Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Community Discord Server Event

Join us for our weekly Discord Server event. Click HERE for details!
2 of 2 < >

Official Community Discord Server

Join us on the new R2Games Community Discord Server! https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5
See more
See less

Combat Rogue to Shadow Rogue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Combat Rogue to Shadow Rogue.

    Help with my rogue. I'm starting out as a combat rogue for now then switching to shadow rogue after sands of time.


    Suggest builds/strategies!


    End of Story.

  • #2
    go with strategies. although i'm not sure since i'm not a rogue..is just my lucky guess xD..pick what ever u like

    Comment


    • #3
      Combat Rogues prove most effective for PvE, and situationally prove effective in Ladder.. However, Shadow is the PvP class, preferred for its high DPS output and overall speed, a true Assassin play-style.

      For the best however, Hybridizing the two would prove most efficient. How would you achieve this? Two different ways can accomplish this (works more effectively if you're a Scion):

      1. Primarily Combat: Keeping all the Combat skills from the left and middle of the Skill Tree, while taking all of the Shadow tree passives (right side skills). Generally you want the following at Lv80: Slayer's Speed 5, Slayer's Call 5, Improved Slayer's Call 5, Slayer's Dedication 5, the rest at 1. You can also continue to use Blur and Shadow Slap from the Combat passives side for added effectiveness, Improved Lightstream/Viper's Touch, Decimation, and Master Swift Slash should each be at 5, Blade Twist about 2-3, and Improved Triple Cut at 5. If you're a Scion, I'd recommend Blade Dance for the Awakening 1 skill, for its' added DPS.

      2. Primarily Shadow: This one proves slightly trickier but overall is more effective in both PvP and PvE. Slayer's Cloak 5 and Shadow Rush 5 are the essential building blocks, from there you should maintain the Shadow passives exactly as I've listed them above in the "Primarily Combat" portion, as well Improved Choke Hold and Improved Assassin's Thrust (use another SoT at 80 to make it Master) to 5 each. Blade Twist to 5, then Improved/Master Double Cut/Swift Slash and Improved Triple Strike to 5. All other Shadow-based and Combat-middle attacks set to 1 each. Again, keeping Blur and Shadow Slap are optional but effective, I'd recommend no higher than 3 to each however. For your Scion skill, whether you pick Blade Dance or Quick Death you can't go wrong, just a matter of reviewing both skills and working off strategy.

      Hope that helps you.
      "Doing nothing is very hard to do, you never know when you're finished."

      User: (S31)FarFallen / Yiazmat
      Server: Tree of Life (S31) / Temple of Ibalize (R2Games-1)
      Class: Shadow Rogue / Mage (dual-Skill, one DPS one Heal)
      Plane: Scion / N/A
      Level: 75 / 61
      Guild/Rank: zOMGuild Guild Master / Luminaire Assistant Guild Master
      Finishing Move: Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FarFallen View Post
        Combat Rogues prove most effective for PvE, and situationally prove effective in Ladder.. However, Shadow is the PvP class, preferred for its high DPS output and overall speed, a true Assassin play-style.

        For the best however, Hybridizing the two would prove most efficient. How would you achieve this? Two different ways can accomplish this (works more effectively if you're a Scion):

        1. Primarily Combat: Keeping all the Combat skills from the left and middle of the Skill Tree, while taking all of the Shadow tree passives (right side skills). Generally you want the following at Lv80: Slayer's Speed 5, Slayer's Call 5, Improved Slayer's Call 5, Slayer's Dedication 5, the rest at 1. You can also continue to use Blur and Shadow Slap from the Combat passives side for added effectiveness, Improved Lightstream/Viper's Touch, Decimation, and Master Swift Slash should each be at 5, Blade Twist about 2-3, and Improved Triple Cut at 5. If you're a Scion, I'd recommend Blade Dance for the Awakening 1 skill, for its' added DPS.

        2. Primarily Shadow: This one proves slightly trickier but overall is more effective in both PvP and PvE. Slayer's Cloak 5 and Shadow Rush 5 are the essential building blocks, from there you should maintain the Shadow passives exactly as I've listed them above in the "Primarily Combat" portion, as well Improved Choke Hold and Improved Assassin's Thrust (use another SoT at 80 to make it Master) to 5 each. Blade Twist to 5, then Improved/Master Double Cut/Swift Slash and Improved Triple Strike to 5. All other Shadow-based and Combat-middle attacks set to 1 each. Again, keeping Blur and Shadow Slap are optional but effective, I'd recommend no higher than 3 to each however. For your Scion skill, whether you pick Blade Dance or Quick Death you can't go wrong, just a matter of reviewing both skills and working off strategy.

        Hope that helps you.
        I know that Combat Rogues are more efficient in playing PvE and Shadow Rogues in PvP, but can a Combat Rogue excel in PvP to a certain point or Shadow Rogues to PvE? If so, then what's more balanced? Combat Primary mixed with PvP playstyle or Shadow Primary mixed with PvE playstyle?

        Because I want to try to excel in both PvE and PvP( but not that specialized, as in pure PvP or PvE) without using Sands of Time too much.
        Last edited by cuebee; 08-11-2012, 11:59 AM. Reason: Forgot the last sentence


        End of Story.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cuebee View Post
          I know that Combat Rogues are more efficient in playing PvE and Shadow Rogues in PvP, but can a Combat Rogue excel in PvP to a certain point or Shadow Rogues to PvE? If so, then what's more balanced? Combat Primary mixed with PvP playstyle or Shadow Primary mixed with PvE playstyle?

