Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wartune Weekly Maintenance 4/23 3:30 AM EDT!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Asha_S30 View Post
    That sounds fair....i hate baking cookies, but making tea is definitely something im capable of. Still wating for kabam servers to go up though....6h50m in now....
    Lol thats ok while I waited for servers to go up this morning I've already baked butterscotch oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip, and reeses pieces peanut butter cookies...so they'll still be warm hopefully when S30 is up...

Comment

• Originally posted by Striden View Post
      Lol well when the server is back up I'll bake the cookies if you make the tea...then we can join them for a few moments of laziness too. Oh right, we're gonna have to bust our arses to catch up.
      No need...by the time servers are back up, it will be time to go to sleep :P
      Name: Decimus
      Class: Knight
      Level: 80
      BR: 1.3 Mil
      Server: Kabam 59

Comment

• We're chasing the GMs asking why Kabam isn't up yet.
        "The trolls of the Ramtops call her Aaoograha hoa ("She Who Must Be Avoided")
        and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

On holiday. Please refer any issues to

Comment

• Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
          We're chasing the GMs asking why Kabam isn't up yet.
          I'll give you a stick if you want to beat them down so they'll give you an answer...

Comment

• Kabam is up! YAY!

Comment

• Originally posted by EsmeWeatherwax View Post
              We're chasing the GMs asking why Kabam isn't up yet.
              Thank you Esme, maybe you can give them some free advice on my behalf...next time have a double espresso during break instead of tea. Of course cookies are always good

Comment

• thank you for the reply =)
                Genevieve

Server: Kabam S77

Class: Archer

BR: 868K

Comment

• Originally posted by Asha_S30 View Post
                  Thank you Esme, maybe you can give them some free advice on my behalf...next time have a double espresso during break instead of tea. Of course cookies are always good
                  Are you sure that's wise? All that caffeine, they'd be jumping up and down from the caffeine kick. I don't see how that'll benefit the maintenance!
                  and the dwarf name for her, K'ez'rek d'b'duz, translates to "Go Around the Other Side of the Mountain."

Comment

• :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Comment

• SO MUCH FOR THE EXTRA COMP LOL LOL OOPS (am I being rude again ) ouch

Comment

• Originally posted by N1ghtAngel View Post
                        News just in, r2 would like you all to take a stroll in the park and experience a small percentage of real life
                        Thats a dam lie! they can't make any cash off us that way, so yea, thats the last thing they want :P
                        Pyranthos
                        S372 Spirit Divide
                        Mage : 5.4m br and climbing

Comment

• Kabam servers 100(along with 102 and 104) are not up

Comment

• Hey R2, 7Road, or whoever is the developer of this game. Here is a few suggestions for you.

1.Open up the client side main swf file in fireworks and fix the 50 or so memory leaks you have(explained below).

OR

2. Use fixed obfuscated memory addresses for your pointers, variables, and even graphics bmp's (yes it is possible I have done it), thus offloading the memory burden from the browser.

OR

3. If you are really lazy write a garbage collection routine that reuses memory and call it every 30 minutes or so or link to on action. Perge unused graphics sets when screen is closed OR moved to next theme. This would cut the memory consumption of your swf by over half and cut lag by the same margin(Lag, see below).

Memory Leak- When a poorly written program consumes memory instead of reusing existing old memory locations. This is very important in flash as the more graphics they add to the swf and how there graphics fetch routine is structured to constantly load the graphic without purging or reusing the old memory location causes the swf to consume more and more memory in the browser until the browser is forced to clear memory, by that time the damage is done and lag is terrible because of it.

Lag-Because of the non-existent garbage collection of this swf while running the flash will consume more and more active memory(ram) , causing the system to eventually start writing to the virtual disk file to give the browser the memory requirements it is requesting. When the browser finally detects there is something amiss and does its own forced garbage collection to reduce memory use it is already too late. Almost constant swapping between the swap file and active memory after the browser has consumed all available active memory (ram) added to the ever consuming memory usage will slow even the mightiest of systems.

The more "features" you add to the game compounds this problem until you clean up your code the lag issues will just increase.

AND..... it would help you immensely to have not more than one group of coders working on your code. One hand doesn't necessary know or understand what the other one is doing. Translating and changing root code from one platform to another with different dependencies will ALWAYS lead to bugs.

And finally, when you are done patching your code, when will the servers be back up and running ?

Comment

• yay, they broke more stuff, wilds don't work xD
                              Genevieve

Server: Kabam S77

Class: Archer

BR: 868K

Comment

• Originally posted by jfang002 View Post
                                Kabam servers 100(along with 102 and 104) are not up
                                I've been told they'll open soon... I'm not told why they are delayed, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X