Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the Priest Eidolon skills are good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can do upto 49 just by myself. If you want to lazy heal the tank, set heal as your default skill and double click tank => afk heal mode. Or just uncheck all mobs, put heal as default skill, put healing wave and circle of healing on afk => afk heal with auto aoe heal.

I'm just saying that, ever since ladder came out, the minimum floor that you need to start healing has been raising. For me, I don't even need to heal my pt until lvl 39, and just a few months ago when I just rebirthed to scion we couldn't even pass lvl 20. Due to that, my point is: because the players keep improving while ladder mobs don't, there will be a time in the future when you don't even need to aoe heal continuously on any floor at all. Only on a few floors that you will need some little aoe heal and by then the mortal aoe heals will be doing the job just fine. By that time, eidolon heal will be totally useless because if you don't need it in ladder, then you don't need it anywhere else.

Comment

I see great disadvantage on Priest's Eidolon skills. All classes but Priests can effectively fight 1v1 during PvP. Then here's Sacred Space, we thought of it as our hope to survive PvP fights, but we actually can't do anything within that 10-sec cast time, when casting is done then we likely die. People say Sacred Space isn't a PvP skill, or they say Priests are not designed for PvP. Is there really a game that discourages a class to experience the fun of PvP? I don't think it's too much for us to ask for an improvement on skills. Removal of Sacred Space's cast time will not make Priests OP, it only lasts for few seconds helping us endure attacks. People, especially knights or those who usually own Priests will likely complain about this BECAUSE they are NOT used to getting pawned by Priests. This should give a fair chance for Priests as well as this should motivate other classes to develop a strategy in fighting Priests, not just merely hitting then they own the Priests.
      Last edited by Holy~Kitty; 09-13-2012, 12:51 AM.

Profile:

Server: Ẵṅḡẻḽ Ῐï*—ḽẵṅï*‘
      IGN : Azrielle
      Class : ✞Priest (Holy/Blood)
      Zodiac : Leo (The Lion) =^♥^=
      Lvl/Plane : Lvl 120 Eidolon
      Guild : ╰☆╮Serenity♡
      Position: 皇后 [kou gou - Japanese term for "Empress"] (Guild Master)
      Honor Rank: Emperor++

"Some things you see with your eyes; others you see with your heart."

"To err is human; to purr is feline" ~ ♥ ♥ ♥

(っ◕‿◕)っ ♥

Comment

Yeah those are ways of healing the tank if your lazy, but both have some issues:
        Click heal (clicking on the tank): You need to click on him first.. which prooves to be a challenge most of the time as tanks move .... and as I hide chars due to the lag and massive loading required in the game, it's kinda hard to click on anyone actually, trying to target a moving name... effort.
        AFK heals (afk healing): You need to untick all the mobs after you've entered, meaning you might be loosing some time, yeah it might not matter that much, but it's not the best. Also, if your tank moves a bit too far, your toon will start running between your afk spot and your tank as the AFK makes your toon unable to run towards the tanker and heal him. It just drags it back.

So overall, yeah they are good, but both have their faults.
        If I post something really weird that makes no sense whatsoever it means I'm not mentally there at the time I post it (probably sleep deprived)

Character: (S31)Kiesha
        Server: Tree of Life
        Plane: Eidolon
        Class: Hybrid Priest
        Guild: Harmless

Comment

Originally posted by Chelsia View Post
          No donkey votes thanks. Or random votes with no reason, you ruin the statistics

Comments from the people who think they should stay as it is please? I want to see the reason.

Ok, being honest, I am expecting this poll to be close to 100% voting NO THESE SKILLS SUCK.

If you think that the priest Eidolon skills are fair, think again.
          All the other classes get immunity of some sort:
          Rangers - passive immunity, activates every few seconds
          Mages - massive health regen
          etc...

So what do us priests get?
          1. Heals. Damn the heals already, when I'm an eidolon I want to PvP. I don't care about PvE anymore, it's too easy, no one needs heals. If I really wanted to heal, I have my Light heal and my Healing wave (party heal) really? 1 more heal?
          2. A skill to cast with 12% of your HP just to run away from your enemy. Oh I'm sorry but I don't like to back down in battle. If I really wanted to run, I would use my curses, it's good enough for a 6 second freeze on your enemy. Why would I use anything else and waste my skill points to give me enemy immunity?? Compare this skill to the ranger's wither trap and compare it to the curses, THE MORTAL SKILLS BEATS IT!

