• Show
Clear All

Is this a permenant event? o.o
    Server: (S73)Green Plains
    IGN: (S73)Aura
    Level: 180 eido
    Class: Rogue
    Guild: 憎悪 (Hatred)

"You can read, but knowledge is only information.
    Wisdom is translating that knowledge to application."

K - Rino

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Rob View Post
      Duration: 5/21 - 5/27 11:59 PM (Server Time)
      Level Requirement: 30+

Description: Defeat Lvl. 30 and above elite monsters for a chance to get Warrior Vouchers, which can be traded. Collect 20 vouchers and exchange them for Warrior Key x1 by visiting the Quartermaster in Starglade, once per day. Warrior Keys can also be purchased in the Shop for just 50 Crystal a piece. These keys can then be used to play the Warrior Lotto for a chance to win rare and valuable items!

Why do you keep doing this event when we still have lotto keys dropping in dungeons.....many have saved these hoping for THAT event to come back. Please consider using it again soon

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJo View Post
        Is this a permenant event? o.o
        Yes, Wrangler will be a daily event hereon.

Comment

They need to fix afk from the outside. Players are entering while afk from starglade and able to afk it all day. Really sucks because the players doing it are strong so no one can kill from them.
          What are bugs?

Comment

The new system has quite a big problem.

Even though it is not supposed to be AFK-able it most certainly is. It's as simple as turning AFK on before entering and it stays up inside.

Bug description: Wrangle is AFKable
            Bug reproduction: Turn AFK on before entering through the NPC.
            Bug consequences:
            1) After 1 min the PVP is gone thanks to AFK protection
            2) People just sticking alts in to farm "Iron Disc"s for free RM since the runes are not bound once made.
            3) Due to high population of AFKers inside the event is not doable, might as well not be in the game.

Monetary impact on R2: As rune medium is one of the major products being purchased at the moment you can basically say good bye to money from anyone who can put an alt there.

Screenshot:

Bug solution:
            1) Reset AFK setting to OFF upon entering (while loading)
            2) Do AFK ON/OFF check before entering (just like the "Mounted" check is performed)

Conclusion: The event looks decent yet it ruined. I thought that R2 was attempting to fight against alt abuse. Releasing this event as it is in regards to the "fighting against alts" is like breaking your legs before running a marathon. A hotfix would be the best solution as each minute the event is live literally costs you money for the RM exchanged.

EDIT: I am posting it here on purpose because we all know what the response time for the ticket system is. I am hoping to get attention faster this way.
            EDIT 2: Concerning the ticket - I am open to making one but the diversity of categories is quite frankly sad ... this is not a "Account/Login Issue"/"Billing Issue"/"VIP Cancelation"/"VIP Subscription problem"...
            Last edited by Stavbar; 05-21-2015, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stavbar View Post

Even though it is not supposed to be AFK-able it most certainly is. It's as simple as turning AFK on before entering and it stays up inside.

Bug consequences:
              2) People just sticking alts in to farm "Iron Disc"s for free RM since the runes are not bound once made.
              3) Due to high population of AFKers inside the event is not doable, might as well not be in the game.

Monetary impact on R2: As rune medium is one of the major products being purchased at the moment you can basically say good bye to money from anyone who can put an alt there.

Screenshot:

Bug solution:
              2) Do AFK ON/OFF check before entering (just like the "Mounted" check is performed)

Conclusion: The event looks decent yet it ruined. I thought that R2 was attempting to fight against alt abuse. Releasing this event as it is in regards to the "fighting against alts" is like breaking your legs before running a marathon. A hotfix would be the best solution as each minute the event is live literally costs you money for the RM exchanged.

EDIT: I am posting it here on purpose because we all know what the response time for the ticket system is. I am hoping to get attention faster this way.

I can guarantee you that AFK Protection dose not work in there even tough the AFK Protection its over the other team players you can still atack and kill them i tryed that
              AFK Mode its also used in Corruption to farm keys
              Strong alts aint so easy to make so good luck my main with 60k atack and 30k def can only kill weak spirits or guardians the elite looking mobs kill me easy
              The event map on my server its almost empty i dont know about yours

And i havent tryed to synt a Rune Medium yet but the description says its bound. But yes like you say i agree it needs some changes

Comment

Bug consequences:

Screenshot:

Bug solution:

Even if rune medium was bound after made they could easily trade rune of haven/evil or whatever to an alt do upgrade there then trade back... Maybe one of the moderators can pass your message to GMs, but I don't see them doing anything about this till next maint and that's If they decide to do anything about it at all... If they don't they might as well move this to some other sections in events tab because whole concept of this being PVP event is ruined.

Edit: Nevermind, ignore this. Just tested it even if it says afk protected you can still kill them when they leave protected zone.
                Last edited by R2349858; 05-21-2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FateAverruncus View Post
                  I can guarantee you that AFK Protection dose not work in there even tough the AFK Protection its over the other team players you can still atack and kill them i tryed that
                  AFK Mode its also used in Corruption to farm keys
                  Strong alts aint so easy to make so good luck my main with 60k atack and 30k def can only kill weak spirits or guardians the elite looking mobs kill me easy
                  The event map on my server its almost empty i dont know about yours

And i havent tryed to synt a Rune Medium yet but the description says its bound. But yes like you say i agree it needs some changes
                  We are talking about people who oneshot the medium mobs and kill the boss within seconds here (0.5m -1m attack). As of now there are predominantly mains.

