X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidoh
    started a topic [guide]Exelorn Hollows solo guide

[guide]Exelorn Hollows solo guide

Hey guys, this guide will work for normal, hard and nightmare mode exelorn hollows dungeon. difference between them and which ones you can do all depends on your damage, ability to withstand hits and most importantly attacking speed when using the vampire buff off the totem. high attack speed = much more efficient healing. Also, have at least gold slayer armor set when attempting this dungeon, recommended purples with at least +7 enchantment. Last Thing...bring at least 200 of your best healing potions and around 500 pet healing potions. -edit- try to make superior frag I at least, the frost buff will help greatly here when using the vampire buff

The Map:

This map will be used for the entire guide, the numbers will be followed and listed for reference in this guide, they do not always follow in order it is just for quick reference for those who do not know the boss names off the top of their head/never been in this dungeon before.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	exelorn numbered.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1731788

Normal/Hard:
    The guides for these are pretty much the same.

step 1: start in the corner with yellow 1(Steadfastness), this is where you get a buff that will make all negative buffs useless on you. it needed for the first portion of the dungeon run.

step 2: after breaking the totem, run to yellow 2 (Truth), break the totem then run to yellow 3(Drive) and break that totem. yellow 2 (Truth) will give you a rebound that deals majority of your damage to these bosses and yellow 3 (Drive) will recover large amounts of health as you attack. never use cast speed skills.

step 3: run to red 1 (Lust) and kill the boss, then run to red 2 (Gluttony) then kill the boss, then to 3 (Envy) then to 4(Wrath). your buffs should run out shortly after you have killed boss number 4 (Wrath) (Note: boss 4 (Wrath) requires at least 30 seconds when you ARRIVE to him which you should have plenty of time left. if you have less than 30 seconds and you aren't a tank with at least 5k defense and 30% damage reduct, do not try to solo kill even past 1/4 hp left on him as he will hit hard and you will most likely die or waste like 5 orbs, lack of time to kill proceed to step 4 after boss 3(Envy)). Whatever you do...NEVER use a CHARM pet or STUNS unless you can deal over 30k crits majority of the time...in this dungeon time is your biggest enemy. the rebound buff deals over 60k damage to most bosses when the bosses hit you, and the buff number 3(Drive) will keep your hp healed over half majority of the time. remember to never use cast speed skills or your healing will be alot lower and you might need orbs.

Step 4: grab buff number 4(Perseverance) then proceed to boss number 5(Greed). open afk mode and solo until it is dead, you can stun and charm here to help aid your healing. this boss is relatively easy and you will need an orb or two if you can't out heal damage.

Step 5: run to buffs 3 (Drive) and 2(Truth), breaking each quickly (reason for soloing boss 5 is because these take like 4-5 mins after the buffs expire to respawn these buff totems and usually when he dies the totems are back) and then proceed to boss 6 (Sloth) and be prepared for a fight that will last a few mins...NEVER use cast speed here because he will reflect 5% max hp damage to you every hit you make, but you will outheal this damage and damaging the fastest you can is key to killing him through his hp regen rest, which KNIGHTS CAN REMOVE WITH RECKONING. have orbs on just in case...this fight should take approx 3 mins. (Note: if you failed to kill boss 4 (Wrath) in step 3, proceed to killing him now then do step 6)

step 6: proceed to boss 7 (Pride) and kill like you did the other bosses. note to magic users, this boss is immune to magic often....you will require some patience to kill, the rebound will work its effects. if your dps is over 30k damage majority of the time i strongly recommend a stun 10 seconds after magic immunity is off and use a charm pet before your stun expires to deal some fast damage....if you can't do it i understand...6 out of 7 bosses isn't bad though. Also the buff 4 (perseverance) is not needed here, but it could help. grab it only if you have enough time. need at least 1 min 30 seconds on the rebound buff for boss 7 (Pride).

Some things to point out:

fire lord pets will help greatly here. i recommend getting one for their hp burning 3% max hp per tick time. normal is alot easier than hard. hard should take 10-15 mins max to complete using this guide. i've tried various combinations in boss orders and this one was usually the most successful with a little room for mistakes or lag time if your connection is bad. Priests will have a harder time here with damage than other classes, but a firelord would help pick up on the lack of dps and allow the time for this guide to work. you should be able to at least get through bosses 1-3 the first buff time, and should have room for 6,4,7 on the second rebuffing regardless of pets used (tested on knight and mage). Also, try to have as high move speed here as you can....remember time is your enemy