          Because I want to try to excel in both PvE and PvP( but not that specialized, as in pure PvP or PvE) without using Sands of Time too much.
          They actually can excel in both, they don't have the ability to cloak themselves however their overall battle efficiency is no less potent. If you go by the Primarily Combat list I provided, you'll see it's quite deadly. The amount of DPS (damage per second) you can output is drastically higher, for one.
          "Doing nothing is very hard to do, you never know when you're finished."

          User: (S31)FarFallen / Yiazmat
          Server: Tree of Life (S31) / Temple of Ibalize (R2Games-1)
          Class: Shadow Rogue / Mage (dual-Skill, one DPS one Heal)
          Plane: Scion / N/A
          Level: 75 / 61
          Guild/Rank: zOMGuild Guild Master / Luminaire Assistant Guild Master
          Finishing Move: Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken

          Comment


          • #6
            FarFallen provided good remarks on both types of Rogues.

            Shadow has a higher crit rate.

            While combat gives a higher dodge rate.

            Shadow enables you a cloaking ability.

            Combat gives your a small distance dance ability, which, if you haven't notice, it gives a damage buff.

            It's a buff that increases your physical damage for a couple of seconds around +10-15% damage.

            That's only 1 dash. There are 3 dash, so you can accumulate15-25% more damage for 10 secs, I think.

            So far, the highest dodge I've seen was 81% and critical rate was 84%. <- I've never seen them both high at the same time, so it's either the dodge is high or the crit rate is high.

            You can evade everything. That includes AOE attacks.
            "This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace." - Royal Tart Toter

            Last Update: 17 May 2013

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DFinn View Post
              FarFallen provided good remarks on both types of Rogues.

              Shadow has a higher crit rate.

              While combat gives a higher dodge rate.

              Shadow enables you a cloaking ability.

              Combat gives your a small distance dance ability, which, if you haven't notice, it gives a damage buff.

              It's a buff that increases your physical damage for a couple of seconds around +10-15% damage.

              That's only 1 dash. There are 3 dash, so you can accumulate15-25% more damage for 10 secs, I think.

              So far, the highest dodge I've seen was 81% and critical rate was 84%. <- I've never seen them both high at the same time, so it's either the dodge is high or the crit rate is high.

              You can evade everything. That includes AOE attacks.
              So Shadow Rogues can beat Combat Rogues in PvE in terms of crits, while Combat rogues can beat Shadow Rogues in PvP in terms of survivability?


              End of Story.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cuebee View Post
                So Shadow Rogues can beat Combat Rogues in PvE in terms of crits, while Combat rogues can beat Shadow Rogues in PvP in terms of survivability?
                Something like that. Basically, the higher Crit ratio of Shadow Rogues gives them substantial DPS, in fact the entire Passives tree (right side skills) of Shadow Rogues are designed to specifically boost Attack Speed, Crit. Rate/Damage, and Armor Penetration stats, the three primary essentials of a good Rogue build. Combat Passives involve Movement Speed and Dodge, which are good for survival as it increases one's ability to evade and kite foes while simultaneously whittling them down with speed. Hybridizing these two different Rogue builds is very easy to do, and no matter which way you go, the results are always satisfactory or better.
                "Doing nothing is very hard to do, you never know when you're finished."

                User: (S31)FarFallen / Yiazmat
                Server: Tree of Life (S31) / Temple of Ibalize (R2Games-1)
                Class: Shadow Rogue / Mage (dual-Skill, one DPS one Heal)
                Plane: Scion / N/A
                Level: 75 / 61
                Guild/Rank: zOMGuild Guild Master / Luminaire Assistant Guild Master
                Finishing Move: Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken

                Comment


                • #9
                  is it possible to make a rogue with high crit and high dodge?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    It is very possible to have a to have a rogue that has high crit and high dodge. My rogue has 80% dodge and 94% crit so don't say only 1 of those things is possible. People don't realize that you can put points into both passives, which is what my rogue does.
                    Character: (s4) ShadowSneak
                    Server: Server 4 on Aeria games
                    Guild: (S4) DistuRbed
                    Lvl: 66 (Scion)
                    Mounts: Hellwing
                    Pets: Panda (Adult), Scorpy, Tauren Overlord
                    Class: Shadow Rogue

                    Highest Lvl of Crystal Ladder soloed: 52

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PsYkIk985 View Post
                      It is very possible to have a to have a rogue that has high crit and high dodge. My rogue has 80% dodge and 94% crit so don't say only 1 of those things is possible. People don't realize that you can put points into both passives, which is what my rogue does.
                      That's what we called Hybrid Rogue where you can have both stats (I have 97% dodge and 120% crit).
                      Tyria Village Server
                      IGN: Baixiu (Eidolon Lvl ?? in progress)
                      Class: Hybrid Rogue

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        well tbh a seen rogue is a dead rogue sry to say,and i dear say a shadow rogue would have a better chance to kill my knight than any combat rogue dodge hmph think its been discussed b4 so unless ur combaat is packing well over 100% and can do massive damage a knight or mage will blast it dead 1-2 hits easy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If your a OP rogue (like stronger then most players in server) Combat is the way to go. If your just a average rogue then shadow is the way to go.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Haphaestus View Post
                            If your a OP rogue (like stronger then most players in server) Combat is the way to go. If your just a average rogue then shadow is the way to go.
                            Wrong. Shadow always beats combat. Combat rogues just don't know how to play their class.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Shadow wins 1v1, combat owns in multiple pvp.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X