Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

S36 and Merged Servers are down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have reported this issue. Again. @_@;;

Comment

If you plan on making another Roll back you might aswell shut this server down

Comment

maybe suggest they investigate why its going down after island of blessing again so it can be fixed instead of roll back and have it happen again tomorrow

Comment

You are getting to the point where even people that do not mind minor failures and don't expect everything to run smoothly are getting fed up. Yes there are bugs and there always will be but once the server goes down for one it would make sense to look into the darn logs and actually fix them.

According to my sources the server was down for what, 8 - 8.5 hours? Now hitting the rollback button (running the script I assume as this feature is automated for sure - even if you have ONLY interns working at R2 as developers they will have enough brains to implement that for testing/security purposes) takes about 5 minutes and ill give you another 20 to pull all the data and statistics from legacy systems.
          From my calculation we are missing about 7.5-8 hours that should've been spent on localizing and fixing of the bug. There has to be something in the server logs even if this game was developed by the group stated above. Either the development team is utterly useless / one guy that is supposed to do everything starting with the support tickets and ending with the update implementation (the response time surely reflects that).

I am a developer myself and I know how those crisis situations are handled. If there are any competent developers that have any idea what the hell is happening on the server and wrote the respective parts the fix should take well under 8 hours and the scenario would've been replayed on the testservers before pushing it on the production (omitting all the intermediate layers since this is a crisis).

This whole situation looks like the telephone game (or whispers for the chinese developer, yes I am using singular on purpose here, if he happens to read this). The moderators relay the problem to the developer, that I am guessing doesn't speak english, and he tries to fix the issue with minimal information and even less will to fix the issue.
          If you are trying to climb a mountain and get beat up half way up every day and you roll back, pun intended, to the bottom every day you will give up eventually.

I would like to get the answers or if the developer actually talked to people here concerning the issue here.

Wi

For anyone following this thread the issue seems to have gone away and it is possible to log back in.

What I am affraid of is that this "self resolution" of the problem will merely support the "have you tried rolling it back yet?" attitude of the developers.

For anyone following this thread, you can play again and there has not been a rollback. (as of now)
          Last edited by Reverie; 04-29-2015, 02:05 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Comment

Dont want a roll back too, just try to fix issues during next maint even if we have to wait 1-2 days...

Comment

This is how I imagine R2 "developers" at work:

Click image for larger version

Name:	jG5Xfv8.gif
Views:	1
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	1711967

Comment

Originally posted by Stavbar View Post
                You are getting to the point where even people that do not mind minor failures and don't expect everything to run smoothly are getting fed up. Yes there are bugs and there always will be but once the server goes down for one it would make sense to look into the darn logs and actually fix them.

According to my sources the server was down for what, 8 - 8.5 hours? Now hitting the rollback button (running the script I assume as this feature is automated for sure - even if you have ONLY interns working at R2 as developers they will have enough brains to implement that for testing/security purposes) takes about 5 minutes and ill give you another 20 to pull all the data and statistics from legacy systems.
                From my calculation we are missing about 7.5-8 hours that should've been spent on localizing and fixing of the bug. There has to be something in the server logs even if this game was developed by the group stated above. Either the development team is utterly useless / one guy that is supposed to do everything starting with the support tickets and ending with the update implementation (the response time surely reflects that).

I am a developer myself and I know how those crisis situations are handled. If there are any competent developers that have any idea what the hell is happening on the server and wrote the respective parts the fix should take well under 8 hours and the scenario would've been replayed on the testservers before pushing it on the production (omitting all the intermediate layers since this is a crisis).

This whole situation looks like the telephone game (or whispers for the chinese developer, yes I am using singular on purpose here, if he happens to read this). The moderators relay the problem to the developer, that I am guessing doesn't speak english, and he tries to fix the issue with minimal information and even less will to fix the issue.
                If you are trying to climb a mountain and get beat up half way up every day and you roll back, pun intended, to the bottom every day you will give up eventually.

I would like to get the answers or if the developer actually talked to people here concerning the issue here.

Wi

For anyone following this thread the issue seems to have gone away and it is possible to log back in.

What I am affraid of is that this "self resolution" of the problem will merely support the "have you tried rolling it back yet?" attitude of the developers.

For anyone following this thread, you can play again and there has not been a rollback. (as of now)
                There was a 12+ hrs rollback yesterday..
                another crash today? iob didnt even loaded on my chars..
                Last edited by Caia_R21125326; 04-29-2015, 05:58 PM.
                Crystal Saga

Ign: (S22)Caia
                Server:(S22)Tyria Village
                Spouse: (S23)Socrates
                Guild:(Lv.10) DivineAngels - GM (AngelOfDeath)

Looking for>
                -Genie Crystals in Consumers Points
                -More Inventory (Bag) Space & Pages
                -Pixie Crystal in Mystery Packs

Comment

Originally posted by Caia_R21125326 View Post
                  There was a 12+ hrs rollback yesterday..
                  another crash today? iob didnt even loaded on my chars..
                  I was not talking about the rollback time but about the time the server was down, which is the time they had to call someone in and fix it.

Comment

=.= its same.. just do the math
                    Crystal Saga

Ign: (S22)Caia
                    Server:(S22)Tyria Village
                    Spouse: (S23)Socrates
                    Guild:(Lv.10) DivineAngels - GM (AngelOfDeath)

Looking for>
                    -Genie Crystals in Consumers Points
                    -More Inventory (Bag) Space & Pages
                    -Pixie Crystal in Mystery Packs

Comment

GRR... Lv 50 to claim compensation pack.. what about us lowbies & newly Rebirthed ones.. to think that we have scheduled merge soon dont think we can catch up unless we own torches or gold to buy torches.. lame just lame

Comment

Working...
                      X