X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2Old2Care
    started a topic Random Mute

Random Mute

On 8/29/2014 shortly after IOB ended I found myself muted and upon reviewing my world chat I could find no reason for the mute.
    There were plenty others who should have received a mute at that time but none were not muted but me.
    While I am not a big time casher I do spend money on this game on a regular basis and did not appreciate being muted for no reason.
    I would appreciate someone looking into this and I do expect a reply as to who and why I was muted.

Sincerely
    2Old2Care

• HelpMePlzzz
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Guru View Post
    don't worry 2old, us long time players know that mutes are handed out for nothing and single players are targeted for no reason. People have cyber [yuck] on world chat while some innocent guy comes along and says wtb [GMUT] and a gm says oh he wants to buy [yuck] when he really meant he wants to buy gmuts. I have personally been muted several times for saying gmut.... and you guessed it... the gm monitoring chat at that time didnt mute the people that have cyber [yuck] on world hat every single day.... Not to mention all the trash talk that goes on every day ALL day and nothing is done. It's like a gm pops on for 10 seconds and mutes the first person who speaks then logs out of that server. How about those spammers? They RARELY get muted ever. You know the ones I mean, the ones that advertise their shop in world/trade every 30 seconds for 6 hours straight... people should be muted just for double posting in world/trade imo... *end rant*
    ugh ikr ... dont bother asking a mod they only say what theyre told to say (no offense)
    Last edited by Reverie; 09-06-2014, 12:31 AM. Reason: New quote.

Leave a comment:

• The_Guru
    replied
    don't worry 2old, us long time players know that mutes are handed out for nothing and single players are targeted for no reason. People have cyber [yuck] on world chat while some innocent guy comes along and says wtb [GMUT] and a gm says oh he wants to buy [yuck] when he really meant he wants to buy gmuts. I have personally been muted several times for saying gmut.... and you guessed it... the gm monitoring chat at that time didnt mute the people that have cyber [yuck] on world hat every single day.... Not to mention all the trash talk that goes on every day ALL day and nothing is done. It's like a gm pops on for 10 seconds and mutes the first person who speaks then logs out of that server. How about those spammers? They RARELY get muted ever. You know the ones I mean, the ones that advertise their shop in world/trade every 30 seconds for 6 hours straight... people should be muted just for double posting in world/trade imo... *end rant*
    Last edited by Reverie; 09-06-2014, 12:29 AM. Reason: Replaced censors.

Leave a comment:

• Reverie
    replied
    Originally posted by 2Old2Care View Post
    Still no reply to my ticket!

Your case # is 166453
    Your ticket has been forwarded.

Leave a comment:

• Kellynka
    replied
    Originally posted by 2Old2Care View Post

Your case # is 166453
    There were some problems with ticket system today before MT. (showing msg - ticket system is offline) its not for a first time in last 3 months.

Leave a comment:

• 2Old2Care
    replied

Your case # is 166453

Leave a comment:

• Reverie
    replied
    Your ticket has been forwarded.

Leave a comment:

• R2349858
    replied
    Originally posted by Reverie View Post
    If you would like to provide your ticket number, I will forward it for you.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Blah.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	1693911

As you can see on screenshot, ticket was sent 8 days ago.

Screenshot too small lol -_- ticket #160777

Leave a comment:

• Reverie
    replied
    Originally posted by R2349858 View Post
    Well there's this guy on my server says hes GM and his proof of being GM is muting ppl for 30 mins whenever he please, I sent ticket about it couple days ago no one yet bother replying to it, so you might have some one like that on your server too, if that random mute keep repeating...
    If you would like to provide your ticket number, I will forward it for you.

Leave a comment:

• R2349858
    replied
    Well there's this guy on my server says hes GM and his proof of being GM is muting ppl for 30 mins whenever he please, I sent ticket about it couple days ago no one yet bother replying to it, so you might have some one like that on your server too, if that random mute keep repeating...

Leave a comment:

• 2Old2Care
    replied
    1 hour mute

And I see another player has been muted while afk.
    Last edited by Reverie; 08-30-2014, 03:17 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Leave a comment:

• R2349858
    replied
    You were muted for how long? 30 mins?

Leave a comment:

• Reverie
    replied
    If players have specific questions regarding why they received mutes, feel free to submit your inquiries via ticket here: http://support.r2games.com/. The GMs will further review the mute and remove it should it still be activated, at their discretion.

Leave a comment:

• 2Old2Care
    replied
    Reverie,

As a former GM and code writer for an older popular MMORPG I know about system mutes and system bugs. I also know about how mods and gms operate. Certainly what you say is possible. However, I believe that something else may be occurring here. Since my mute several players have talked to me about their mutes and there appears to be a pattern. I also know that game operators take it very seriously when one of their cashers requests assistance and when their income is in jeopardy. Let's let this take it's course.

Sincerely,
    2Old2Care

Leave a comment:

• Apoloymi
    replied
    "The system itself may run into instance where it accidentally mutes" The System can only go off what it is told to do by the coding that a Human has programmed it to do, therefore it is a human error not a system error, unless there is a bug in your system, if that is the case then it need to be addressed as there are a lot of random mutes happening recently sense the merge.

I can name 5 as of yesterday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X