Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think the Priest Eidolon skills are good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been running a wonderful, highly sought after, hybrid priest now for over a year (currently Eidolon 75), and I find that I'm not missing anything by not using the Tenacity skill line whatsoever, because having all the fast hit DPS Blood beams alongside the entire buff/heal set is more than enough to OP my character. However, I agree that the Eido skill on Holy is total ****...wth would i need another healing skill for when I can spam Lv 5 light heals for 35k each in under 1 second and have AOE/Pty heals like wave and circle that are equally as sick? Why waste 8-10 seconds to cast regen? Basically that's all the Eido heal skill is...just a slow, crappy regen, when you already have a little regen that can sometimes make a difference between living and dying. I think some people forget that even though it's relatively insignificant for a regen skill at 450 HP or so every few seconds, it does add up over the life of the cast, it's instant, and the CD is only 1 second. Summary: You ONLY need 1 HP to stay alive, lol. I don't care WHERE that 1 HP comes from, but in the end, if you have 1 HP left at least, and the mobs DON'T? Well, you do the math, haha. You win, they lose, problem solved. * I personally would love to see the holy tree Eido skill swapped out with a "hybrid" type skill....a combination of an accelerated master light beam that does DOT (damage over time, like the curses), but similar to how frost activates (damage based upon a high % like 70-80% of your potential attack power for like 4 or 5 secs at least)....now THAT would be a nice Eido skill that I would ACTUALLY put skill points into, lol. Also, make it a short CD, like 1-2 secs, and instant cast Maybe call it something catchy like "Divine Intervention" or "Divine Retribution".....your thoughts?
    Last edited by StormYoda; 02-10-2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Sacred Space is good as it is, it heals only -slightly- less than Light heal at lv120 and it's not a regen, it heals every 2sec and no stun or any effect can stop you from casting it. For Ladder runs: any mob that aoe's you can simply gank using that skill instead of running out of their range when they hit you, having to stop healing the tanker for a bit.

The only eidolon skill that needs to be looked into is Bloody acres: description is faulty, and the skill is useless since it can't be aimed when you have multiple targets in range. Needs to be like any other aoe, giving you a red circle of where it'll be placed.
      Crystal Saga:
      IGN: speeds
      Server: Windshear Peaks
      Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
      Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
      Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
      IGN: Speeds16
      Server: Temple of Ibalize
      Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

well im against this,priest is good as it is.why only see the disadvantages?
        u ppl can solo bath,hence u lvl up faster than other classes.!
        u ppl can solo dungeons before us.so u guys develop char faster.!
        priests high demand in ladder..more exp u guys lvl up faster.
        health regeneration..less pots..more saving of money.
        pretty good curses.dont need to beg for blessing!

well even other classes have disadvantages.i use ranger..
        improved oaks blessing 400 heal per second when u have over 80k hp..whats the use ?
        185 dot...?not useful even against mortals.
        jack of all trades master of none...not best for pvp nor pve..even in ladder we dont get permanent slots like priests
        eidolon skill with 4 min 20 sec cool down !!
        scion am skill useless in pve!
        am rangers dont have buffed up basic atk..we have to use default atk even when we r eidolon 120 lvl
        low hp ,lower defense !

i guess same goes for all classes.

try to see the positive side of ur class...if the game developers make eidolon skill of priests pvp...then priest will become best pvp as well as pvp class.
        then whats the point in selecteing other classes?

...expecting few rotten tomatoes and eggs on my face...*putting on helmet*

Comment

Originally posted by tensazangestu View Post
          well im against this,priest is good as it is.why only see the disadvantages?
          u ppl can solo bath,hence u lvl up faster than other classes.!
          u ppl can solo dungeons before us.so u guys develop char faster.!
          priests high demand in ladder..more exp u guys lvl up faster.
          health regeneration..less pots..more saving of money.
          pretty good curses.dont need to beg for blessing!

well even other classes have disadvantages.i use ranger..
          improved oaks blessing 400 heal per second when u have over 80k hp..whats the use ?
          185 dot...?not useful even against mortals.
          jack of all trades master of none...not best for pvp nor pve..even in ladder we dont get permanent slots like priests
          eidolon skill with 4 min 20 sec cool down !!
          scion am skill useless in pve!
          am rangers dont have buffed up basic atk..we have to use default atk even when we r eidolon 120 lvl
          low hp ,lower defense !

i guess same goes for all classes.

try to see the positive side of ur class...if the game developers make eidolon skill of priests pvp...then priest will become best pvp as well as pvp class.
          then whats the point in selecteing other classes?

