suggestion for corruption

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stegzy View Post
    to stop people farming it all day remove keys and make it the same 5 runs a day problrm solved
    ^ Exactly, just make it a normal dungeon as the other! Like Ladder, Like Magic Tower, Like Void and loads more..
    Server: (S73)Green Plains
    IGN: (S73)Aura
    Level: 180 eido
    Class: Rogue
    Guild: 憎悪 (Hatred)

"You can read, but knowledge is only information.
    Wisdom is translating that knowledge to application."

K - Rino

Comment

Originally posted by R2349858 View Post
      An all day event as in being able to do the 5 runs we have now at any time of the day, no one is asking for unlimited amount of runs.
      Pretty much this. Unlimited amount is very unrealistic; however, being able to do 5 a day at any time would be the same as being able to do spernal 5 times a day anytime a person can have time for(only difference is the battle master will be the npc instead of the ghost x) )

In retrospect, deleting keys will make the intermediate area between npc and corrupt floor more useless than the mouse when it was first introduce. So on the flip side, since the monster only has a key drop assign to it, one can always make the drop rate 100%. Even at the worst scenario, it should still be possible to get 5 keys to do a run in the allotted time(assuming it doesn't last all day.) Although might sound easy on paper, but since drop rate was increase at a prior date, there can be some hope on that matter. [ also assuming that the drop rate is not related to anything.)

Comment

Corruption open all day, 5 run limit, no keys, simple.
        'Do transformers get car or life insurance?'

Comment

Regarding the corruption event. We don't want players farming it all day every day. That's the main reason why things have been the way they are. However, we do want to make it more accessible. Please continue this conversation here. I will be following this conversation.
          Well if the keys were taken out all together, then there would be no need to farm to start with.

You could also add the key into the corruption packs if you are concerned about people afking in there. But honestly just put it back to how it was... turn the AFK back on, there was nothing wrong the event how it was, and now no one can even get keys at all, because of the class i am....KNIGHTS with Fight On
          (V1)Flashnight
          Level160
          Class Knight
          Guild Spartans

Comment

TBH "farming" corruption is no easy task and the majority of the items are bound anyway, the only possible things you could farm, if it was an open all day event like any other dungeon would be the runes of evil, heavens and dragon crystals.

That being said and the amount you get isnt all that great anyway unless you can go all the way to lvl 10 everytime.

Your worried about alts farming corruption for DC's and runes, well look at the amount of stats required to do that, a player would have to cash quite a lot to get an alt enough power to farm them.

You get more DC's from psyco dungeon with a few more alts and its easy to get an alt strong enough to do it.

The main issues players have with corruption,

They arent fast enough to get all 5 runs done in the time youve given.

Many people are asleep or at work or both during the times youve set the event.

the best solution is to open it up as an all day event just like a dungeon.

The main problems with the keys,

The drop rate is horrid

Many players arent as fast as some of the op players, so they run around like idiots not getting anything at all and the only mob they get to before an op player dosent drop a damn thing.

The best solution is to either get rid of the keys altogether or make it a little like chambers of fate where you have to buy the keys with gold and give the xtal users the option to buy more if they see fit.

cmon R2 if your not gonna hand over a new RB at least give us somethin lol
            Last edited by Reverie; 06-16-2015, 11:22 AM. Reason: Posts merged.
            DeathDealer
            Legends Praetorian

