Just started CS2 & game keeps stuttering lagging freezing, unlike CS1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started CS2 & game keeps stuttering lagging freezing, unlike CS1

So I decided to start a new after a long hiatus and this was a great opportunity to start at CS2, however as soon as I started playing the game I would notice it would lag for the smallest things and I have no idea why its doing it, I started at a US east server, my fps is normally okay, my ping is even less than playing on US west servers (nearly twice) and I assume that the servers location is the same, I live in Europe and the time difference for the east servers is 6 hours and west servers is 9 hours, if the actual servers are built and kept in different locations then it would make more sense the east servers wouldnt lag so much, i mean the smallest of things, like selling **** drops to any NPC, going in and out of towns using portals, dialogues and accepting missions from NPCs, it would lag, freeze (but all the actions would continue during screen and i can even walk freely) and after the server catches up it would send me back to where i was and give me a system message sometimes or not something similar to "gate portal b2 f3" bla bla (it wouldnt disconnect me from the game, however that did happen once though for the past 2 days since yesterday) my internet connection is good enough 15 ping 40mbits, my pc is more than good enough, 16gb of ram, 8 core processor, GTX 1080 8gb VRAM, so no idea whats going on.

If the devs need a video I'll make one and upload it on youtube, please the mods let me know if they need it.

Comment

Have you tried using a VPN to see if it resolves your server lag issues?
      If you have a problem, need assistance and we can't help? Submit a ticket with R2 here
      Please, view the bug report list here - CS1
      Forum Rules are located here
      Please, view the bug report list here - CS2
      Looking for a guide? Try here.*

CS1 - FAQ here

Please, note my inbox is broken. Post your issue or question on the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by *Minori* View Post
        No, I haven't tried, most VPNs are paid, of course there are a few that have free trials, I can try a few and see if it makes a difference, but it shouldn't really make any difference at all, I mean the game isn't region specific and even if I am playing on a non EU server it doesn't have strict rules and a VPN wouldn't change my point of connection from my place to the server, although I can upload a video on youtube to show how it looks like, it's this very strange rubber band effect I've seen a few times but not very often, it happens only when the servers have very poor connection and they need to get fixed or my internet connection is dog ****

Comment

I have tried using a VPN using multiple locations including the united states and canada, and by the looks of it the servers don't like my vpn, it fails to load any servers whatsoever on both CS2 and CS1 as well, my guess is the client recognizes the fast shift of the IP address and doesn't load the servers for me, I can't even get to the character loading screen. Any other ideas?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qdRJ8-RfyU here is a link of a screen recording of mine, its about 7 minutes so its not too long, I've had the lag occurence twice but its normally most often, every minute or so

Comment

You're going to want to submit a ticket with support for assistance. There might be an underlying issue with your account that they need to look into. Please, pinpoint in the video where the lag issue is or reupload it with the specific lag spike shown to ensure they clearly see where you're having the problem. I believe it's around 4 minutes and 40 seconds into the recording.

https://www.r2games.com/support/
              If you have a problem, need assistance and we can't help? Submit a ticket with R2 here
              Please, view the bug report list here - CS1
              Forum Rules are located here
              Please, view the bug report list here - CS2
              Looking for a guide? Try here.*

CS1 - FAQ here

Please, note my inbox is broken. Post your issue or question on the forums.

Comment

Working...
              X