Nightmare mode:
    In my experience, proceed the same as hard/normal, but make sure to pick up buff 4 before taking on boss 4 if you aren't a knight with good defense. my mage testing couldn't solo the last boss, and the priest died on boss 4 (Wrath) regardless of my methods to do it (mage suffered but dps enough to kill before death). Nightmare is extremely hard and unless your stats are super and you have hellwing/very good soul development, stick to hard or do this one duo with a knight. nightmare will take closer to 20 minutes to complete if you solo since boss 6 can take up to 5 mins to kill...completely devouring the buffs.
    Last edited by Sidoh; 07-08-2012, 07:52 PM. Reason: added info i forgot, added stuff on request

• nomias
    replied
    but the vampire co efficient says it will give 5% of damage dealt i guess

Leave a comment:

• nomias
    replied
    guys i need a bit of attension here,which works better?
    1.Seiryu Beast Souls Vampire skill,or
    2.Drive buffs vampire coefficient?
    thanks for ur wise post and comments

Leave a comment:

• richmond831
    replied
    Followed this guide and worked good since I'm only doing hard solo (Currently level 85 Eid Mage). My Pdef is 3006 and Mdef around 4505 With Mattack ranging from 20~24k and 41% crit and using 1st gen Burning Angel for extra heal . Not sure If I could do NM for now ahaha

Leave a comment:

• xPrototypeT
    replied
    step 2: after breaking the totem, run to yellow 2 (Truth), break the totem then run to yellow 3(Drive) and break that totem. yellow 2 (Truth) will give you a rebound that deals majority of your damage to these bosses and yellow 3 (Drive) will recover large amounts of health as you attack. never use cast speed skills.

Never use cast speed skills eh? Holy Priest ftw

Leave a comment:

• skullmonkey
    replied
    i'm a holy hybrid priest with blood attack skills level 85 scion with 10k matk and 7.3k pdef 5k+ mdef. i was trying this guide in hard solo and it works for bosses 1-4 but it took too much time to kill greed (boss #5) took 4-5minutes exactly when the 4th buff is gone. any ideas how to make it faster? also even if i am not using charm pets my truth and drive not enough to kill last boss. always run out at 5-10% hp left on boss. help me please.

Leave a comment:

• NewtLord
    replied
    Just wondering.... is it possible to solo exelorn hard or nightmare without getting any totems?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• theifkid
    replied
    nice guide thanks!

Leave a comment:

• dmark
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	my exelorn hollow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	797.4 KB
ID:	1662769

I'm a ROGUE SCION 85 when i did my own order try this to anyone who likesto try it...
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• plspunchme
    replied
    Thank you for the guide. XD

Leave a comment:

• magmadude
    replied
    This guide is not complete.
    I have mortal knight and mortal scions.
    I tried this with them.
    U need to try this dungeon with different classes.
    Like in knight, if i go to greed with preservence, takes me 4minutes and 3HO to kill... and if i kill it with the other 3 buffs and then go the way u told, its a hell lot easier... greed died in only 25seconds.

Leave a comment:

• R22280434
    replied
    I’m confused where to distribute the stats in my firelord..It says it is a balanced pet, both magic and physical. Would that mean I’ll assign them to int and str? Or just focus to one attribute whether int or str?

Leave a comment:

• Monophobia
    replied
    Originally posted by Sidoh View Post
    your method works well for someone who is mdef focused. mine takes into account that the 50% defense buff can be used on greed to reduce damage and also works well for pdef focus. you run is identical to mine only switching 2 of the bosses. this guide works well for those who are first timers in exelorns, much like myself when i first made it because so many people were confused what to do in my server. I actually have a different method for doing this dungeon on nm level in under 9 mins, but it requires taking advantage of the knight's vampire skill for the scion retribution side. whatever works for you and your input can help others as well. thanks for the constructive thoughts.
    Thanks for your guide too, your guide is actually the method I used when I first entered Exelorn, then continued experimenting to see which ways would be faster for me. Hybrid Anti-mage ranger is what I'm using.

Leave a comment:

• Sidoh
    replied
    Originally posted by Monophobia View Post
    For me, I run my Exelorns with the first 2 buffs, the Heal and Rebound ones and kill Gluttony, Envy, Wrath and Greed, by the time I finish Greed the 2 buffs should be out already. I, then take Steadfastness and kill Lust, by the time I kill Lust the first 2 buffs have already re-spawned, I grab them and kill Sloth then Pride, (i dont take the +50% def buff one).
    your method works well for someone who is mdef focused. mine takes into account that the 50% defense buff can be used on greed to reduce damage and also works well for pdef focus. you run is identical to mine only switching 2 of the bosses. this guide works well for those who are first timers in exelorns, much like myself when i first made it because so many people were confused what to do in my server. I actually have a different method for doing this dungeon on nm level in under 9 mins, but it requires taking advantage of the knight's vampire skill for the scion retribution side. whatever works for you and your input can help others as well. thanks for the constructive thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• miss_missy
    replied
    post on wrong account >.>

Leave a comment:

Working...
X