Blood Beam or Light Beam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Beam or Light Beam?

So to all the priests out there, who uses blood beam and who uses light beam?

Do the poll first then read the rest xD

Well, I've gotten bored enough to do some maths, so lets hope I can convince you guys that Blood Beam is wayyyy better than lightbeam. (NOTE: this is based on monsters with no DEF at all, but it will be the same results if the monster has def, just less dmg with each hit)

So...
    Lightbeam at lvl 1:
    44% MATK
    53% heal dmg
    20 bonus dmg

Bloodbeam at lvl 1:
    80% MATK
    4% HP
    18 bonus dmg

(BUT you can cast 2 Bloodbeams in the same time as casting 1 Lightbeam) SOOO:
    Bloodbeam: 160% MATK
    8% HP
    36 bonus dmg

because 20 and 36 dmg is just tiny... the 8% HP dmg is small as well, so we will forget about them (just being lazy and making the maths easier)
    160% - 44% = 116% < that means there is 116% more dmg in the MATK for blood then light
    that would mean that the 53% the heal dmg does would have to equal to 116% dmg in MATK
    116% / 53% ≈ 2
    That means your heals must be DOUBLE your MATK to make bloodbeam and lightbeam dmg the same in the same cast time given.

Lets take an example from Watanoob (yeah it's a real player's stats):
    HP: 102158
    MATK: 16316
    Heals: 15376

Lightbeam dmg: 44% x 16316 + 53% x 15376 = 15328.32
    Bloodbeam dmg: 160% x 16316 = 26105.6
    (NOTE: extra HP dmg and bonus dmg almost equal, so I didn't add them in, but they might make a little difference)

so in conclusion (in case you are lazy and can't be bothered with the maths):
    Bloodbeam is better then Lightbeam. The ONLY time Lightbeam is better then Bloodbeam is *if* your heals are more then DOUBLE your matk. (in which I haven't seen anyone with that many heals in comparison to their matk yet)

Any comments?
    Bloodbeam
    62.22%
    Lightbeam
    37.78%
    Last edited by Chelsia; 06-25-2012, 08:18 PM.
    If I post something really weird that makes no sense whatsoever it means I'm not mentally there at the time I post it (probably sleep deprived)

Character: (S31)Kiesha
    Server: Tree of Life
    Plane: Eidolon
    Class: Hybrid Priest
    Guild: Harmless

Light Beam hits hard but has casting time, Blood Beam has no casting time, but hits average. I prefer getting both :B
    Server: Shrine of Kithara (Merged with Lycanmarsh, Celestial Peaks, Celestial Palace, The Void, Angel Island, and Tyria Village)
    Character: Miek
    Pet: Burning Angel<3
    Level: 86 Scion

Comment

silly Keisha, I already told you that you're wrong. Light Beam all the wayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

bahahahaha
      IGN: WeaponX
      Station: Hybrid Priest
      LV: 55 Scion
      Guild: Adrenaline
      Spouse: N/A

Comment

Althoguh i am not a priest favorite. I choose light beam because i like it on my alt that gives me buffs for vault nm...

Comment

@ Sakura`Kinomoto : Light beam hits hard yes, but we are talking overall dmg here. Bloodbeam hits less if you say *1 hit* but it hits more Overall (cause of cast time)

@ Plato : give me a reason for why I am wrong ^_^ (you need to go back and read my evidence bro)

@ lights022 : You can have Buffs + Blood tree skills at the same time ...
          Last edited by Chelsia; 06-25-2012, 09:48 PM.
          If I post something really weird that makes no sense whatsoever it means I'm not mentally there at the time I post it (probably sleep deprived)

Comment

WeaponX is good, WeaponX is wise. I don't make mistakes.

Alright, I'll take your word for it. Overall Blood Beam hits for more damage, but Light Beam hits harder per hit.

Comment

Hmm interesting this might make me go with Blood Beam again, been testing pretty much everything different but so far I have stayed with Light Beam cus lets face it Blood Beam's looks just lame and Light Beam crits in seng are awesome.. After doing some recalculating I found out tho that with Blood Beam x2 I would hit like 7k more than with one Light Beam.. So yeah Blood Beam it is if something will be done to its lousy outlooks.
              Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

*evil eyes* weapon....
                Harder per hit is no use when you can get more with the overall time. *not to mention if you are casting light beam... STUN... BAMN* Then you wake up somewhere in Space =P

Comment

That's why you curse them first silly, to give you time to get your Light Beam off. xD

Comment

may I remind you of soul Numbness.... meaning mages, priests and rangers can all stun... not to mention bosses, rogues and knights... >.<

Comment

numbness benefits isnt something that happens every hit so why was it brought up?

