Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Need Help on a decision for choosing class.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help on a decision for choosing class.

Hi everyone. As I am planning to make a new character on the new server, i need help on choosing a good character. I am sorry if this question has been asked too many times in the forums but ive searched for it without any avail.

So finally, i have cut it down to two classes, AM ranger and Shadow rogue.

I need help to choose between them, so if any of the experienced players can help me out, i would be very obliged.

What im looking for is a class(non-cash) thats performs decently in both pvp and pve and is good overall. i have researched on this topic for a very long time and ive finally found that both these classes perform reasonably well. so , i just want to confirm n a single character.

Thanks for reading, i would be very happy if anybody can provide me with a detailed reply.

Also, i would like the level distribution of skills of the class that you would recommend. and also, which class would be able to dominate pvp arenas, seng, etc. if played correctly of course .
    Last edited by Reverie; 12-18-2015, 11:28 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Rogue earlygame is pretty ****, struggles quite a lot if you don't cash. And AM Ranger.. eh, nature would be better, gets to do dungeons earlier (and easier), and dishes more dmg as well, due to magic arrow doing 115% of your matk. Also mage isn't a highly favored class so picking AM passives would be quiiite a waste. Downsides for nature ranger would be 50 lower range (on basic attack) compared to AM, and easily running outta mana. As fully non-cashed ranger would be better for seng, as rogues perform really poor till they have higher stats.

Yeah I know you asked about AM but I'd still recommend you to take a look into this: http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....e-Ranger-Build don't worry about leveling precision as mortal tho, people won't be having high dodge rates till later, so you won't have to worry about your hit rating early on.
    Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

If you just want to be OP, be a Knight, dmg reduction passives and bloodlust (3 seriyus when maxed) does everything earlier than other classes when scion
      'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys.

@prototype. Bro, I looked into the knight class. It's really op when played right. But I have seen a few cons too.
        Many people have said that Knights aren't really good at pvp or levelling up fast, although I'm not really sure. Can u please clarify on this issue? , and also, what was the thing at bloodlust being equal to 3 seriyus ? And, if I were to make a knight in the coming new servers, I'm opting for hybrid with pure str. Any good skill build according to you? Thanks

PS. Sorry for the late reply, I was glancing across more knight threads.

Comment

Originally posted by darkshade1990 View Post
          Thanks for your replies guys.

@prototype. Bro, I looked into the knight class. It's really op when played right. But I have seen a few cons too.
          Many people have said that Knights aren't really good at pvp or levelling up fast, although I'm not really sure. Can u please clarify on this issue? , and also, what was the thing at bloodlust being equal to 3 seriyus ? And, if I were to make a knight in the coming new servers, I'm opting for hybrid with pure str. Any good skill build according to you? Thanks

PS. Sorry for the late reply, I was glancing across more knight threads.
          Np~
          All classes good at pvp, you just need to know how.

Lvling up fast? Depends how you look at it AFK grinding wise yes all melee have disadvantage with mob killing time wise vs ranged however if you look at end game, 120-150 needs orders and 146-150 needs rare hard finding orders, much better at picking up items like these than ranged as range could miss the loot.

Bloodlust is a scion skill under the Retribution tree basically it heals you x amount of hp based on 5% of x amount of dmg you do and at lvl 120 it's max is 15% and Sieryu is only 5% and costs quite a bit of DE and 5x3=15 so In the end you'll have 15% more life steal than any other class.

Skill build? I'll give you my knight's current build
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Knight Skill Build.png
Views:	1
Size:	413.2 KB
ID:	1722698

To explain a bit of it
          Slayers Swipe - for the PATK immune buff mobs in ladder, it's a matk skill so
          Maxed Saber Slash/Crucify - Hits more mobs, these main skills you need to proc frag/sperion BBK(Blood breaking kill)
          Counter/Discipline - Counter cuz it's in the way(rip skill point) Discipline to drag moves all in 1 space in corruption so I can aoe all of them with Crucify to proc frag/bbk on them for faster runs
          Back Breaker - 5% chance to reduce 45% attack speed while being attacked for 6 sec, be op
          Earths Blessing/Steroids - Damage Reduction is everything the % in ( ) next to ur def
          Imrpoved Earths Blessing - Level 1 because 99% of people don't know that normal def(PDEF/MDEF) is broken in this game, I've tested it too 110k mdef reduced 20k dmg in pve vs corr boss and it's not all that easy to get high def so lol, waste of time working on it
          Fight on - lvl 1 cuz does no dmg, not needed as part of ur dps, only to kill Hoarders in COF and to unstealth rogues in PvP or priests if you're against full blood ones.
          Everything else should be self explanatory

