Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

[Poll] Avernal Realm - AFK Mode Enabled or Disabled?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealWangLee
    replied
    TBH, the only people being affected by the use of afk are the 40-79 tier IMO, and that's mainly due to rogues, who will for the most part out Dps damn near all classes in that bracket. Even then, not allowing afk wont change that, due to the simple fact that a level 40, afk or not, will never out dps a level 79, i dont care what skill you claim to have. And as far as 80-100 goes, it basically comes down to their gear enchantment levels and soul level. Afk mode does not seperate in that tier either. As most should know, the player with the better overall upgrading done to their character is most likely gonna win as it is, not who mashes their buttons for 30 minutes in a better fashion.

Also, i would like to add that not having the use of afk for those lag(which i have to say, most likely is 85%+ of the community) will totally negate any attack speed soul upgrades they have done due to the MAJOR command lag inside the Arena. Try turning off afk while in battle in an island with 10+ people on it and running for a portal....it takes a good 7-10 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• dizy07
    replied
    This is just my opinion, whatever the outcome may be its ok. The afk is good it helps everyone, but without the afk people that made their characters OP have alot more damage then other players and can get to top place just by using 2-3 skills and get 500k dmg in only those hits and they get to the top with ease, if you remove the afk they will be force to use skills manually and wont make it easy for them and the other's with not that much damage will have a chance at the top places, they will have to use skills manually to but at least in this event will be for showing who is the best at using his skills other then just afk and doing dmg.

Leave a comment:

• Lolcatgirl
    replied
    We also need a poll on 'Land Grab - Revive on spot Enabled or Disabled'.

Many thanks.

Leave a comment:

• RealWangLee
    replied
    Im going to go back to what i have said numerous times in other threads that have Mod's replying in them....what the hell is your problem? Go take a look at some forums of other "so" called top online games. In no way will you see forum Moderators talking to their player base in the way CS Mod's do. I gotta be honest..it's utterly pathetic the tone and remarks some of you make. Im not quite sure of the compensation you get being a Mod, but you need earn whatever it is your getting a little better than constant flame replies.

Anyways, back to topic...from what i can see, it's mainly Mod's saying disable, and the consumer saying leave enabled...sounds odd to me, anyone else? Personally, i think all of you claiming higher dps without afk are full of it. Sure, that works PvP, of course it does. But as far as PvE, your on crack. At my character/soul/gear level, i pretty much annihilate everything outside of 49+ ladder, which in that case, afking is a MUST after the 1st 2 seconds. If you can honestly tell me right now you can get past round 45+ on ladder without afk...i want to see a video proving it. And yes, LAG is a HUGE issue inside Avernal, i dont care where your from, or what CPU your using. I have 39 d/l, 7.9 upload, and i lag like a mofo. Not to meantion im on a freshly merged server, which makes it hard at times to even fart, let alone PvP/PvE.

Anyways, my answer, enabled.

Leave a comment:

• kylina
    replied
    I vote to keep it enabled. What I vote to disable, however, is pets. Make it about char strength, not who has the money to buy a gen 5 DK that has more patk than most chars do. Plus, mad magic and drag if under the right conditions can have a char auto run over the portals and teleport off the island they're fighting on.

Leave a comment:

• shinigami_kun
    replied
    If afk mode is disabled in Avernal, it would mean 30 minutes of boring manual attacking, wouldn't want that o.o

Leave a comment:

• squatog
    replied
    dont want afk to be removed just yet for the lag is killing me!

Leave a comment:

• StriderWaR
    replied
    yeah keeping afk there makes it easier to manage what you do in there. spamming keys for 30 min is brutal. I did it for the first 10 min before i realized we could use afk mode in there, and even doing it for that long was annoying.

Leave a comment:

• Smithy84
    replied
    leave afk it makes it easier due to the lag but the monsters need to respawn quicker and if u are lucky enough to get buffs from a priest b4 u enter u shouldnt lose them even if u die

Leave a comment:

• Hei-S2
    replied
    wow ur gonna spam ur button for 30min???
    its not like seng,u die and u come back..
    30min of sitting like robot and spam ur keyboard,hell no.
    enable it,ppl who working or family can get rewards too like that

Leave a comment:

• mumantay
    replied
    don't removed the afk system inside avernal . its hard to manual mode within 30mins

Leave a comment:

• andrewj
    replied
    i would like it if you made it so ice mages couldnt use black hole to the portal so melee get thrown through portals i did avernal and normally get within top 7 i go 1 day and dont even make the board cause rangers and mages are throwing it passed the portal and keeping it there as to the afk i think to keep it cause there is so much lag i click my skills and it doesnt even go off untill a few seconds later
    Last edited by andrewj; 06-27-2012, 02:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ushdugery
    replied
    If most of your players complain about lag, and all you can reply to it is get a better computer, your game is going to die out soon, so they're obviously going to leave afk mode in avernal, and your drawn out arguments for removing it are pointless.

Leave a comment:

• ShadowGammaDraco
    replied
    Originally posted by R2288716 View Post
    And how about you get a life! Not everyone here is made of money and/or Black/Jewish/Phillipeno or any other form of rich stereotype race player to afford the best in high tech gear. A lot of us on the S1-S3 servers all live in America.
    hmm. this posts is seething w animosity and racism. i have a black brother. i'm not rich. neither is he, we actually live right at poverty level. business taxes and living expenses are some of the highest where i live in the entire country-my job was outsourced because of it sending 500 jobs overseas, they did a study saying you have to make at least 11$ an hr to live semi above poverty level. jobs here only pay 8-9$ a hr.w taxes that prob 7$, then they take out taxes for medicare=even less. not everyone is rich. my sister plays and she takes care of her kids yet still has enough motivation to earn good gear and pay VIP here and there. how about you quit stereotyping ppl? get off your *** and do something, color of ones skin doesn't mean a damn thing & i don't wanna hear you bring this up again in any shape or form. i have awesome gear lv 84 scion. and i'm mostly a free player besides a few purchases of VIP. most my time in CS has been spent outside of VIP benefits and i worked blood sweat and tears to get where i'm at. and guess what . i live in America too.
    if anything all your post did was say to me in my opinion
    " we white Americans are hateful racist ppl, because we killed the Indians to get their land&now they got most of it back, enslaved the blacks to have a work force&now they got all the jobs+$, and shoulda let the jewish ppl die when hitler invaded.& had the Philippine–American War &now some of them have got more money then us *** that isn't right, u need to get a life because i'm a lazy hateful person. Git-R-dun" <--that logic right there disgusts me. grow up dude. my hightech redneck grandpa who fought in the wars would smack you silly for saying something like that. he started out working in oil fields then went to work for AMD. only person holding you back is . you.

~back to topic. i still vote disable afk because you can put any skill in default attack in skill window and it will spam it like afk and you'll only have to hit 3 more buttons then usual besides a couple other attacks to complete your combo's. and yes i get 2x more dmg points because i attack at right time w right attacks. pull two mobs close, balrogs hell, flame explosion meteor valley of death fire wave balrogs hell flame explosion. =just hit both mobs at same time for same dmg as woulda boss, except boss is only one target mobs 2vs 1. then also fighting boss i can catch up to ppl who are 5 lvl higher and had 1 mil more dmg point then me, and they do more dmg then me normally.. if i activate afk while mobs are distanced i only target one mob & kill it w aoes in effect wasting 10x more mana and time.or the afk window jams my commands and fails my combos
    Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 06-26-2012, 07:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JadedOblivion
    replied
    I say it's fine the way it is and there is a lot of lag so allowing afk allows points to rack up as you lag rather than relying on a delayed key responce.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X