Comment

You really should take the HP into account. If you have very high HP, it gives you a really nice bonus to your Blood Beam damage.

My hp is over 100k, so think about the extra damage involved when a blood/hybrid priest has that much HP added to their overall damage. That's a pretty good amount. By your math at that point, could be hitting 30k.
                        Last edited by Alexmancer; 06-26-2012, 01:47 PM.
                        â™”
                        Vampire Prince
                        • Server: Aurora Point
                        • Character: Alexmancerx
                        • Class: Priest (Blood/Hybrid)
                        • Level: Eidolon 120
                        • Guild: TheWanted
                        • Pet: Dark Reaper (currently breeding ftw!)

Comment

@Jump: it is sometimes beneficial, I know some people who are really lucky and stuns all the time

@Alex: maybe, but considering the majority of priests have only 2k-5k HP, it really isn't much =S

Comment

Yeah, I suppose when your HP is that low, it really doesn't matter xD
                            â™”
                            Vampire Prince
                            • Server: Aurora Point
                            • Character: Alexmancerx
                            • Class: Priest (Blood/Hybrid)
                            • Level: Eidolon 120
                            • Guild: TheWanted
                            • Pet: Dark Reaper (currently breeding ftw!)

Comment

Originally posted by Chelsia View Post
                              So to all the priests out there, who uses blood beam and who uses light beam?

Do the poll first then read the rest xD

Well, I've gotten bored enough to do some maths, so lets hope I can convince you guys that Blood Beam is wayyyy better than lightbeam. (NOTE: this is based on monsters with no DEF at all, but it will be the same results if the monster has def, just less dmg with each hit)

So...
                              Lightbeam at lvl 1:
                              44% MATK
                              53% heal dmg
                              20 bonus dmg

Bloodbeam at lvl 1:
                              80% MATK
                              4% HP
                              18 bonus dmg

(BUT you can cast 2 Bloodbeams in the same time as casting 1 Lightbeam) SOOO:
                              Bloodbeam: 160% MATK
                              8% HP
                              36 bonus dmg
                              You are a bit wrong up there chelsia, read the skills' descriptions carefully, you will see that Light Beam is "Attack bonus" while Blood Beam is "Attack ratio", that means:

Light beam at lvl 1 = 144% matk + 53% heal
                              Blood beam at lvl 1 = 80% matk + 4% current hp

Light beam at lvl 5 = 161% matk + 59% heal
                              Blood beam at lvl 5 = 80% matk + 4.4% current hp
                              (I'm ignoring the fixed bonus from both skills)

So,let's take an example from Watanoob like you did:
                              HP: 102158
                              MATK: 16316
                              Heals: 15376

Light beam at lvl 1 = 144% * 16316 + 53% * 15376 = 31644
                              Blood beam at lvl 1 (assuming full hp) = 80% * 16316 + 4% * 102158 = 17139

Light beam at lvl 5 = 161% * 16316 + 59% * 15376 = 35341
                              Blood beam at lvl 5 (assuming full hp) = 80% * 16316 + 4.5% * 102158 = 17650

As a priest with lvl 5 Master Light Beam and lvl 1 Blood Beam, my opinion is as follow:
                              Light Beam is not that bad compared to Blood Beam. For Sengolia, I see that Light Beam is better than Blood Beam since it can do a pretty high burst damage if you crit, almost guarantee an instant kill or at least will bring your opponent's hp down to 1/4 or so. And in Sengolia, last hitting is the most important thing, plus your crit rate is boosted there, so I prefer Light Beam. I still put Blood Beam on hotkey to finish off those people who survived my Light Beam with a little hp, because I don't want to risk another 1s cast time and lose my kill to someone else or having my target running away. Also, during Sengolia, you tend to be attacked a lot, which can reduce your Blood Beam's damage because it is calculated base on your CURRENT HP. Light Beam can give you a more stable DPS in the long run.
                              For dungeon runs, I put Blood Beam as default attack skill because of its instant cast nature, which gives me more flexibility to cast curses and heal myself when my hp gets low. A little lower damage during dungeon runs won't affect me much anyway.

So, in conclusion, I use both skills, just for different situations that I set different skills as default attack :P They both have their pros and cons xD

Comment

Working...
                              X