About "scams" and "hacks"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About "scams" and "hacks"

I couldn't help noticing all the complaints on forums about "omg i got hacked by my best friend/game partner/blah blah". Or the topics concerning cash shop items scams. If the mods don't mind here's Ery's basic guide to common sense:

1. Don't be stupid, stupidity ruins lives. So don't EVER give ur account info FOR ANYTHING (games, fb, forums memberships etc) to anyone that u don't know personally. A fb account with fake pics does not mean u actually KNOW a person. Especially if u're a casher u endanger ur personal banking info too. So do not be stupid. If u choose to share ur account with someone u only know ingame that is entirely YOUR PROBLEM and the u shouldn't cry on forums or tickets that u got "hacked". Hacking is when someone STEALS ur acct info by using a keylogger or something similar. If u willingly gave away that info that is not R2g's problem, it's a chance u take like sharing ur phone number with ppl u just met. So don't do it or deal with the consequences.

2. Cash shop "gifts". If I'm not wrong the cash shop items including costumes can now be sold in regular player shops. So no reason to do dodgy trades and especially not paying in advance. Again, no more stupidity, it hurts. Would u pay in advance for a dinner u haven't eaten yet? So don't pay for something u haven't received. It's as simple as that. There are no guarantees and if u CHOOSE to trust some1 u do it on ur own risk.

*venting out cause i really got sick of these topics and what i see on wchat daily. I would create a similar topic and pin it if i was a mod or GM, that'd save u some headaches.

This would be a fantastic explanation. . Now people knows that hacked by a friend does not mean "hacked" it means "giving out my personal info so they can do whatsoever they like on my acc" (that's the meaning I think of).
    I'm not usually active so my stats are the same.

IGN (S12)Tcaty
    Class Shadow Rogue
    Level 55+
    Plane Mortal (obv.)
    Honor Earl

Well, that's about it! Have a fantastic day...

Comment

Great statement, Kayshah... =)))) definitely agree with what you just said.

Name: AndreaNicole
      Server: Empyream Acropolis
      Guild: Outlawz

Comment

its good that they make the costume tradeable now, they should do this earlier, many ppl get scammed trough this
        Server: Starglade
        Name: Lotussin
        Plain: Eidolon
        Lvl: 72 and more
        Guild: GM of DethKlok
        Class:Rogue
        Skill Tree: Shadow
        Pet: Demon King Gen 2/5 +13

Comment

Sadly the majority of people complaining about scams and hacks are people who never read forums and thus won't read this post.

They only show up when they have a problem and only check their threads.
          (S14)Squintina
          LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
          LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

If people are stupid enough to give out their account info, then they deserve to have everything stolen, and if they're a casher, they also deserve to have their credit card cleaned out.
            Last edited by vastilos; 02-11-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

sticky out of this, people need to learn the difference between 'getting hacked' and 'gave my info to a thief', since that's literally what they're doing.
              Crystal Saga:
              IGN: speeds
              Server: Windshear Peaks
              Lv 120 [Eidolon] Nature Ranger - Emperor
              Proud owner of the Lv 120 [Eidolon] Holy priest alt, double-parked outside
              Officially the #1 Nature Ranger of Windshear Peaks & six merged servers

Wartune (semi-inactive):
              IGN: Speeds16
              Server: Temple of Ibalize
              Lv45 Archer - Guild Luminaire

Comment

People are not stupid, they are just desperate. Some people can go to the greatest length to get something, like giving their personal information.

Comment

http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....86-Please-help!!!!

That's not desperate, that's gullable?...To put it nicely

Comment

Posting on alt account again....pro. Either way u can't be that desperate for ....a costume? It's not that great as stats addition. About having ur account cleaned by a game "friend" let's not sound so innocent. Most ppl give away their accounts cause they're greedy and don't wanna miss out on daily events etc. That is precisely why R2 staff keeps repeating "don't give away ur account". Players that still do do so on their own risk. Don't wanna miss out on crypt? The world won't end, i promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayshah View Post
                      Posting on alt account again....pro. Either way u can't be that desperate for ....a costume? It's not that great as stats addition. About having ur account cleaned by a game "friend" let's not sound so innocent. Most ppl give away their accounts cause they're greedy and don't wanna miss out on daily events etc. That is precisely why R2 staff keeps repeating "don't give away ur account". Players that still do do so on their own risk. Don't wanna miss out on crypt? The world won't end, i promise.
                      I have missed a month worth of daily events and I am not crying.

Comment

I wasn't referring to u but to ppl that can't sleep if they miss an ingame event. Please see the newer topics about "hacks" (1st page) I believe they make my point for me. I am especially amused by the "ban my husband" topic, I shouldn't laugh cause it's sad. But srsly u can t call an ingame person that u shared ur account with "husband" lmao

"Plzzzz r2, ban my husband he didn't wanna do the laundry"

Comment

Originally posted by Kayshah View Post
                          I wasn't referring to u but to ppl that can't sleep if they miss an ingame event. Please see the newer topics about "hacks" (1st page) I believe they make my point for me. I am especially amused by the "ban my husband" topic, I shouldn't laugh cause it's sad. But srsly u can t call an ingame person that u shared ur account with "husband" lmao

"Plzzzz r2, ban my husband he didn't wanna do the laundry"
                          You must have poor reading skills. She said she shared it because he was her husband, not that he was her husband because they shared. I'm assuming it means an in-game husband as I don't see how a real life one could get away with that and not get yelled at later. I imagine a separation decree will be in her future purchases if she hasn't gotten one already. Regardless, she shouldn't have given away her password.
                          (S14)Squintina
                          LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
                          LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

It is a good topic, and very true that many players give out their own information to others, then claim that someone "hacked them" or scamming in game.

A little clarification on the scam part though. Many players will complain about being scamed if they do not receive "item" from item mall, and vice versa. The big thing here is the way most of these items are "sold." They are Gifts which means that it is something that is given to a player because you want to be nice.

It is really hard to say, "I gave a gift to this person and he didn't give me gold."

Comment

Originally posted by (S14)Squintina View Post
                              You must have poor reading skills. She said she shared it because he was her husband, not that he was her husband because they shared. I'm assuming it means an in-game husband as I don't see how a real life one could get away with that and not get yelled at later. I imagine a separation decree will be in her future purchases if she hasn't gotten one already. Regardless, she shouldn't have given away her password.

My reading skills are fine, i'm guessing my sense of humor is a bit twisted..."shared because he was her husband"....gosh ppl, when will u understand it's a game. My ingame partner is a friend and a very nice person but i wouldn't call him my "husband" lol. I also trust him but i wouldn't share my account or ask for his. It's not a question of trust more of being cautious. What if ur "husband"'s comp has a keylogger and u get ur account cleaned up? Ever thought of that?
                              Honestly if i was a GM i wouldn't restore these "hacked" accounts, it's ur stupidity u have to learn ur lesson. Since i'm not a GM i'm trying to instill some common sense into the players but I'm guessing it's a futile attempt.

PS the staff is not very helpful when it comes to banning the proven scammers either. The best example is (S49)Aboney. I presented screenshots where he admits he scammed, screenshots in which he is impersonating another player and attempts to scam items and he's still NOT BANNED. So look after ur account info cause if u're not a major casher u won't get ur items back
                              Last edited by Kayshah; 02-12-2013, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X