...expecting few rotten tomatoes and eggs on my face...*putting on helmet*
          Soloing bath.. 1 bugged heal and you ruin your exp, and you can solo bath only if you have Angel's Blessing Lvl5..
          Sure, but then again at Scion+ other classes can solo dungeons too 3x FASTER than us, think about that?
          That depends on the party..
          Yeah pots are defo the gold drainer of the game *facepalm*
          Curses would be ok if 1st they would lower the current Matk/Patk or Pdef/Mdef the enemy has, not just base. 2nd if the crit damage for those would actually get fixed.

Yeah, you're a Ranger, and you have better heals than me lol. I'd pick 400 hp per sec over 432 hp per sec any day.
          I tried once to start from scratch, picked a Ranger, didn't cash at all, and damn it dominated. And again, depends on the party.
          Yeah, but lets take a look at the Nature Eidolon skill, shall we? 2 sec invulnerability every 5 secs... Again, I'd pick that anyways against a random target cage or heal that heals less than lvl 1 skill..
          Don't even get me started how many useless skills Priests has....
          I use default attack as well, our damage being dependant on CURRENT hp ***** it up pretty well for Blood Beam.
          You get around same hp from equips as priests does, and Iirc higher defences?

I rly disagree on this one..
          Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Well said, venomeh....many points along the same lines I have already said, but yeah....I'd trade the Eido heal skill for your 2 sec immunity every 5 or even 10 secs ANY DAY! Talk about an OP build, haha.

Comment

Originally posted by sebastian1988 View Post
              GMUT Eventz plz.

jk, great another thread. the GMs already know about those complaints. its up to them to change them or not.
              and everyone who thinks that the skills are good is a troll..

its like me saying: hey im a rogue but id love to heal, now that im eidolon. pls change my skills. great, another atk skill.
              since u like to state that all other classes have an invul skill, then pls again, how is the 1 second invul skill of rogues better than ur healing?

i know many priests who can pick up decent fights, crit for 80k and more dmg. and almost 1hitting people. its not easy to tank that at all.
              also u can selfheal urself and kite pretty awesome with ur curses. do you know how tiring it is for a melee class to fight you?

how about taking your advantages away instead? not being able to solo ur bath runs anymore, to reduce movespeed in delivery to 0, no more hp regen in tamalan.
              guess that just fair since you want to balance things out..

i didnt vote yet, but i pretty much would vote for ur skills being fair. because i have to fight priests and i consider them a threat.
              and not being to fight knights equally.. cmon, no class can. knights will always be overpowered.

I just dont get how you seriously believe that your class sucks so much when I know so many really good priests.
              Seriously *** are u on lmfao priest are so easily killed. Obviously u've never played a priest b4. I think b4 u can talk about priests and their skill u need to play one first
              Ign- (S2)xena6
              server-himeng valley
              class-Priest holy hybrid
              level- Eidolon 149
              guild-Noypi
              honor rank-Emperor

Comment

Originally posted by speeds16 View Post
                Sacred Space is good as it is, it heals only -slightly- less than Light heal at lv120 and it's not a regen, it heals every 2sec and no stun or any effect can stop you from casting it. For Ladder runs: any mob that aoe's you can simply gank using that skill instead of running out of their range when they hit you, having to stop healing the tanker for a bit.

The only eidolon skill that needs to be looked into is Bloody acres: description is faulty, and the skill is useless since it can't be aimed when you have multiple targets in range. Needs to be like any other aoe, giving you a red circle of where it'll be placed.
                Only place sacred space is kind of useful is in ladder. But even still the 3 sec delay after we cast is crucial. The skill don't work the way it is supposed
                Ign- (S2)xena6
                server-himeng valley
                class-Priest holy hybrid
                level- Eidolon 149
                guild-Noypi
                honor rank-Emperor

Comment

I like my priest build.. pretty nifty if you ask me. I only ever use the eido heal in ladder, and the buff.. well thats self explanatory... >_>

Comment

Working...
                  X