GMs please do something about these skills! It's not fair that priests cannot PvP with the same level of players as us.
          mages rebirth skill also makes them unable to use skills or potions during that time. so even if i used lv 5 version of ice rebirth skill 9 sec. i'd still get 1-2 shot from the priests in my server after it wears off. basically mage is even more sitting duck. but its all about how the skills are used. if i could move when using my new ice shield +regen . and you couldn't during your recovery spell, then there would be something to complain about. otherwise, we are in same boat.

imagine it as this. rogue see's mage use ice regen +immune skill. rogue then re-cloaks an redoes combo that nearly killed or would have killed mage except now they don't have immune. = owned. basically like how people wait for people when someone logs out in GR. ppl will wait until they can kill said person.
          every class can get owned just with battle strategy and timing.
          Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 09-13-2012, 04:34 AM.

Comment

But at least for mage you have 10s invul during the skill duration, so nothing can harm you during that time. For priest, casting eidolon heal during pvp is pretty much suicidal. Also mage has blink to run / meteor to stun, so that eidolon skill can be used to buy time for those skills and other skills to cooldown. Yes it might not work in some occasions when people just try to stun you again, but at least it still give you a chance to run away, fight back or even buy time to wait for your teammates to come. All of the above just doesn't apply to eidolon heal.

Comment

Yes, and No.

For the Holy skills, it's a yes. I'm sorry, but Holy Priests are first meant to be support. Weither you like it or not, that's the case. So in term of support, Sacred Space is really good (and personally with this extra heal, bye bye stupid Grace and Circle Of Healing)

For the Blood skills... I actually haven't tried it yet. I'll probably use a SOT and switch to blood to try it out. But knowing Holy is supposed to be more PvE support/healers and Blood is supposed to be more PvP DPS, I can understand all the issues. I mean, for a build supposed to be DPS, it sucks badly. Except if you're op and got way better stats, it's really hard to do good (talking about events like AR).

How Priests are currently, it's either you become more healer, either you try for DPS, but as a Priest DPS don't expect you to be dominating people around your same level/gear/stats on 1v1.

Comment

The holy skill isn't THAT good either, it just heals each target even less than light heal, and as I have mentioned before, most of the time in ladder you only heal a single target, which makes light heal superior compared to sacred space. For AoE heal, circle of healing / healing wave are better due to their almost-instant nature. Eidolon heal needs around 2-3s before the first heal tick kicks in. By then your pt members might have already dead. Grace is just an epic fail skill that no one ever uses, no matter if you are eidolon or not. Then even if we are support, our support ability in pvp is still only limited to buffs and curses, there is no way a priest can out-heal the current DPS of other lvl 80+ players.

The above is why it's not good enough for an eidolon skill: it's usage is limited to CL alone (no other place that a priest will need this heal), and even in CL you will be using light heal / circle of healing / healing wave more often. Even if it's meant for support/PvE, that skill isn't WORTH as an eidolon skill - a lvl 200 skill...

Comment

Tbh only Bloody Acres is even a bit useful and that's because of Avernal trolling, that's about it..
                  Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Needs a revamped holy skill - like idk Heaven's Gate
                    - AoE shield buff that grants immunity from all attacks in addition of a chance to reflect a percentage of damage back to the attacker lasts for a few seconds - like idk 15 seconds at lv 1?

Now that's a Eidolon skill ;>

Comment

I've been playing around with the blood skills for a while now, it's not that bad once you get the hang of it, but still PLEASE QUIT THE AUTO TARGETING!!! It drives me NUTS. Also tell me that the caster of the bloody acres is able to run in and out of the cursed circle!
                      If I post something really weird that makes no sense whatsoever it means I'm not mentally there at the time I post it (probably sleep deprived)

Comment

update your signature chelsia :P and the Caster of bloody acres can't go in or out of the circle: you simply put up a wall around something. I got a circle placed next to me while I was standing against a wall. I wasn't inside the circle but I couldn't get away either (squished between wall + acres). Agreed the auto-targetting is bleepingly annoying, it can't do squat when you're facing multiple enemies.
                        Crystal Saga:
                        IGN: speeds
                        Server: Windshear Peaks
                        Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
                        Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
                        Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
                        IGN: Speeds16
                        Server: Temple of Ibalize
                        Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

Im not exactly a priest, but I have played it and a close friend is a scion priest.

