Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

mechs on mage and new gems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mechs on mage and new gems

Seeing as how rogues dominate the game, and a mid scion rogue can tear up a decently built high lvl eido mage, I was throwing some ideas around.

1. If you sacrifice the matk/mdef from all INT mage and make up for it with soul/gems, and instead build an all AGI mage (broken light becomes your bff), you become a pve monster. Still testing ideas on pvp side, though the game don't give us but 2 skills for criticals (gg battle mage).

2. Since your wanting to dish out as much as possible, using no cast time skills seems good. Wrath/imp fire wave5/master flame burst5/meteor5/thunderstorm etc would just throw out massive spells quickly (assuming you have a high atk spd). Now for avernals/dungeons this is quite good. I can run through EH nm within first set of buffs, whereas with full INT I would use 2buff rounds.

3. Now say we take mages highest and most used skill, flame explosion. 2seconds to sit and grrrrrrrRRRRRAAAAHHHHHH ~casts~ is quite meh.. If you build up Kyanites, say 4 flawless, how much time off of the 2seconds would this take off? 2second-20%? Is it possible to make this skill almost insta-cast? If you had a 250% cast speed / 300% atkspd mage (assuming this skill was instacastable at this cast speed %), would this be something to gear toward? Or am I thinking about this all wrong?

Just asking as mages are quite underpowered in this game, imho. Yes they are a nice ladder/mortal dungeon support char, but when it comes down to it, mage is pretty bland (compared to other games where there's several routes to take on mage build). I miss the battle mage side .. high crits/passives etcc.. mage does need more "rogue"ish passives etc... So far, pure agi-mage is a bit more fun to play (vs full int), at least for me. Just want some thoughts on this.

Originally posted by R22356364 View Post
    Seeing as how rogues dominate the game, and a mid scion rogue can tear up a decently built high lvl eido mage, I was throwing some ideas around.

1. If you sacrifice the matk/mdef from all INT mage and make up for it with soul/gems, and instead build an all AGI mage (broken light becomes your bff), you become a pve monster. Still testing ideas on pvp side, though the game don't give us but 2 skills for criticals (gg battle mage).
    Lategame you'll pretty easily hit 100% crit chance.

Just asking as mages are quite underpowered in this game, imho. Yes they are a nice ladder/mortal dungeon support char, but when it comes down to it, mage is pretty bland (compared to other games where there's several routes to take on mage build). I miss the battle mage side .. high crits/passives etcc.. mage does need more "rogue"ish passives etc...
    Wait what?! What did I just read..? Mages underpowered? I suggest learning to play the class before saying anything like that if you don't wanna seem totally ridiculous. Mages definitely doesn't need more passives/power than they already have.
    Stalkers OP.

Best (ex) R2 employee quote: "Be kind to your fellow players ~ you never know when they are alt GMs "

Comment

Wait what?! What did I just read..? Mages underpowered? I suggest learning to play the class before saying anything like that if you don't wanna seem totally ridiculous. Mages definitely doesn't need more passives/power than they already have.[/QUOTE]

I'm talking compared to others pvp wise.. I'm level 110 eidolon I think I know how to play my class. Though 1on1 vs knights/rogues/rangers can be quite difficult of the same level ranges.. The damage passives mages have still would be greatly below having some crit passives and whatnot. Rogues pretty much get me everytime to do stun and it seems that lv5 freeze passive (20% chance) may be bugged as I hardly EVER see people get frozen from my passives.. yet I see the lv4 freeze quite often. Don't know if it is bugged or if it's just my bad luck. I had a lv50 scion knight attack me to test it.. Out of 50 hits, they were frozen once. Against rogues this has to be quite often to kick in or they just hack away at your life whilst you stand there stunned. I would gladly give up the damage stacking passives for more crit.. Easier to 1-2 shot someone than sit there for 4-5 attacks while damage stacks :P

Comment

if ur crits uber low and u wanna change it garnets and getting ec is pretty much the best way i guess althought not every one has access to higher lv ec as a guild skill but worth it if u can get it ._. also orange exe glove or ring + silent destroyer title and every crit soul u could get with all or even just half of this u should be able to hit about 60-70% and higher crit ._. but again ec is a pretty big part of it seeing as how lv 10 gives u 30% crit ._.
        Last edited by air776; 07-12-2013, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Mages are more Over Powered then Rouges

Rouges attack 1v1, whereas mages can do 1v4+ players with their passive skill making them more powerful then Rouges. There are 2 Mages on my server that are between lev120 -124 that can kill me with their passive skill. Even a Rouges stuns you your passive will kill them, unless they are a hugely cashed out Rouge.

