Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Update: Flash End of Life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeruel91x View Post
    so the only games that will be safe to play are omega zodiac, vampire empire, the third age, survivor legacy, firestone idle rpg and eternal fury.

google "risks of using flash player after 2020" and you'll find an NSA warning about how you will be vulnerable to attack since flash will no longer be getting security updates and exploit patches.

client or not, if the game still runs on flash, it will be vulnerable. use at your own risk. R2 doesn't care if you get hacked, they only care that some of you will keep paying into their games until it happens.
    Many companies that have flash games/programs, particularly those with code far too old to convert without a complete rewrite, are switching to client apps. Facebook Gameroom will also continue to play flash content. At least 2 projects are currently in the works for playing abandoned flash games. I'm not tech savvy enough to know what the difference is between playing flash content in a client app and playing it directly in a web browser in terms of security, but a lot of effort is being put into keeping flash games accessible across the internet.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post

Many companies that have flash games/programs, particularly those with code far too old to convert without a complete rewrite, are switching to client apps. Facebook Gameroom will also continue to play flash content. At least 2 projects are currently in the works for playing abandoned flash games. I'm not tech savvy enough to know what the difference is between playing flash content in a client app and playing it directly in a web browser in terms of security, but a lot of effort is being put into keeping flash games accessible across the internet.
      with all due respect, the number of companies trying to continue using flash / keeping it accessible after 2020 doesn't make it the right thing to do. i understand they don't want to let an IP die, but they are intentionally leaving out a very important part of the equation; the risk their user base will be taking continuing to use their product.

similarly to when cigarette companies didn't want people to know the risks of smoking, these game companies / hosts don't want people to know the risks of using flash after it becomes unsupported. i'm not equivocating these two risks, one is lethal, and one is clearly not. i'm merely pointing out that the companies don't want to lose business by scaring off their customers. better for them to just leave people in the dark and hope for the best.

these game companies / hosts have no obligation to keep the user informed, only to make a profit for the shareholders in their companies, so i understand why they are doing this from a business perspective. i just hope some people will see my post and do their own research to understand the risk they will be taking should they choose to continue playing these games.

it's unfortunate because i have spent quite a large amount of time and money in multiple R2 games myself, but none of the ones i've played will be safe in the future, so i won't be playing them after january 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by zeruel91x View Post

with all due respect, the number of companies trying to continue using flash / keeping it accessible after 2020 doesn't make it the right thing to do. i understand they don't want to let an IP die, but they are intentionally leaving out a very important part of the equation; the risk their user base will be taking continuing to use their product.

similarly to when cigarette companies didn't want people to know the risks of smoking, these game companies / hosts don't want people to know the risks of using flash after it becomes unsupported. i'm not equivocating these two risks, one is lethal, and one is clearly not. i'm merely pointing out that the companies don't want to lose business by scaring off their customers. better for them to just leave people in the dark and hope for the best.

these game companies / hosts have no obligation to keep the user informed, only to make a profit for the shareholders in their companies, so i understand why they are doing this from a business perspective. i just hope some people will see my post and do their own research to understand the risk they will be taking should they choose to continue playing these games.

it's unfortunate because i have spent quite a large amount of time and money in multiple R2 games myself, but none of the ones i've played will be safe in the future, so i won't be playing them after january 1st.
        It's a valid discussion. I've read lots of articles about what happens after Flash, what companies are doing with content that can't be converted, and so forth. I came across a concern that people would use outdated browsers outside a VM in order to continue using the Flash plugins, and seems to be the driving force behind projects like Flashpoint, which is a free and open-source community project taking on abandoned flash games across the internet, so not benefiting shareholders, and claims to be secure. Ruffle is a flash emulator that also claims it is secure, and is what Newgrounds will be using. I've read other articles that say Flash itself isn't what is insecure, but the implementation of Flash and the use of plugins that resulted in vulnerabilities. I figure we should be seeing some deep dive tech articles before the end of the year that advice a general stance to take on the matter. I know I will be reserving judgement for when the new R2 client is released and people take a close look under the hood.

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

O_O well that just sad atleast i can play the games still
          today is a goog day

Comment

i am still paying the game
            Last edited by Hachiro; 06-22-2020, 08:29 PM. Reason: removed links

Comment

I could not get on the game tonight with Chrome or Edge. I installed the R2 Client, and was able to play then. (dragon Pals)

Comment

using the client right now and cant even load it , 1 moment it loads then 1 hr it wont . also i play 2 toons and most us here play more then just 1 toon , with this client its not possible to open a secnd screen to play 2 toons same time like in old wartune , that client was nice , so if 1 plays 2 toons better stop cashing 1 toon once flash is finish? since cant log 2 toons same moment?

Comment

Will the people that used to play on Kabam and now it is ran by Gamerocks will we be able to play on our servers here? My server is UD1

Comment

I thank you for the list of games that will still be able to be played once Flash ends, but did notice that Dragon Awaken was not mentioned via Facebook...The following games will continue to be accessible via Facebook Gameroom and R2 Client:
                    Crystal Saga
                    Crystal Saga II
                    Dragon Pals
                    Shadowbound
                    Mythborne

I do hope Dragon Awaken is supported by Facebook..

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Newton View Post
                      I thank you for the list of games that will still be able to be played once Flash ends, but did notice that Dragon Awaken was not mentioned via Facebook...The following games will continue to be accessible via Facebook Gameroom and R2 Client:
                      Crystal Saga
                      Crystal Saga II
                      Dragon Pals
                      Shadowbound
                      Mythborne

I do hope Dragon Awaken is supported by Facebook..
                      The games that will still be available through Facebook are currently able to be played using the Facebook Gameroom. Dragon Awaken is just through the Facebook page, and you won't be able to use a browser to access the game once Flash goes away. You should be able to log in using Facebook on the R2 website, and then you'll be able to use the clients. You can also convert from a Facebook login to a main site login, which is highly recommended so you don't have to deal with Facebook's login API failing periodically. That said, if Dragon Awaken does become available through the Facebook Gameroom, we will post a notice.

Comment

lmao dont care u mad cause bad at game

Comment

Bonjour je joue a Armor valor ou c trouve mon code car il le demande gift pack code merci

Comment

Originally posted by Lundertaker Brock Le View Post
                            Bonjour je joue a Armor valor ou c trouve mon code car il le demande gift pack code merci
                            Armor Valor questions here: https://forum.r2games.com/forum/new-games/armor-valor
                            Armor Valor gift code here: https://av.r2games.com/code/

Comment

MemoryLane I know that the client at the moment cant load more then two toons so my question is will there be another version or an update on it? that can allow the client to add as many toons as possible and allow to split the screens for those off us who use more then one monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by eternalsage View Post
                                MemoryLane I know that the client at the moment cant load more then two toons so my question is will there be another version or an update on it? that can allow the client to add as many toons as possible and allow to split the screens for those off us who use more then one monitor.
                                I hope they do. I don't have any information other than "the client will continue to be optimized".

Comment

Working...
                                X