Dungeon Group Elitism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeon Group Elitism

Something just kinda struck me in the face like a ton of bricks. Here's the story...

I just came out of not one but TWO consecutive bad Revenant Vault groups. While I may be new to THIS GAME, I'm not new to gaming at all. I have played many, many RPGs and once upon a time I played Everquest and Everquest II.

Anyway... back to what happened. In the first group a person was ninja looting EVERYTHING that was not blue. I mean I could not grab ONE mana/health potion OR Magic Dust or anything. I even asked him to share and stop ninja looting everything. He called me a newb, finished the dungeon and left. Ok. We got through it and I got 5 Pristine Ethereal Shards, some random gems and 2 Pristine Crystals.

My second run was a BUST. In fact my FIRST dungeon bust. I (priest 33) actually was a better tank than the 34 Knight.... *what?* and the DPS Mage... was the WORST DPS Mage I have EVER seen. He just could not grasp the fact that he had to spam AoE powers and keep them up while spamming dd spells.... *what?* then when we get to Vega they could not grasp the fact that they should spam potions... they both died twice and then LEFT ME THERE to attempt to solo Vega! I had him down to just a sliver of health (from over 50%) before I ran out of mana pots.

SOMEHOW I was able to sneak in high damage spells in between chain healing myself and spamming health pots. Wow.

Anyone else got stories like this? Want to vent a bit? Have any words of wisdom to share to help in choosing BETTER teams?

The fun in forming teams is the randomness.
    That's why I always solo everything. =_=;

Easy, ask some higher levels.

Useless
    ...but actually does something like stalk every word you post
    Forum-cleaner

This moderator is unreliable, I'm serious

Comment

i never have that experience., cuz i always solo. not because i dont want that, but i dunno if i can team up in dungeon lol... n voila.. i already high enough to solo everythings.. lol
      Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Yes Talon, lotsa experiences similar to urs. Imo this is due to many players being completely new to MMOs and having no clue about their skills or their role in a group. That's the downside of all f2p MMOs not just CS, any1 can make an account, including children. U can't ask a 9 yo to read skills descriptions and whatnot. I met a full STR mage btw...U just need patience or need to solo.

Comment

Originally posted by R22059759 View Post
          Yes Talon, lotsa experiences similar to urs. Imo this is due to many players being completely new to MMOs and having no clue about their skills or their role in a group. That's the downside of all f2p MMOs not just CS, any1 can make an account, including children. U can't ask a 9 yo to read skills descriptions and whatnot. I met a full STR mage btw...U just need patience or need to solo.
          LOl I remember when i was a newbie i did not even know what attribute points where? Hahaha So i put anything that i thought i would need i was like "uhhh i need smartness , i need strenght, OHHH i need protection" XDDDD So funny. Then i noticed that each class has its own attributes to go. So i learned frrom guides, from the bests

Comment

Don't bother going to dungeon with groups, just level up as fast as you can if you're a non-casher, if you cash, max the wing and soul that you can get at that point.

Comment

Best way is to solo them and then u get all the loots for ur self hehe
              Thorne

Shadow Guild
              Eidolon Rogue
              Angel Island
              Pets: FireLord, Burning Angel, Super Demon, Super Angel, Teeka, Bald Eagle, Baby Demon, Baby Angel, Bonosaurus, Demon King

Mounts: Gryphon, Bunny, Alicorn, Battle Bear

Coke
              Shadow Guild
              Mortal
              Ranger

Brakyn
              Shadow Guild
              Mortal
              Mage

Only the weak pick on the weak :rolleyes:

Comment

upgrade soul. wings. and your lvl, your a priest no problem.with that ^^ soloing.is best
                Server: Aquatic Crypts
                Character [S15]IYOT

Comment

Originally posted by VicZar View Post
                  The fun in forming teams is the randomness.
                  That's why I always solo everything. =_=;

Easy, ask some higher levels.
                  I'm just starting to play Broken Realm, is it just as Crystal Saga solo friendly ?

Comment

You either solo. Or make really really nice friends with a set party to do your dungeons with.

P.S BR sucks.
                    Whelp I'm... I'm Mu.

Chara: Mu
                    Server: ---
                    Class: Priest
                    Wings: ---
                    Pet: ---

Comment

You should be fine, a few more lvls and you can solo the vault. Priests are soloing machines.
                      Pretty much the only thing you should be party running is the Ladder...
                      Server: (S39) Erie Marsh
                      Character: Jessie
                      Class: Priest
                      Level: 106+
                      Plane Eidolon
                      Guild DarkCrusade

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Comment

I, too, have had horrible experiences with vault parties. Some people are just really inconsiderate. I had a party of 4 to do normal with 2 tanks, and one of them just logged off after killing Bonecrusher. Then, the other tank told me to give him party lead (I'm pretty sure he was just trying to loot everything), and when I refused, the left the dungeon. So it was down to a low ranger and me, a low level priest to finish it. Um, no, it didn't work so I wasted a run and had to give up on Vega the Mad quest because people are horrible.
                        Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites, come find me in our dream world.

Comment

Working...
                        X