Isn't one of the scion choices Heavenly Protection? THIS is the best buff in this game. THIS gives the priest the ability to kill other classes along with passive heals, massive HP and p/mdef, and great damage with either LB or BB. Also, CURSES would allow you to kill the enemy even easierly. Really, Priests have the better side of the argument.

Priests are buffed up like this BECAUSE the other classes have nice skills, but when you look at it priest is still in the middle of them. Think about Seng if the only buffs you could use were bought ones or ones used on yourself. Priests would most likely dominate, with they're massive stat increases vs. the other players.

Also, if you have a problem with another healing skill, you could:

a) Change your build, putting more skill points on those "better mortal skills".
                          b) Not use the skill points on the eidolon skill, and just max out any other things.

Really, you want the best class. However, that would be more unfair, overpowering the priests.

Comment

umm curses arent exactly a attk more or less a debuff with a little tick dmg and if u acctualy counted the the arsanal of attks a holy hybrid priest has at eid maxed lv its about 4 with 3 curses some buffs and well life drain o.o it kinda becomes reaptitive spamin the same attks tht u had sense u were a mortal >.> not hp isnt a great boost but when u have a oopenent with the same buff u have on it doesnt really make much of diffrence but i guess thts just my opion >_<

Comment

Curses aren't damagers, but they are helping you damage. While the enemy is stunned in a curselock, then you just spam either LB for great damage at slower cooldown or BB for faster DPS damage.

Also, Priests are good for what they are used for. Healing and buffs. Priests don't need any more damaging moves, go to BB or LB tree for that. They don't need any more healing, Heavenly Protection covers that. Really, you Priests want your own class to be better than all the others, while it already is even with the other classes. If you think you need better skills, fix your skills/stats or learn to play priest better.

Comment

I haven't checked this thread in a long time, can't even remember some of those things posted by others that I have "apparently" read. So here's a long reply to all:

1. Priest buffs are not only limited to priests themselves. How often is it that you see a bunch of people running around with priest buffs when their not even priests? So it's not ONLY priests that get the stat boost from buffs - thus the disadvantage. Almost EVERYONE gets priest buffs before they do anything.

2. Curses do no damage, they are a debuff, if you have low damage originally, it's not very helpful. 1 curse does something like 300 HP every 2-3 seconds, don't try to tell me that's proper damage in PvP. (max lvl 5 curses)

3. Yes priests are support, so knights are meant to be tank yeah? And they shouldn't have major damage in PvP yeah? But yet I see epic tanks that can dish out huge damage, very fair hm?

4. Yeah, putting more skills on mortal stuff, ok, lvl 5 res, 5 buffs, 5 curses, 5 heal, 5 AB, what else can I put it on? Useless lvl 70 heal (forgot name sorry)? Useless saints strength that is suicide in PvP? It's not like you can learn both holy and blood skills. If you can get both buffs and the passive of blood, then maybe it would be fair.

5. If I'm a DPS build I expect to be able to take down anyone in a fair PvP 1vs1 battle, it's stupid that I can't even win a fair fight, that I get pawned by mortal rogues.

And yes I know you can't speeds, I was trying to use sarcasm, it's just stupid that the caster can't even move out of it, the only thing it's good at is when someone tries to kill you, and you can go like I don't feel like dying today, lock them in bloody acres and move away *PROVIDED THAT* the circle doesn't backfire (lock you inside too), doesn't go around some other random thing and doesn't idk, squish you to a wall?
                                The only fun I had was when I locked this rogue in it in seng, I don't think he knew much about the skill (since I was the 2nd priest to get it in my server), but he literally freaked lol, it's like "WHY CAN'T I MOVE" haha, so much fun... but that's about it, just a troll skill.
                                Honestly this game discourages people playing priests, my eid party brings on random mortal priests just because we need a reviver, that's how short of priests we are.
                                and yeah, I've updated my sig... been lazy :P
                                Last edited by Chelsia; 12-16-2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X