[guide]Exelorn Hollows solo guide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [guide]Exelorn Hollows solo guide

Hey guys, this guide will work for normal, hard and nightmare mode exelorn hollows dungeon. difference between them and which ones you can do all depends on your damage, ability to withstand hits and most importantly attacking speed when using the vampire buff off the totem. high attack speed = much more efficient healing. Also, have at least gold slayer armor set when attempting this dungeon, recommended purples with at least +7 enchantment. Last Thing...bring at least 200 of your best healing potions and around 500 pet healing potions. -edit- try to make superior frag I at least, the frost buff will help greatly here when using the vampire buff

The Map:

This map will be used for the entire guide, the numbers will be followed and listed for reference in this guide, they do not always follow in order it is just for quick reference for those who do not know the boss names off the top of their head/never been in this dungeon before.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	exelorn numbered.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1731788

Normal/Hard:
    The guides for these are pretty much the same.

step 1: start in the corner with yellow 1(Steadfastness), this is where you get a buff that will make all negative buffs useless on you. it needed for the first portion of the dungeon run.

step 2: after breaking the totem, run to yellow 2 (Truth), break the totem then run to yellow 3(Drive) and break that totem. yellow 2 (Truth) will give you a rebound that deals majority of your damage to these bosses and yellow 3 (Drive) will recover large amounts of health as you attack. never use cast speed skills.

step 3: run to red 1 (Lust) and kill the boss, then run to red 2 (Gluttony) then kill the boss, then to 3 (Envy) then to 4(Wrath). your buffs should run out shortly after you have killed boss number 4 (Wrath) (Note: boss 4 (Wrath) requires at least 30 seconds when you ARRIVE to him which you should have plenty of time left. if you have less than 30 seconds and you aren't a tank with at least 5k defense and 30% damage reduct, do not try to solo kill even past 1/4 hp left on him as he will hit hard and you will most likely die or waste like 5 orbs, lack of time to kill proceed to step 4 after boss 3(Envy)). Whatever you do...NEVER use a CHARM pet or STUNS unless you can deal over 30k crits majority of the time...in this dungeon time is your biggest enemy. the rebound buff deals over 60k damage to most bosses when the bosses hit you, and the buff number 3(Drive) will keep your hp healed over half majority of the time. remember to never use cast speed skills or your healing will be alot lower and you might need orbs.

Step 4: grab buff number 4(Perseverance) then proceed to boss number 5(Greed). open afk mode and solo until it is dead, you can stun and charm here to help aid your healing. this boss is relatively easy and you will need an orb or two if you can't out heal damage.

Step 5: run to buffs 3 (Drive) and 2(Truth), breaking each quickly (reason for soloing boss 5 is because these take like 4-5 mins after the buffs expire to respawn these buff totems and usually when he dies the totems are back) and then proceed to boss 6 (Sloth) and be prepared for a fight that will last a few mins...NEVER use cast speed here because he will reflect 5% max hp damage to you every hit you make, but you will outheal this damage and damaging the fastest you can is key to killing him through his hp regen rest, which KNIGHTS CAN REMOVE WITH RECKONING. have orbs on just in case...this fight should take approx 3 mins. (Note: if you failed to kill boss 4 (Wrath) in step 3, proceed to killing him now then do step 6)

step 6: proceed to boss 7 (Pride) and kill like you did the other bosses. note to magic users, this boss is immune to magic often....you will require some patience to kill, the rebound will work its effects. if your dps is over 30k damage majority of the time i strongly recommend a stun 10 seconds after magic immunity is off and use a charm pet before your stun expires to deal some fast damage....if you can't do it i understand...6 out of 7 bosses isn't bad though. Also the buff 4 (perseverance) is not needed here, but it could help. grab it only if you have enough time. need at least 1 min 30 seconds on the rebound buff for boss 7 (Pride).

Some things to point out:

fire lord pets will help greatly here. i recommend getting one for their hp burning 3% max hp per tick time. normal is alot easier than hard. hard should take 10-15 mins max to complete using this guide. i've tried various combinations in boss orders and this one was usually the most successful with a little room for mistakes or lag time if your connection is bad. Priests will have a harder time here with damage than other classes, but a firelord would help pick up on the lack of dps and allow the time for this guide to work. you should be able to at least get through bosses 1-3 the first buff time, and should have room for 6,4,7 on the second rebuffing regardless of pets used (tested on knight and mage). Also, try to have as high move speed here as you can....remember time is your enemy

Nightmare mode:
    In my experience, proceed the same as hard/normal, but make sure to pick up buff 4 before taking on boss 4 if you aren't a knight with good defense. my mage testing couldn't solo the last boss, and the priest died on boss 4 (Wrath) regardless of my methods to do it (mage suffered but dps enough to kill before death). Nightmare is extremely hard and unless your stats are super and you have hellwing/very good soul development, stick to hard or do this one duo with a knight. nightmare will take closer to 20 minutes to complete if you solo since boss 6 can take up to 5 mins to kill...completely devouring the buffs.
    Last edited by Sidoh; 07-08-2012, 07:52 PM. Reason: added info i forgot, added stuff on request
    Crystal Saga:
    Server: Aquatic Crypts
    Name: (S15)Sidoh
    Class: Knight
    Plane: Eidolon
    Level: 100

Lunaria:
    Server:Server: S87 Key Grove and S58 Drays Keep
    Name: [S87]Kenshin/[S58]SweetnSour
    Class: Swordman/Elementalist
    Level: 5x/6x

nice guide flirt i can't wait to be level 85 T_T
    IGN: Missy
    Class: Priest
    Server: (S15)/Aquatic Crypts

thank u R2 for letting me have my character back..