But over all Mages are the OP class, then its Rouges.
          Last edited by Apoloymi; 07-12-2013, 09:34 PM.
          APOLOYMI
          MARRIED TO ♥♥♥♥ SHADOWGAMMADRACO ♥♥♥♥
          LEVEL180 EIDOLON SHADOW ROGUE

GUILD: The Spartans
          (S44)PSYCHODELICA
          GEN3 KYUBI

Helpful Posts and Ideas that i have made, check them out

Comment

Originally posted by R22356364 View Post

2. Since your wanting to dish out as much as possible, using no cast time skills seems good. Wrath/imp fire wave5/master flame burst5/meteor5/thunderstorm etc would just throw out massive spells quickly (assuming you have a high atk spd). Now for avernals/dungeons this is quite good. I can run through EH nm within first set of buffs, whereas with full INT I would use 2buff rounds.

3. Now say we take mages highest and most used skill, flame explosion. 2seconds to sit and grrrrrrrRRRRRAAAAHHHHHH ~casts~ is quite meh.. If you build up Kyanites, say 4 flawless, how much time off of the 2seconds would this take off? 2second-20%? Is it possible to make this skill almost insta-cast? If you had a 250% cast speed / 300% atkspd mage (assuming this skill was instacastable at this cast speed %), would this be something to gear toward? Or am I thinking about this all wrong?

Just asking as mages are quite underpowered in this game, imho. Yes they are a nice ladder/mortal dungeon support char, but when it comes down to it, mage is pretty bland (compared to other games where there's several routes to take on mage build). I miss the battle mage side .. high crits/passives etcc.. mage does need more "rogue"ish passives etc... So far, pure agi-mage is a bit more fun to play (vs full int), at least for me. Just want some thoughts on this.
            1.might take a while to see results, GET blessing of like broken seal instead with crit rate and dmg souls(cruetly and simplicity), use garnets in weapon and zodiac armor, fire opals in offhand and ring( using orange ring ).

2.Magic missle nuff said 0 cast time little mp and with 51% crit rate and 300 crit dmg (66% crit and 350% dmg with BOL SB)
            2 from shots is all it takes( metero[5] and maste flame burst[5] if you like a lilttle variety.

3. read 2

personally i gave up the passive attak skill for self healing.
            IGN:(K1)TheDemo
            Class: Mage
            Plane: Eidolon
            Level:150
            Honor rank: Emperor

Swag is for boys, Class is for men.
            Let your freak flag fly

Comment

If you think mage is underpowered, then you're obviously not playing ur class properly.

When it comes to PvP Mage and Rogue is OP.

Rogue is good in 1v1 like Apoloymi said but mage is "AOE". With Mage's attack (if you have low attack when ur lv 110 eido then read my first line) you can wipe out few players at once.

Originally posted by venomeh View Post
              Wait what?! What did I just read..? Mages underpowered? I suggest learning to play the class before saying anything like that if you don't wanna seem totally ridiculous. Mages definitely doesn't need more passives/power than they already have.
              Originally posted by Apoloymi View Post
              Mages are more Over Powered then Rouges

Rouges attack 1v1, whereas mages can do 1v4+ players with their passive skill making them more powerful then Rouges. There are 2 Mages on my server that are between lev120 -124 that can kill me with their passive skill. Even a Rouges stuns you your passive will kill them, unless they are a hugely cashed out Rouge.

But over all Mages are the OP class, then its Rouges.

Comment

My matk is fine. I'm all agi, so I have no INT boost on matk, but I'm around 30k from soul/gems. I do have eden/pf2 socketed , currently nothing in necklace, but working on 4immac pinkys for ring for 60% atk spd boost. my crit with bol5 is around 800(60%) and crit dmg runs around 210%.. i do plan to opal for the dmg boost after ring. What passive are you talking about? The freeze? If so, mine's lv5, 20% chance.. yet it RARELY freezes players, though mobs freeze left and right. Unless your super OP mage, aoe's cannot take out several people around your levels unless they have horrid defense.. Knights are a pain to kill due to their defense, plus bloodlust is a pain too.. and they can debuff ice crystal. Even tho we have same amt of attack, they have 3x the defense. I've got all my crit soul at lv10. All other nodes are at least 6 (mostly light), the rest are 7 or higher. All my defensive nodes are 8, working on ice immortality, which is lv7 currently.. Yet pdef sucks.. no buff/blessing , runs about 7k. From max'ing the rest of the defensive nodes, it would grant me about 12k total. Seems kinda low for full defense node soul max, so guess Imma have to attempt +14 on robe or orange robe. I'm currently trying towards orange ring/gloves, and its rediculous fail amount. Took 8 synth's to get a fair purg glove, 9 for a fair ring. Already attempted 6 orange gloves, no luck. Eventually ..
                but yes, most of the ppl who do seng or whatnot enjoy honour farming.. Therefore every1 is spread out.. and 8/10 times it is a 1on1 I'm dealing with as we meet up. Rogues/rangers/priests I can mostly 1-2shot with meteor a pew, assuming I see the rogue first. But knights are the ones I'm having troubles with. Shadow rogues I gave up on as it's instant death for me. Passive don't freeze em but once or twice a month (2seng a day, every day), and even with 1100 (50 some %) dodge, cannot escape the stun. Is the lv5 freeze passive bugged or something? My buddy has lv4 (16%chance) and his freezes quite often. Idk, it's weird :#

