Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I appreciate your attempts to make things easier for players: there are times when it is overly cumbersome to do the work around. For example: typing purchase instead of buy, when talking about getting stuff from the various shops. Since buy and purchase mean the same thing, either both, or neither, should be censored.

Likewise: Fornication Under Consent of the King is allowed, but the abbreviation, with the exact same meaning, is blocked.

filtering 2 letter combos indiscriminately is just absurd, and in a real sense: game breaking.
    You can't communicate in real time when you have to retype every line because the meaning is obscured by a broken censor.

My hope is that including the screen shot with the very word being censored, but included by the devs, would help them to understand.

Finally: it is important to note that this is a global game, and not everyone speaks English.
    The work around solutions often only work if the person speaks English fluently, because translate will not work with those words.

I've experienced this the other way also, when someone works around the filter, and I can't translate half the message to English because they are working around it.

I've had to work around chat filters in other games, but I don't recall another place where they censored 2 letter combos, let alone ones as common as "sm" and "bt"

How am I supposed to express my doubt, if that other player can't read the word: doubt?

The ironic thing is: most of the swearing can easily by typed by working around the chat filter, making it not only overly cumbersome to normal communication, but ineffective at stopping swearing.

Comment

Agree with all the others. I got around this post accidentally and I am really happy I've found it in forum. Cheers Bill Bloom for creating it.

Yes too many association letters are involved in this censorship process we can ever think off.. not even to speak about listing them.
      *a s s *line *sup being part in words and others I can't remember, being censored, I got myself as problem several times in 'The 3rd Age [S337].

I will say here is not about us players to list what we find here to ease the devs work in this problem,
      (nobody likes to spend their time in a forum fixing problems instead of actually playing, moreover in a so-called free-to-play game where you have to pay in fact to really keep up with other players...)
      but the devs rather should think about a full revision of the chat script adding clear to the script, if it really need to have a chat censored, the words censored and over this the rule to exempt them as 'bad words' if they will be part in other words.
      This will save your players, many of them your customers too, of a big headache and embarrassment.

Other option: remove the chat censorship fully! Let be honest ... there are no minors in a game like this and if they are those are speaking way more dirty than most of the adults inside!
      If you'd like to do a real good thing BANNING PLAYERS that are seen talking dirty but more of this those who are talking aggressive and are in any way disturbing other players from the 'fun' IT'LL BE THE BEST for a clean chat.
      Last edited by Jeda396; 12-05-2023, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeda396 View Post
        Agree with all the others. I got around this post accidentally and I am really happy I've found it in forum. Cheers Bill Bloom for creating it.

Yes too many association letters are involved in this censorship process we can ever think off.. not even to speak about listing them.
        *a s s *line *sup being part in words and others I can't remember, being censored, I got myself as problem several times in 'The 3rd Age [S337].

I will say here is not about us players to list what we find here to ease the devs work in this problem,
        (nobody likes to spend their time in a forum fixing problems instead of actually playing, moreover in a so-called free-to-play game where you have to pay in fact to really keep up with other players...)
        but the devs rather should think about a full revision of the chat script adding clear to the script, if it really need to have a chat censored, the words censored and over this the rule to exempt them as 'bad words' if they will be part in other words.
        This will save your players, many of them your customers too, of a big headache and embarrassment.

Other option: remove the chat censorship fully! Let be honest ... there are no minors in a game like this and if they are those are speaking way more dirty than most of the adults inside!
        If you'd like to do a real good thing BANNING PLAYERS that are seen talking dirty but more of this those who are talking aggressive and are in any way disturbing other players from the 'fun' IT'LL BE THE BEST for a clean chat.
        Chat filters are required when a game allows underage players, even if you think there aren't any playing this game. The issue is the game uses a generic filter appropriate for China, and the devs don't have the filter coded to only censor the words individually. The devs haven't been receptive to making changes to it since this thread was created. It is reasonable to find the way the filter works to be very annoying, but it is what it is.

As for people "talking dirty", no one is going to be banned for pixel words. The worst thing that will happen is a temporary mute if staff agrees the words break the Terms of Service. However, it is up to the players to screenshot and submit a ticket in order to report it as chat does not print out anywhere staff can see it.

New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Working...
        X