Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Any limit on number of players on servers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any limit on number of players on servers?

I wonder if CS has started to put a limit on the number of players entering the servers.

Before Christmas I had no problems at all playing the game. Since then though I keep getting a white screen with "This page can't be displayed", "make sure you have correct web address", refresh page in a few minutes.

When I do get logged in I keep freezing when changing maps, entering dungeons, and training ground.

This occurs even after clearing cache, and cookies etc.

As it stands it appears that another paying customer will have to stop playing if this isn't sorted out.

This occurs on the Belas Chasm server.

If there is a limit on players I think more effort needs to be made to remove all the annoying bots. e.g 3 identical lvl 71 bots on instance 2,3, and 4 of Timosia Delta, all using the cheat for the torches. All 3 with rubbish names. These bots are not hard to spot so why isn't anything done about them?

Even if they do something about it the keep making new ones over and over, its just easy if they track down the ip addresses of those bot's source and ip ban them.

Comment

vis have u ever heard of vpn service? that masks your ip address and theres loads of companies providing vpn service. its as easy and setting up a new account or switching vpn provider. that idea wont stop them.

Comment

Originally posted by visualkei2 View Post
        Even if they do something about it the keep making new ones over and over, its just easy if they track down the ip addresses of those bot's source and ip ban them.
        If it was that simple these bots would be gone a long time ago , R2 has to be very careful deleting and banning because if any legitimate player where to be deleted or banned in the process it would make some people very unhappy. Believe it or not these bots do get sweeped however more are created in their place and until the source of the bots is found and removed completely. doing all of that work to clear out a few bots that will just be recreated in a few days is redundant.

Comment

With all respect MisterCuddles the bots I mentioned were all level 71 and it takes quite a while to get to that level. So I guess it is quite a long time since the last sweep! Perhaps more time should be spent doing sweeps instead of introducing more and more mounts.

However that still does not answer the main question of the title. Why are people now finding it hard to get into game. What has changed since before Christmas because there were still many bots before Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by visualkei2 View Post
            For the record, it isn't impossible to completely block botters... Killercombo has done it, and so has Jagex with Runescape at the very least... If they can do it, it is only a matter of time before R2 does it for Cs and their other games!
            Game:Crystal Saga
            Server:S58 Holorn Cliff
            IGN:S58-AquaShock
            Level: 198-Eidolon
            Class: Knight
            Guild: (S6)Insidious

"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution"
            -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCuddles View Post
              If it was that simple these bots would be gone a long time ago , R2 has to be very careful deleting and banning because if any legitimate player where to be deleted or banned in the process it would make some people very unhappy. Believe it or not these bots do get sweeped however more are created in their place and until the source of the bots is found and removed completely. doing all of that work to clear out a few bots that will just be recreated in a few days is redundant.
              you do know that names consisting of gibberish is against tos and can have an account permanently suspended right? players should know better than to make alts with gibberish names. if r2 properly enforced the tos then they could easily put a huge dent in the "bots" efforts.

Comment

Working...
              X