If this was any other game the reciprocations would be temporary ban for all the bug abusers. However, R2s lenient approach lets players do whatever they please. The response time at maintenance (a week later when the bug has been abused for full 7 days without any threat) is something to be laughed at.

Comment

We are talking about people who oneshot the medium mobs and kill the boss within seconds here (0.5m -1m attack). As of now there are predominantly mains.

If this was any other game the reciprocations would be temporary ban for all the bug abusers. However, R2s lenient approach lets players do whatever they please. The response time at maintenance (a week later when the bug has been abused for full 7 days without any threat) is something to be laughed at.
                    Finaly after 7h my quest its completed and i even managed to get 2 iron's and i made 1 rune medium to see if it really was bound so yes i can confirm it is bound like the description is saying

Comment

alt abuse happen anyway
                      (V1)Flashnight
                      Level160
                      Class Knight
                      Guild Spartans

Comment

well took u 7hours to complete it on first day guess what it will be on 2nd? my guess is u wont be able to move out of the spawn zone. afk can be fixed same as in seng u enter and afk is automaticaly disabled. its a promising event but the way some will abuse it makes it for the most powerfull to grind the day for iron disks. my suggestion would be a reverse synthesis of copper disks to iron disks that way even lower lvls can benefit from that and get stronger by exchanging for pows(although its still alt abusable i guess).

Comment

Bug consequences:

Screenshot:

Bug solution:

EDIT 2: Concerning the ticket - I am open to making one but the diversity of categories is quite frankly sad ... this is not a "Account/Login Issue"/"Billing Issue"/"VIP Cancelation"/"VIP Subscription problem"...
                          1. You can AFK in corruption to get keys that is cluster in there on either of two times you enter.

2. The RM are Bound, just like they are with the ladder rewards. I know players that have alts that can solo up to level 85 in ladder, and they do solo ladder runs just for the shards to get the bound RM.

3. Alt abuse will happen no matter what is done, alt abuse has always been around with this game since it first started. There are players that have alt guilds for the Guild Food boss to farm ESD and Therions and they have 50+ in there.

4. Kill the players that are AFKing in there.... the protection does not work.
                          APOLOYMI
                          MARRIED TO ♥♥♥♥ SHADOWGAMMADRACO ♥♥♥♥
                          LEVEL180 EIDOLON SHADOW ROGUE

GUILD: The Spartans
                          (S44)PSYCHODELICA
                          GEN3 KYUBI

Helpful Posts and Ideas that i have made, check them out

Comment

Originally posted by Apoloymi View Post
                            1. You can AFK in corruption to get keys that is cluster in there on either of two times you enter.

2. The RM are Bound, just like they are with the ladder rewards. I know players that have alts that can solo up to level 85 in ladder, and they do solo ladder runs just for the shards to get the bound RM.

3. Alt abuse will happen no matter what is done, alt abuse has always been around with this game since it first started. There are players that have alt guilds for the Guild Food boss to farm ESD and Therions and they have 50+ in there.

4. Kill the players that are AFKing in there.... the protection does not work.
                            1) true
                            2) It doesn't matter that the RM is bound, trade over roe, use up the bound rm, trade back whatever runes you get. It might as well be unbound.
                            3) Corruption will happen no matter what is done ... yet there is no point in supporting it / encouraging it, is there?
                            4) This has already been stated, not the easiest thing to kill people ranging from 500 - 1mil attack and 200k - 1mil def.

Conclusion: This is still not intended behavior and should be treated as such - a bug.
                            To reach on the "alt abuse has always been there" - yes but it required effort. This on the other hand doesn't.

I don't mean to fire any shots but the reason you seem to be defending the bug abuse is most likely that you are one of the people running around there with the AFK protection over their head. If this is not the case and you only wanted to add to the discussion I am sorry for jumping to quick conclusions.

Comment

i actually ran around and did it all by hand, so really one should not jump to conclusions.

whether the RM are bound or not the abuse will still happen, and most will not bother putting an alt in there.

But if you are pointing out this bug, they you might as well point out the corruption afking too, or that fact that you can afk in iob, lg, seng etc

They could how ever split it up, in to two levels instead 50-119 and 120-150
                              APOLOYMI
                              MARRIED TO ♥♥♥♥ SHADOWGAMMADRACO ♥♥♥♥
                              LEVEL180 EIDOLON SHADOW ROGUE

GUILD: The Spartans
                              (S44)PSYCHODELICA
                              GEN3 KYUBI

Helpful Posts and Ideas that i have made, check them out

Comment

Originally posted by Apoloymi View Post
                                i actually ran around and did it all by hand, so really one should not jump to conclusions.

whether the RM are bound or not the abuse will still happen, and most will not bother putting an alt in there.

But if you are pointing out this bug, they you might as well point out the corruption afking too, or that fact that you can afk in iob, lg, seng etc

They could how ever split it up, in to two levels instead 50-119 and 120-150
                                That's why I said I am sorry if that's not the case...

The screenshot I posted with 4 ppl in one spot states otherwise (at that spot with 3 screen AFK you take all the mobs but 2 on the left I believe).

I was not here when any of those systems was implemented and didn't care to read up on how the problem was handled. I didn't know you could AFK in seng / lg, only knew about corr for keys. I am merely trying to solve the problem at hand.

Comment

Working...
                                X