This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Update: Enabling Flash

Dear players, we have noticed that once you update your Chrome to the latest version, the browser will remind you to Turn off your Flash every time you open it

Click image for larger version  Name:	ch1.png Views:	1 Size:	4.0 KB ID:	1991622

If you click “Turn off” by accident, please follow the steps below to enter the game

Step 1: If the “GAME START” button does not work, click the small icon at the top right corner of your Chrome

Click image for larger version  Name:	ch2.png Views:	1 Size:	47.0 KB ID:	1991623

Step 2: Click the “Manage” button to open the setting page

Click image for larger version  Name:	ch3.png Views:	1 Size:	7.0 KB ID:	1991624

Step 3: Click the button behind “Block sites from running Flash” to unlock “Ask first” option. Return to the game page and press “view site information” and select “Allow” for Flash.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ch4.png Views:	1 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	1991625

Click image for larger version  Name:	ch5.png Views:	1 Size:	46.8 KB ID:	1991626

Click image for larger version  Name:	ch6.png Views:	1 Size:	22.6 KB ID:	1991627

Step 4: Enjoy the game.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ch7.jpg Views:	1 Size:	302.0 KB ID:	1991628

future of r2 flash games announced when? or r2 just gonna keep pretending everything is fine?
    'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Originally posted by xPrototypeT View Post
      future of r2 flash games announced when? or r2 just gonna keep pretending everything is fine?
      Still 16 months before Flash end of life, but it is a frequent topic of discussion. Newer games are coming in as html5. They are testing the conversion waters with The Third Age having just gone from flash to html5. A version update has been promised for Wartune in the second half of 2020. We will have more information in 2020 about the rest of the games.

In the meantime, we will see the browsers increase friction for using Flash content, and this notice is in case someone clicked "Turn off" thinking it would make the notice go away.
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

The thing is that R2´s way of dealing with this problem is that it´ll likely affect how players play the game and IF they keep playing the game. It´s likely (to say the least) that the amount of money that the games bring in will affect how likely games are to get a port. The longer it takes for R2 to make a statement for a game the more likely it´ll become that some players might stop playing. Ad since it´s no secret that atleast some of R2´s games are designed for the so called "whales" it´s safe to say that it´ll also affect their spending behaviour.
        If anybody wonders why I´ve said that it´s no secret: Jared Psigoda who was the CEO of R2Games for nearly 8 (or 3, depending on the source) years had a nearly one hour long session at the GDC (Game Developers Conference) about the game design of chinese browser games. In case anybody is interested the session is called "$100,000 Whales - An Introduction to Chinese Browser Game Design" (sic.).
        So yeah, any positive news that they could give us regarding any of the games would probably increase the chances for said game.

TLDR: A lot of "if... then... and might".
        Last edited by R2109499284; 08-28-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R2109499284 View Post
          The thing is that R2´s way of dealing with this problem is that it´ll likely affect how players play the game and IF they keep playing the game. It´s likely (to say the least) that the amount of money that the games bring in will affect how likely games are to get a port. The longer it takes for R2 to make a statement for a game the more likely it´ll become that some players might stop playing.
          R2 is not a developer. R2 is a company that works with developers to publish their games. If a game ports to html5, it's not R2's decision, it's the developer's decision. Even if a developer chooses to not convert their game, it's not necessarily the end of the line for that game. There's still so much time for the coding community to build something that won't rely on a plugin that will play legacy flash content, and they will because there's so much content out there that will never be converted.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Yo, glad to see there's still people around. I've been trying to hop onto Nova Genesis and experience a "404 not found error" along with nginx/1.4.3 below. I've tried logging onto Nova with different devices but I get the same issue so I was wondering if there's anything that can be done or if Nova is just gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by R2134469181 View Post
              Yo, glad to see there's still people around. I've been trying to hop onto Nova Genesis and experience a "404 not found error" along with nginx/1.4.3 below. I've tried logging onto Nova with different devices but I get the same issue so I was wondering if there's anything that can be done or if Nova is just gone now.
              I'm so sorry, Nova Genesis was taken down in 2017.

Comment

Well, I just learned something new today. I'm glad these forums are here. I would've never known about any of these changes that are going on.

Comment

tried everything as per your instructions and still nothing, oh well guess this game is going into the rubbish bin

Comment

what's wrong with this game why is it still going on and on and on ngelag please update please especially on server 49 I find it hard to play this game

Comment

i was on yesterday i cant logged into any server im tired of your maintence idiots

Comment

ask to resround new fort recon my flash
                        acxnhoel

Comment

use explorer i guess
                          Last edited by Mohab Elwasef; 02-27-2020, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Myhtborne ?? will it continue?

Comment

Originally posted by xenialouna
                              I am trying logging onto Nova but it's not working so I was wondering if there's anything that can be done or if Nova is just gone now.
                              If you mean the game Nova Genesis, that closed years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X