Comment

Are you talking about passive freeze as icicle armor? That's only 5% chance to get triggered while you're being attacked... says a lot about your knowledge about your own lvl 110 eido mage... 5% chance is low, on average once every 20hits, where our pvp fights only lasts 1-3 hits, so it's obvious it won't trigger that often.

If you think you got low defence, why not go for defence sperion? If you have the same amount of atk as a knight, then you obviously need to work more on your atk too. A mage has the highest atk in the game and they serve as a nuker (though the highest damage over a time are done by rogue due to their double hits).

I'm not gonna tell you what to do or not, but going full agi really lowers and hurts you matk. A mage is not made to dodge but to nuke. Agi might increase your dodge n crit rate(?), but in pvp that dodge won't help you at all...

Comment

Originally posted by R24523725 View Post
                    If you think mage is underpowered, then you're obviously not playing ur class properly.

When it comes to PvP Mage and Rogue is OP.

Rogue is good in 1v1 like Apoloymi said but mage is "AOE". With Mage's attack (if you have low attack when ur lv 110 eido then read my first line) you can wipe out few players at once.
                    With all the new contents R2 are given, the OP classes are rogues and rangers IMO. The perf frag X and frag fusion made it that they ridiculously high atk (even thou mages still outbeat them but the difference is quite small) without compensating it with any defence contents. It made that ranger (with highest range) can attack and kill b4 other reaches them, and their passive immunity and remove negative debuff skill makes it even harder to kill them. You finally manage to stun them then they get released and immune and you die (a pvp doesn't last longer than 1-2s nowadays). Well I hope R2 implements new conents with defence stuff to balance it out better.

Comment

so i had a few ARC to spare so i tried out your AGi mage idea. Conclusion:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	unused.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1672326 Unassigned

Name:	full int.jpg
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1672327 Pure Int

Name:	pure agi.jpg
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1672328 Pure Agi

the small increases in hit,dodge and crit can be covered by broken seal blessing of light or enchanced control guild skill in my opinion as for pve no comment, wasn't that big a difference, pvp on the other hand the lost of matk and mdef made fighting other mages and priest a pain...took more hits than usual if it was full int.(using magic missile as main attack)
                      IGN:(K1)TheDemo
                      Class: Mage
                      Plane: Eidolon
                      Level:150
                      Honor rank: Emperor

Swag is for boys, Class is for men.
                      Let your freak flag fly

Comment

so i had a few ARC to spare so i tried out your AGi mage idea. Conclusion:
                        Name: unused.jpg
                        Views: 4
                        Size: 25.3 KB Unassigned
                        Name: full int.jpg
                        Size: 18.0 KB Pure Int
                        Name: pure agi.jpg
                        Size: 17.7 KB Pure Agi

the small increases in hit,dodge and crit can be covered by broken seal blessing of light or enchanced control guild skill in my opinion as for pve no comment, wasn't that big a difference, pvp on the other hand the lost of matk and mdef made fighting other mages and priest a pain...took more hits than usual if it was full int.(using magic missile as main attack)
                        Going by your Un-assigned points I would that you haven't brought your Agi nods compared to the MATK nods. If you flat lev9-lev10 your Agi nods you would see much more of difference when going Full Agi.

There are Mages on my server that have bought up their Agi Nods and have now split the point between MATK and Agi and are very powerful.
                        APOLOYMI
                        MARRIED TO ♥♥♥♥ SHADOWGAMMADRACO ♥♥♥♥
                        LEVEL180 EIDOLON SHADOW ROGUE

GUILD: The Spartans
                        (S44)PSYCHODELICA
                        GEN3 KYUBI

Helpful Posts and Ideas that i have made, check them out

Comment

Working...
                        X