Caesar's personal Assassin

Married to the best priest in the game

DEATH WILL COME FOR YOU

Comment

Several players this morning was discussing the issues/problems with corruption, many of these are what we would call OP and they all made the same point that corruption isn't being made accessible too all players due too the major issues of keys.
              I first tried corruption at approx lvl 80 eid and succeeded in getting a key after almost 30 minutes due too not being very fast or strong compared too most of the other players who were afk farming keys.
              Unless your pretty strong the bosses in corruption will take a while too beat and not everybody has alot of time too spend doing events and dungeons in 1 sitting especially when you consider other commitments such as work, house-work children etc.
              This is where the Idea of making corruption more of a dungeon type event as in x5 runs too be completed anytime during the day is very appealing, It wipes out the need to farm ridiculous amounts of keys and also opens up content to a wide range of players who due to timezone, family commitments or any number of real life situations never had a chance to do corruption and to start collecting whatever items you get from killing the bosses. (only ever did corruption twice due to keys and waiting around trying to get a priest buff).
              And i cannot stress enough how refreshing it was to be a part of this discussion in world chat with several players who are OP and seemed too actually care about the community and not just ranting cause getting keys was made a little bit more difficult.
              Players like DeathDealer, RiverSong and Jabus all players who have helped me in the past with advice whenever i've needed it, Even though we all play in a PVP server we are all still part of the same community.

Comment

well said and awesome suggestions +1

Comment

i spended a whole hour to get 1 key.. a rogue is rlly disadvantaged in this area for keys... and in the end.. i just leave it till r2 makes a better solution, i don't even use the keys i have because if it's gonna take another 2 years to find a solution i rather keep the 41 i have in my bags till i can do all lvls

and the op at my server don't care... just a small group, tho the op are mages and knights so they don't have anything against this way of corr.. they aoe and have half the map dead... so i would like if they don't change the acces for people who have other hours then the event .. that they just leave the misserable keys out of it.. make it like lddr... but don't make the mistake that you can only do it 1time a day #04

Originally posted by Death.Dealer View Post
                  TBH "farming" corruption is no easy task and the majority of the items are bound anyway, the only possible things you could farm, if it was an open all day event like any other dungeon would be the runes of evil, heavens and dragon crystals.

That being said and the amount you get isnt all that great anyway unless you can go all the way to lvl 10 everytime.

Your worried about alts farming corruption for DC's and runes, well look at the amount of stats required to do that, a player would have to cash quite a lot to get an alt enough power to farm them.[.....]
                  ^wise man, and plays this game a long time r2.... and it's bloody time you listen to your players, we don't say these things for our pleasure.. if you wanna improve the game then also look at suggestion tabs.. these r things that been said over and over..and if there where still gm's in the servers you would have known this.. because it's almsot a daily topic in the sercers to "04
                  Last edited by Reverie; 06-17-2015, 09:45 AM. Reason: Posts merged / shortened quote.
                  Spouse:Yangin ♥ Femaso ~//~ StarFrost ♥ AngelOfWrath
                  Guild: Yangin: Somnium,AGM ~//~Starfrost in SoR
                  Lvl: 160 Eido Rogue ~//~ lvl 120 Bm Hybrid
                  Pets: A Lot!!
                  Sperion:Superior Eternal lvl 120
                  Server: S59 Riggie, S68 Yangin, S64 StarFrost
                  Wings: Divine Wings
                  Weapon: Immortal Aug
                  Pixie: Celestial Stage
                  Mount: lvl 20 Jiyaori- lvl 20 kyuubi

Spawn Off DeathDealer and AngelBlade

Be yourself, Don't let them walk over yourself...
                  Be Happy..Never give up..

Comment

What needs to be done in corruption is take away the keys and make it like every other dungeon were we can do this at our own time that will make more sense than what it is right now!!!!! Think R2 it is not hard to code this so why not try to work on it!! Makes a lot of sense

Comment

Originally posted by R2CS_Rob View Post
                      It's highly unlikely that this will ever be an all-day event unless there's a restriction on the number of attempts players can enter corruption. Removing the keys is a possibility if there's some other restrictions in place.
                      There already is a restriction to 5x per day, it's not rocket science to remove the keys, make the event an all day event and keep it to 5x entry per day.
                      (S36)Auroria
                      160+ Eidolon Knight
                      Apocolypse Co-leader
                      (S36)JustinMazing's Wife <3

Comment

Working...
                      X