Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

GameDP CS shutting down, need to talk to R2 administators for options.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameDP CS shutting down, need to talk to R2 administators for options.

Hey there, I am one of the players over on GameDP's servers for Crystal Saga. We recently got news that they will be shutting down the game on us.

As usual for any people who invest time and money in to online games, we dont exactly want to be losing all our hard work and time invested over the last yearof playing. So I've came here to R2 in hopes of finding some sort of possible solution for us from GameDP CS to still play our characters somehow.

I'm not quite sure about the details but perhaps it would be possible for R2 to get all the data from GameDP and have us on a new R2 server? Or possibly merge us in to one of your servers which is as close to our current player's levels and market?

I am willing to discuss any possibilities for us to have these character which we have dedicated so much time on.

Thank you for your time and I hope we can get something worked out so we from GameDP, can continue playing CS .

Hi there,
    Sure hope someone here can help us! Many of us have been playing and loving CS for months, and have really well developed characters. We do not want to lose all the massive time and money we have put into our loving characters! Please help us arrange for character file transfer to your servers. As both game servers are synced each week, this should only take a few minutes, but need someone from R2 to want to do it and then talk to gamedp to get the character files. I would be happy to help defray any costs. Thank you!
    (S1)Hawk
    lvl 97 Scion Mage with his faithful Demon King sidekick

Comment

The 2 game platforms might have different skill/item balancing, different requirement for upgrading, different cash-shop item prices, different updates so far, and perhaps many more. If the above are true, then I don't think it is possible to import characters from gameDP over here.

However, if the 2 platforms are exactly the same with the only difference being weekly events and timezone, then I would be glad to see more new players from gameDP servers get merged here ^^

Comment

I just made a quick character to look on one of R2's servers and everything appears to be the same , which is how it should as GameDP is just hosting other servers like R2, so we get all the updates and such as R2. Pretty much, nothing is different. ^^

Comment

Excellent news! thank you for checking and considering us, we REALLY want to find a new home and not give up on this delightful rich game. Hope you all can make it happen. Please let me know if anything I can do to assist.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkwinde View Post
            Excellent news! thank you for checking and considering us, we REALLY want to find a new home and not give up on this delightful rich game. Hope you all can make it happen. Please let me know if anything I can do to assist.
            Eh I'm just a normal player stating my opinions regarding merging the 2 platforms above. So don't get your hope up too high yet. We better wait for an official decision from a GM regarding this.

Comment

I thought Gamedp is on of R2s partner site, we have the exact same events, other than partner site events.

Comment

If I could get in contact with one of the site's administrators, We could perhaps begin talking about options and possibilities?

Comment

R2 games doesn't do character transfers....will send this link to some people though so they can see it an tell you stuff

Comment

****, they have now closed like what ? 2 games ? I bet dragon's call 1 is going to follow soon. Stay away from gamedp....

Comment

I really do hope they take this into consideration of moving the GameDP users of Crystal Saga to R2 Crystal Saga, because I'm not willing for 8 months worth of time to be wasted.
                      (S1)SophiaTsuki
                      I also hope they let the characters keep everything that they have collected.

Comment

I know R2 doesn't allow character transfers but this is a slightly different matter... It's another server closing down and forcing people to stop playing. Surely they could open up a server here just for them or put them to a server of roughly the same age/stats.
                        (S14)Squintina
                        LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
                        LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Yeah, if there is no difference between GameDP and R2's games beside weekly events and promotions, I whole-heartedly support this thread :P

Comment

Originally posted by deathXnote13 View Post
                            I really do hope they take this into consideration of moving the GameDP users of Crystal Saga to R2 Crystal Saga, because I'm not willing for 8 months worth of time to be wasted.
                            (S1)SophiaTsuki
                            I also hope they let the characters keep everything that they have collected.
                            Unfortunately, that's not going to be possible. It's a different platform run by a different company under licensing agreements, but that's where the similarity ends. While the two companies were a partnership, your accounts and all your information belong to GameDP. R2 can't migrate your info because they don't have access to any of it. Because they don't have access to player logs on GameDP, they can't create characters on R2 servers with the items and upgrades you had on the GameDP servers.
                            New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Maybe R2 can convince GameDP to hand over the data.

It can't hurt for them to at least ask and see if they can help these players (and potential new customers).
                              (S14)Squintina
                              LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
                              LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Working...
                              X