Comment

Nice guide indeed. I haven't had the time or the patience to find the best combo and order. I did figure out bosses die faster with the fire lord than with the DK, though I didn't know why until you pointed out that stunned bosses don't hit you, therefore no rebound damage would be done, hence taking longer to kill.

Got through the first 5 bosses on hard using your method and had to wait 2 minutes for the first three totems to respawn. Last 2 bosses took a total of 3 minutes, making it a 10 minute run instead of a 15+ minute run. Thank you for sharing this
      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

When you say 'don't cast speed skills' what do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
          Nice guide indeed. I haven't had the time or the patience to find the best combo and order. I did figure out bosses die faster with the fire lord than with the DK, though I didn't know why until you pointed out that stunned bosses don't hit you, therefore no rebound damage would be done, hence taking longer to kill.

Got through the first 5 bosses on hard using your method and had to wait 2 minutes for the first three totems to respawn. Last 2 bosses took a total of 3 minutes, making it a 10 minute run instead of a 15+ minute run. Thank you for sharing this
          Glad the guide helped a bit. my dps is kinda low ~7k normal to 9k with a priest buff. buffs help but i didn't really need them much to run in this method so normally i don't even bother asking my soon to be ingame wife to buff me after 2-3 runs. glad you managed to get through sloth so quickly, he usually takes me like 2 and a half to 3 mins then 1 min on the last boss...but then again my attack speed reducing skill for pvp/other boss/dungeon makes a hell of a difference because slower attack speed = less rebound...best i can do is try to +13 my sword and ring to make up for lost damage. ugh...yesterday i used 112 major enchants i was saving...started at +7 went up +8 then it kept jumping between +6 and +7 until i ran out...ending back at +7 :/

Originally posted by Kodabear82388 View Post
          When you say 'don't cast speed skills' what do you mean?
          because skills that require the use of cast speed (unless its priest healing) will result in the vampire effect of drive to not work as effectively and these bosses do hit hard. unless you have insane dps (maybe 12k+ matk mage) i wouldn't recommend risking your death because you couldn't make use of the vampire effects to heal yourself. you are welcome to run the dungeon in your own way, this is just the way i found to be easiest for me at least until i decide to try another combination. i used to do this were i'd grab the buffs and start with sloth, but sometimes killing him isn't reliable on time and i ended up getting buffed 3 times instead of 2 because i wasn't moving efficiently. give it a shot, if you find a better method then by all means let me know, i'll try it out and if it really is better then i'll add your acknowledgement here and modify my guide a bit.
          Crystal Saga:

Lunaria:

Comment

My nightmare team consists of myself and a Ranger. It seems like an odd pairing considering armor and all, but we seem to be doing alright.
            Last edited by Alexmancer; 06-23-2012, 02:22 PM.
            â™”
            Vampire Prince
            • Server: Aurora Point
            • Character: Alexmancerx
            • Class: Priest (Blood/Hybrid)
            • Level: Eidolon 120
            • Guild: TheWanted
            • Pet: Dark Reaper (currently breeding ftw!)

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmancer View Post
              My nightmare team consists of myself and a Ranger. It seems like an odd pairing considering armor and all, but we seem to be doing alright.
              very nice. i duoed with a mage friend of mine once...soloed once...and hard mode really hit me as best since i'm not even going for the new epic armor sets....their cost-benefit just makes keeping and maxing my slayers the best choice for me. as for majors, i usually get 4-5 per run...usually up to 40 for 8 vip runs. just sucks that i've used around 200 so far and not one +13 T_T
              Crystal Saga:

Lunaria:

Comment

All my armor is at +9, and I can easily solo hard mode, NM, I need my ranger for though.
                â™”
                Vampire Prince

Comment

very nice...all mine is still +7. i've been jumping between +7 and +6 for nearly all my stuff :/ its rather annoying
                  Crystal Saga:

Lunaria:

Comment

thanks for the awesome guide was having some troubles but not anymore. seems so much easier now. thanks again

Comment

Thanks for this cool guide!

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Joey View Post
                        Thanks for this cool guide!
                        that odd tingly feeling when a staff member thinks the guide is nice...i'm sure it's not just a heart attack :P
                        Crystal Saga:

Lunaria:

Comment

Originally posted by Sidoh View Post
                          very nice...all mine is still +7. i've been jumping between +7 and +6 for nearly all my stuff :/ its rather annoying
                          I hate when that happens. But great thing about this dungeon, you can get Majors and use those for upgrades. ^^
                          â™”
                          Vampire Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmancer View Post
                            I hate when that happens. But great thing about this dungeon, you can get Majors and use those for upgrades. ^^
                            exactly what i am doing is selling some..waiting till i reach 250...then blow them all on my stuff XD they don't sell well in my server...so i might make a few Gs while my stock builds up. so in the end its win-win.
                            Crystal Saga:

Lunaria:

Comment

My friends burning angel hits 32k (it's +13 for your information ) and his teeka 28k , can solo psycodelica nightmare... I'm not sure if he's not lying. My super angel hits about it 10k +13 again at lvl 80.

Game :Wartune
                              IGN: Palpablesage
                              Class: Mage
                              Level: 19
                              Game: Wartune
                              IGN: MrNemesis
                              Level:18+

Comment

Working...
                              X