All about Damage Reduction/Patk/Crit dmg/Crit/HP <- What will help you get fair

Remember get attack sperion!

Duno if I missed anything

Comment

As a shadow Rogue all I can say is if you know how to use it then you can be a pain for all other classes...I just learnt how to use mine as I went along >, .<
            IGN: (CS1) (S80)Tannlaus LV178 Eidolon Rogue
            Prom I wings... so expensive... especially if you keep forgettin corrupt :D
            Kamikaze Member
            Somany systems...so little time...
            If you wanna know why I went with a Rogue well... Stealth is good for lurking in chat while still runnin through SG :cool:

Comment

@ Sagittarius. Ty for your reply

@prototype. Thanks for your advice, your skill build is also op btw. Can you also tell me the order in which u upgraded your skills? It would be really helpful were I to start a knight.

Also, what would be your pvp combo as a hybrid dps knight? Can you kill all classes close to your strength and level?
              And, many people have been telling that the rogues got an extreme edge after the new frag released , what is your opinion regarding that? Have they fixed it? Or is it not that big an advantage after all? Ty for reading

Comment

Er...when it comes to killing, a shadow rogue can usually kill a target with 2X their stats with little effort...and after the new frag release...hmm...well I guess we got another 1%Dodge/Crit and when maxed we get another 10% crit DMG...other than that not much diff...
                IGN: (CS1) (S80)Tannlaus LV178 Eidolon Rogue
                Prom I wings... so expensive... especially if you keep forgettin corrupt :D
                Kamikaze Member
                Somany systems...so little time...
                If you wanna know why I went with a Rogue well... Stealth is good for lurking in chat while still runnin through SG :cool:

Comment

Originally posted by darkshade1990 View Post
                  @ Sagittarius. Ty for your reply

@prototype. Thanks for your advice, your skill build is also op btw. Can you also tell me the order in which u upgraded your skills? It would be really helpful were I to start a knight.

Also, what would be your pvp combo as a hybrid dps knight? Can you kill all classes close to your strength and level?
                  And, many people have been telling that the rogues got an extreme edge after the new frag released , what is your opinion regarding that? Have they fixed it? Or is it not that big an advantage after all? Ty for reading
                  I don't know I didn't really have to bother since my knight is sub main, my main (priest) just carried ladder for exp xD
                  Extreme edge? Not that extreme just balances their natural dps (exluding procs like frag/bbk/death odor) the patk difference is bigger compared to the differences in upgrades in Aug I believe. It's not a problem nor does it need to be fixed.

I don't really pvp, personally I think the pvp on here is terrible and it's just 1 hit or be 1 hit, all classes can get agi for dodge/hit so that will make it a little harder for rogues, even more if they can't stealth due to skills like fight on with a knight for example.
                  Based on the actual pvp I've done I'll say yes just drag, stun, crater smash it seems.

Originally posted by Sagittarius001 View Post
                  Er...when it comes to killing, a shadow rogue can usually kill a target with 2X their stats with little effort...and after the new frag release...hmm...well I guess we got another 1%Dodge/Crit and when maxed we get another 10% crit DMG...other than that not much diff...
                  Little effort? we got a umm 2.5mill patk knight with 18mil hp and 2 op rogues with like 1.6mill+(don't really remember)
                  And the knight well doesn't really die to anyone but then again this is like super end game if you're talking about much lower stat then maybe, depends who they're against my knight has fought a rogue with higher stat and my knight doesn't have much hit and I killed em more than they killed me. (fight on op)
                  Last edited by Reverie; 01-08-2016, 04:23 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Comment

Working...
                  X