 80 and fighting mainly lvl 80 opponents, you should have 10k+ crit. That said, crit is also on a diminishing returns scale. This means that once you go past 10k crit vs a lvl 80 opponent, the amount of crit gained becomes less and less until the noticable difference is negligable. A good point of reference scale is:
                      Opponent lvl: crit
                      lvl 80: 10k+
                      lvl70: 8k+
                      lvl60: 6k+
                      lvl50: 4k+
                      <lvl50: <4k
                      I don't know where you come up with this info but you got it wrong. The level counts only as level difference. The higher your opponent is in level compared to your own, the less chance you have to crit. So yea maybe if you're level 60 and have 10k+ crit while fighting vs level 80 player you won't have problems critting. But as level 80 vs level 80 even 6-7k is plenty.

Comment

10k+ crit at 80 my ***... thats very much even for archers, for knights, mages its probably the max u can get at the moment unless you sold your house to buy crit gems

Comment

Originally posted by Setsuna88 View Post
                          10k+ crit at 80 my ***... thats very much even for archers, for knights, mages its probably the max u can get at the moment unless you sold your house to buy crit gems
                          surely wrong info as even pipster doesn't have 10K crit haha
                          SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
                          IGN: Kimwong
                          CLASS: Knight
                          PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
                          BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
                          Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

Originally posted by kimwong View Post
                            surely wrong info as even pipster doesn't have 10K crit haha
                            Even Pipster is a knight, Zebq had almost 14k crit and a bunch of other archers have 10k+ crit. But that info is wrong idd.

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
                              Frankly it still baffles me how 200k+ BR people, with HP also over 200k, keep using Brilliance.
                              obviously they want to show they have a high br and brilliance adds to their br...sometimes you must understand ppl do not follow logic...
                              IGN: Athena
                              Guild: Warriors
                              Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                              Difficulty Level: Noob
                              BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Working...
                              X