Game Lag, Other Issues, Blocked from Discord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Lag, Other Issues, Blocked from Discord

So since the maintenance on Sunday night, I have been having loads of issues in the game. I have sent in a ticket. I have posted on Discord about some of them. I have cleared my cache, cookies and rebooted numerous times. Issues are still ongoing and new ones keep popping up. I am now somehow blocked from Discord. It says my email and password are invalid. News to me. I have changed nothing; same as I was using before so how come it is suddenly invalid? Guess I am complaining too much, huh?

S24 Roland Town - Merlin, etc

While I can understand wanting to blame R2 for all the wrongs in the world, R2 has nothing to do with anyone's ability to log into Discord. If you were blocked from the server, you'd still be able to log in to your account. You do have more than one account, so perhaps you are getting confused by which set of login information you were using. I suggest a password manager.

Your ticket was responded to with a follow up question. You should find the reply to your ticket in the inbox for the email address you told Terra when you spoke to her earlier.

New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Yeah, I use Discord only for R2 The Third Age so naturally assume when there is a login issue, it is to do with R2 but frankly I have no idea how any of these things work. Yes, I do have more than one account but I only use 2 different emails so manageable confusion. lol I did manage to probably create another Discord account; no idea what happened with the other. Regarding the issues in The Third Age; still afew niggling glitches now and again but the lag has dissipated and that makes a world of difference. I did get a reply for R2 but it was not terribly helpful - the usual clear your cache, cookies, etc. I did not reply because, as I said, I've done all that and it didn't seem to help. However, knock on wood, matters appear to be improving. Thanks for your help and patience. I know there is only so much you can do and annoyed players being annoying must get tiresome after awhile.

Comment

Discord is its own company. The only thing R2 controls is your ability to be a part of our chat group on Discord, where sometimes people do nothing but complain without consequence.

If you don't reply to your ticket then they will have no option but to assume your issue was fixed by doing the troubleshooting steps. There is nothing at all I can do for you if you do not reply to your ticket, as they instructed, to let them know the troubleshooting steps did not work.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

As I said, how these things work I don't know. It was R2 that encouraged me (and everyone else) to go to Discord in the first place so ofc I associate it with R2 not Discord but now I know it isn't actually R2, I will drop it. I don't know what other players use it for but whatever it is, good on them. To me, it was simply a way to communicate with R2 but apparently not to complain or make inquiries. So I won't anymore. As for the ticket, I did reply to it. In the midst of some frustration, I forgot that I did. Sorry. It ended there. Thanks for your help, MemoryLane.

Comment

I'm trying to explain how it works so that you understand, and in understanding will also know how to go about getting help for the issue you're having.

The forum is a broken place. Discord is being pushed for everyday things, for reports, for faster communication. Sometimes the forum doesn't show me new posts for days, and sometimes not at all. We can't private message on the forum anymore. Sometimes you can't post images, sometimes you just can't post. I am still holding out hope that R2 will one day ditch the horrible software that is vBulletin, but until that day, we use Discord for most things, even for complaints. It's treated just like the forum, where you interact with other players and volunteer mods/gms.

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to try and explain. I may not understand completely but I do understand better than before. Your help, as always, is much appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

If you notice a spike in lag, or similar symptoms: they might be due to R2 servers being under a heavy load, or they might be due to the internet at any point between you and the servers being loaded down.
                For example: years ago I was using AOL, and AOL got bogged down due to a mail SPAM (which was done on their servers by a 3rd party, not by them.)
                It was easy to assume that the game I was trying to play was lagging, or the site I was trying to browse / shop on, but in fact: it was my ISP.
                Another time: the backbone in my area was under attack with a DoS (denial of service) attack, so any place I tried to go, the backbone couldn't get me there.
                And sometimes it is a backbone for another area, or on another continent.
                Over the years, the hardware and software providing connectivity has improved, but so have the attackers improved their creativity.
                Short version is: when you're having trouble connecting, or lagging, check some other sites, preferably ones with wide bandwidth, to see if the problem might reside elsewhere.
                As an additional note: China has been cutting down on international electronic communications, so the problem could be "at their border" also.

Comment

Working...
                X