This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to fix rigged iob

People everywhere now are using their little tricks to get around being teleported out of iob, keeping their toons logged in until reset, and turning in 120 rainstones for the next day. Now most people would ask, "Why do you complain about that?" The answer is rather simple. People need other items from other packs, everything from Health Orbs to Soul Shards and all that lies in between. Sadly 90% of players on the server dont understand that they will become much stronger by upgrading their mount/pixie/soul instead of their wings. The wing system is put in place for the game to generate cash flow off stupid people that are obsessed with having same looking pink wings. Upgrading your wings barely gives you a stat boost compared to nay of the other options, and for me as of now it takes me about 450-500 ew per upgrade which only raises my patk and matk by about 60 points.

The point behind this thread is to have the devs fix the issue so that players can get items from other packs. i'd much rather have a normal day in IOB where we fight over rainstones and have to turn them in in order to reach purple packs so that the 10% of us players with a brain can actually get useful items. If the idiots behind this incident were more considerate of players on their server and not so selfish (and did i mention stupid) then everybody would get a couple of items they need and want to properly develop their character. This is ruining not only the event, but the game itself. Players shouldnt be allowed to decide what items the entire server can or cant have. That was originally left up to the developers and should stay that way.

So i know R2 wants screenshots, and im not going to go out of my way and do extra work when they can simply just send a gm on to a server and put them in iob to see for themselves that both teams are starting off with purple packs, totaling 11 purple packs per day, per toon. Sounds great at first, but not when u have to sacrifice all the other items you need along the way. So now i will tell you how its done, and offer a few solutions to fix it. Pretty sure nobody will like the solutions, but you can thank the idiots that ruin the game for that.

Now i offer 2 simple solutions. The first one is something i think should be done every day anyway, to get rid of the alts that people just leave sitting in Starglade after the event is over, causing more lag for most players than they should. KICK EVERYBODY off the server 15 minutes after IOB closes. This gives time for people to trade their items to their main toon, then it kicks off all the alts that overcrowd the Cragstone portal every day on L1-L5, and also kicks the alts out of IOB that are ruining the game for everybody.

The second solution is to change how long rainstones can be held on to. They expire atfer 3 hours, but if they change that to be something more like 10 minutes, then it will ensure that people will get packs of every color in IOB, they wont be skipping from blue to yellow anymore. This also prevents people from being able to stay in IOB after its closed and collect 120 rainstones to turn in after reset because once they leave to turn in the stones that they have, they wont be able to get back to the resource area. (why do rainstones expire after 3 hours when the event is only 1 hour long anyway, ill never know).

I know lots of people will probably be mad at me for posting this on forum , but i really dont care. its gone too far and it needs to be fixed asap. If R2 is going to be so stubborn as to continue to insist they need screenshots as back up, i will provide them if it will help get a quick and satisfactory solution to this issue. Have a blessed day
    Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 01-26-2014, 12:31 AM. Reason: language and exploit tos break

Originally posted by NotoriousInfamy View Post
    KICK EVERYBODY off the server 15 minutes after IOB closes. This gives time for people to trade their items to their main toon, then it kicks off all the alts that overcrowd the Cragstone portal every day on L1-L5, and also kicks the alts out of IOB that are ruining the game for everybody.
    Reasonable thread, however I can't agree with this particular section. A server-wide kick would greatly inconvenience players who rush their dailies and/or leave their toons grinding for orders, for example. Not everyone attends IOB, and to kick -everyone- would be unfair. Some of us leave our toons grinding to pick up level cap orders for hours on end and how great would it be to come back and notice that our toon was kicked simply because of IOB. I've seen countless players proceed to do ladder, bath, dungeons, etc. after IOB and to just give them a swift kick in the butt leaves their attempt wasted. No reason all of us should receive the consequences of players leaving their hoards of alts chilling in SG. I agree it causes lag and is an eyesore, but a server kick just won't do.

Comment

well thats only 1 of 2 solutions that i decided to share. im not suggesting that we have both suggestions implemented, 1 will suffice. im sure there are other solutions as well, and i believe that my 2nd solution works best. make rainstones expire after 10 minutes. problem solved. im so fed up with this nonsense that id really love an emergency maintenance to fix this. i dont care at all how long the maintenance would take.
      Last edited by NotoriousInfamy; 01-21-2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

i doubt any players would support this thread as it will make them lose their precious EW, but i really do hope the gm/devs see this and make it a priority to fix.

Comment

I mean, they didn't really get to fixing the fact that IOB closes at 12:09, so. XD

Comment

yeah but thats not really a big deal. only a couple ppl miss out on iob bcuz of it. but in this scenario everybody misses out in items that they need, except ew/sp.

Comment

back to farming gmuts the old fashioned way i guess.

Comment

funny how mods/gms wont even comment on this.

Comment

yoohoo we want feedback

Comment

when somebody take the advantage..most peeps wouldn't agreed

Comment

nah the problem is that the ppl collecting stones and turning them in are ignorant towards other players needs and they wont go for anything but purple. they dont realize how futile it is to try to get stronger by upgrading wings when it takes like 18* per upgrade when u reach demon lord wings, and those upgrades barely give any boost at all. upgrading mounts and soul would give amuch better boost than that but they cant seem to grasp that concept. also ppl want orbs frc exp token eso etc from other packs and they can no longer obtain them from iob because of these people. the point of iob isnt to get ew, its to get a variety of needed items free, daily. thats has been ruined, sadly. and they also are forgetting aboutthe amount of unbound gmuts that will be floating around from all those alts that get gorilla titan, and even gryphon etc later on down the road. those can be traded off for dragon crystal and many other items desired by players with ease.
                      Last edited by lcrooks88; 01-22-2014, 09:07 PM.

Comment

How stupidity are u complaining about the iob... If u don't have alt then I think u should try to make some more alts to go iob... Alt ftw... Must love those alt to make u getting stronger... Doesn't matter if u have strong set and strong stats but u suck at pvp u ain't ****...
                        IGN: (S32)GaLon
                        Class: Noob Priest
                        Pet: Too many that i cant count
                        Guild: FTW (aka Pervy guild)
                        Love Oyster if you know what i mean

Comment

i really hope someone else sees the lack of intelligence. youre all ruining the game for smart players that know how to build a character. once again, r2 loves you (unintelligent) people that are obsessed with wings. my uncle is vice president of a company that owns a browser based mmo, and though he wont tell me much about anything for my own good, he will admit that companies love people like you that are obsessed with insignificant things that provide no benefit for your character but lots of money for the company. i know people are naturally stupid and sadly there is no cure for that.

Comment

on second thought i ask that r2 do nothing about this. pls allow me to take advantage of these people to obtain what i need by using their obsession for useless items to better my character.

Comment

sprry this thread is more important bump bump bump, bump bump it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X