Aftermath of the 3.1 Patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermath of the 3.1 Patch

Now, whilst many people previously stated they were looking forward to the 3.1 Patch being installed, nobody could really have expected so many faults to come out of it. Whilst some people are enjoying the new installations the 3.1 Patch has to offer (Marriage System, Advanced Class, etc, etc) others are loathing over the large amount of bugs and faults that have appeared. So, how long do you think it will take R2 Games to fix these bugs? How many Maintenance's do you think it will take?

Not many good results have come through the door with this patch. A few people on my server have decided to drop their weapons and have left the game. I'm sure this situation has occurred on many other servers, as people simply aren't happy with some of the changes that have been made, and maybe weren't made for the best. Classes are no longer equal, with Knights now falling even more behind compared to the other classes. I'm sure there are other issues I've missed. But, I'm curious about what other people's opinions are about the real aftermath of this patch, so feel free to share them.
    To Willow:
    Rest In Peace. Never to be forgotten by those who knew and loved you. And even by those who didn't.

Retired. Officially. Life is too short. Face it, you only live once.

isnt this human nature? everyone expected the good things, but they arent prepared for the bad things. not even R2 wanted these bugs, but yes they're heavily unprepared for it. im not defending their lack of professionalism tho.
    Originally posted by Wraithraiser
    Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
      isnt this human nature? everyone expected the good things, but they arent prepared for the bad things. not even R2 wanted these bugs, but yes they're heavily unprepared for it. im not defending their lack of professionalism tho.
      Pretty much so. I mean, I completely forgot that something bad had to come out of this. It's not R2's fault, but you are right when you state about their lack of professionalism.
      To Willow:
      Rest In Peace. Never to be forgotten by those who knew and loved you. And even by those who didn't.

Retired. Officially. Life is too short. Face it, you only live once.

Comment

I don't care what happens. Just play and go againsts all odds... more challenge means more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
          I don't care what happens. Just play and go againsts all odds... more challenge means more fun.
          i wish i can be as optimist as you xD
          everytime a patch coming, the first thing in my mind is "oh great, what kind of bug they gonna give us this time".
          Originally posted by Wraithraiser
          Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I think it would have helped if they had listed all changes or gave reasons why they change something like making Deep Freeze useless on boss characters. People might not agree but some people might say I can see where they are coming from.

I play as knight and I did not rely on block heal for everything but I am now trying to decided weather I should keep block or change it to something else. I know there is more that R2 could do to make the player base more happy and some of them are just quite simple and that is to communicate better with players.

DarkMeph
            Willow. RIP 30/10/14 you will be missed.

Comment

I like the look, I like a lot of the new animations, except the Delphic!!?!? but while any software roll out will have some bugs, the one thing that irritates me the most is the way the talent/exp cap was messed up. Pre-patch at lvl 68 you could have a holy seal of 62 and a talent level of 72, and I know some lvl 68 folks that had max holy seal. Post patch at holy seal of 56, the exp for HS of 57 is now higher than the level up threshold of both lvl 68 and 69, so 68's are now at a distinct disadvantage in BG's.

Comment

Fix the lags fix the 10hrs loading fix the damn lags

Comment

Yeah if they just optimized it a bit without breaking 50 things like they do every time they implement a patch for 1 thing and straightened out this lag I'd be happy. WB yesterday took us like 48 mins to kill (bloodfang) because the lag was horrendous.

Also I'm not this isn't a dang pop up book, I'd actually like to be able to see my screen and what I'm doing these little notes all over my screen are becoming obnoxious and destroy the fun of the game, give us the option to hide them undersettings. NO ONE WANTS TO SIT THERE AND SEE A MESSAGE THEY CAN'T GET RID OF ON THEIR SCREEN.
                  Last edited by Valest; 08-15-2014, 11:18 AM.
                  S435 Witchlight bluffs
                  Valest [Guild: Valhalla] 212,000 BR Lv80-5.5 Imperial Dragon Knight (13k crit)
                  39k BR *Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by Imperias View Post
                    Classes are no longer equal, with Knights now falling even more behind compared to the other classes.
                    i don't think devs ever look on knights,
                    S371/Zetsuen.
                    Honor: GDK
                    KNIGHT ☣

Comment

I feel for all of those that have left the game. Changes always have a tendency to catch people unprepared. Yet, even with all the drawbacks..there is chance for opportunities. As a knight, I need to change with the times. Yes, the developers seem to have a preference for the other classes, and they seem to enjoy stripping my fellow Knights of any real possibilities against the other classes. But, i'm not going anywhere. The odds are stacked against my knight and my class like it always has been...but hang in there.
                      ☼ Here today, gone tomorrow ☼ So enjoy life to the fullest!!

Comment

I like a lot of aspects of it. They have some small fixes to make. But the whole exp/HS level is just brutal. Such a bad play on their part. Sincerely hope they adjust it
                        Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

hmm where to start haha,
                          well apart from playing with blurry chars in mpds and in dungeons and wilds, its now freezing my firefox totally locking it up since this update also skill bar gets shadowed out for ages so end up not doing half damage im supposed to be doing its a fun update but more buggy than an ant farm

Comment

The list of good things in this patch is far smaller than the bad....
                            The good:
                            League insignia shop added to arena allowing an alternative to tanks for runes

The bad:
                            Horrendous lag
                            Devotion rewards changed to a rigged wheel, signet trainings removed, exp scrolls removed lowering my exp gains by about 5 mil/day
                            Horrendous lag
                            27 levels from max talents for level and was forced to level to continue raising due to exp/level drop
                            Horrendous lag
                            Was hard getting 3 players together for group arena, 4 is even harder
                            Horrendous lag
                            Wilds bosses made even worse, was hard enough finding a boss AND a group that could kill it on my server before now I hear a 100K BR average party was not able to defeat the level 60 spirit of wind.
                            Horrendous lag
                            And the one that has me about to quit, marriage. Not that they allow marriage but that getting married provides extra stats extra healing skill and extra items pretty much forcing players to play house to be competitive. This also is going to make arena and groups even harder as everything will become about double dating for the couple bonuses.
                            Horrendous lag
                            mount refining. As a non casher that is unable to get anywhere near the number of mounts a casher can get regardless of how much effort grind or patience I am willing to put in, because most mounts are cash only, now you can double the stats they give.
                            And once more because it is so bad.... Horrendous lag

Comment

DF won't work in nightmare dungeons(probably because they gave knights a slow and don't want them to be too OP). SS is bugged in spire. Holy seal skill needs to be assessed, capped and reset(again). Damage in arena seemed odd(no clue what's going on there). And oh my goodness, the lag. Where did the signet training medals go(balens I guess)?

Comment

Working...
                              X