Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Hacking Accounts on West PvP servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacking Accounts on West PvP servers

As I am sure your aware already, but there has been a lot of hacking/stealing other peoples accounts lately on the West pvp servers. Its getting very aggravating to see my friends and guildies get their accounts taken from them. Most people that have been hacked refer to the main account that was hacked not long after Kabam server merged over. (K6)Northstar is who is doing all these hackings, and yet they are still here continuing to do more of it. Its highly unfair, to those who have worked very hard on their characters. Please stop this from happening!

I agree....this needs to end.and the real owner of NorthStar never even received his toon back.something needs to be done!!

Comment

Yes, i transfered that toon over just to lose it, i don't care how but this needs to be stopped

Comment

Originally posted by brutal22bunny View Post
        I agree....this needs to end.and the real owner of NorthStar never even received his toon back.something needs to be done!!
        And the one now in control of (K6)Northstar keeps begging me for use of my toon in whispers

Comment

Is anyone grabbing screenshots of these conversations?
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

All that person does in my whisper is beg for items. But if hes asking for accounts ill definitely be screenshotting it.

Comment

Because begging is not against our ToS, that alone isn't something we can act on. I would definitely snag screenshots of any admission of piloting and/or asking for account access.

Comment

Are you guys sure it's actually 'hacking' and not just account sharing? o:

Comment

There is a bunch of toons on PvP West that has been stolen in the last 2 months alone D:
                  APOLOYMI
                  MARRIED TO ♥♥♥♥ SHADOWGAMMADRACO ♥♥♥♥
                  LEVEL180 EIDOLON SHADOW ROGUE

GUILD: The Spartans
                  (S44)PSYCHODELICA
                  GEN3 KYUBI

Helpful Posts and Ideas that i have made, check them out

Comment

[I'm (V1)annabelle, I went to log in to character and noticed that it said "can't login because of the wrong password." I went to file a password change and went to send it and noticed that the email that it was going to send it to wasn't at all mine. It was [removed] I'm guess thing might be the hacker known as "(K6)NorthStar"
                    Please help me, i've filed a ticket, and it hasn't arrived yet and i'm really worried. I don't want to lose all of my stuff because I was so stupid!
                    Help please!!
                    Last edited by MemoryLane; 05-16-2016, 01:36 PM. Reason: Please don't share your email address.

Comment

Originally posted by Katrinamillsap806 View Post
                      I don't want to lose all of my stuff because I was so stupid!
                      Let's address that for a moment and see if we can't get to the bottom of what's really going on here, so we can help come up with a solution to the issue. What did you do that makes you believe you did something stupid? Did you provide someone with your login information?

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Comment

Yes I did, I was very busy with school and things in general. Northstar said she could pilot my account and i gave her my info. But shortly after i told my guildies and one of them told me that she was a hacker and to quickly change my info. So i changed it quickly, but not the email part.
                        I wasn't thinking clearly in the moment because i didn't know what to really do. I set a character lock on my main and changed the password to the acc. but i guess they used my email/user to breach the acc. anyways.

Comment

It is very important to not share your login information with others, especially strangers, and especially if you ever intend on playing again. It is also important to activate the email address on the account so that any attempts to hijack an account will result in the password change emails going to you, since bound accounts will not be unbound, nor will the bound email be changed.

I wish there was a way to make warnings like this blink everywhere so more people are aware of people who will gladly offer to play for you, who have no intention of giving the account back. Unfortunately, people who let their friends play for them have also found that the person wasn't a friend after all.. It's almost tragic in that there are warnings everywhere about keeping your account information to yourself, and yet everyone else is saying everyone does it, it's fine, when for many it isn't.

Let's get the terminology of this thread right though- a hacker is someone who forces their way into an account without your permission, knowledge, or information. This person isn't a hacker, it's more of a scammer, and should be treated as such. Just like we will tell each other about how someone scammed gold from us, so do not trust them, we should all be vigilant in letting people know when a scammer is trying to steal accounts.

We will see what we can have done regarding Northstar, if that is the person responsible, but any damages to any accounts likely won't be undone. It is in the ToS and in the support articles that sharing login information may result in damages, and there won't be much help for that.

Comment

It's ok if my acc has missing items, i can just get them back. I hope i get my acct. back. I sent a ticket in and haven't gotten anything. I'm sure i did it right too.

Comment

I am sure you will get a reply today, but do let us know if you do not.

Comment

Working...
                              X