ALL Mage Buff Skills= Turn them to AOE Party/Adjust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL Mage Buff Skills= Turn them to AOE Party/Adjust

There are a few mage skills I'd like to see turned to AOE /Party capability and few others adjusted then made to AOE /party mode
    Have always been asked to give people buffs as well randomly.
    Think would fit into the crystal saga origin story. Rangers gave mages powers with bunch chanting, why can't mages adjust their chanting a bit when casting spells for it to work on others too?

As the Undead War Chief began to laugh in madness, in anticipation of his impending victory, the Elves and Mages stopped their resistance, and the adult elves began to chant a song of elegant grace, and the bodies of the Mages began to light up in violet flames. Under the guidance of the Crystal of Life, they floated to the heavens as their bodies emitted a faint radiance, the hazy radiance going from faint to bright. The Undead War Chief perceived the new threat and vainly attempted to thwart them. Hundreds of lights lit up, like a clear starry night, not only lighting up the heavens, but also the hearts of men. It was then that humanity knew how insignificant their own power was; it was then that they became conscious of the fact that to protect was the true essence of power. As the Elves and Mages used the power of life as their guide, the Crystal of Life emitted a brilliant radiance. And in an instant, the brilliant radiance flooded the forest, flooded the night, flooded the heavens, and finally flooded the planet.
    The changes suggesting would still keep the mages basic strengths and weaknesses aligned .Mages as a class are described as:
    Weaknesses

Unlike knights, mages have little physical defense and, like priests, are prone to losing mana, thus losing the fight. Even more so than priests, they must be tactful when encountering melee classes and monsters. When they lose their health, they cannot simply regenerate it.
    Strengths

Mages excel at AoE clearing and do possess significant status effects in their arsenal, for example stuns and slows. Although mages do have a problem with mana usage and low physical defense, there are skills to help out the mage in these aspects.

Main Ones:
    Demon's Wrath

Click image for larger version

Name:	demonswrath.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1777987

Frost/Flame Shield

Name:	flameshield.jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	1777988Click image for larger version

Name:	frost.jpg
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1777989

Mana Breeze

Name:	manabreeze.jpg
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	1777990

Ones switched to AOE and Adjusted
    *Passive still*Deep Freeze - radius 400-500, semi close to promote teamwork/mages usually stand by priests, then gain a bunch aggro for how much dmg put out, priests need more matk in places/been requesting for a while

Name:	deepfreeze.jpg
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	1777992

*Passive still*Alarcity - Radius of 800-1000

Name:	alarcity.jpg
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	1777991

*switched to cast or retain *Passive still*"Resolution: Remove the HP negative. maybe add a casting speed and attack speed bonus

Name:	resolution.jpg
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1777993

basically almost the full right trees on Ice and Fire

*Random Idea, Would like Mages Heal stats to potentially be included in one of these skills to increase something/lend healing energy+stats to priests and anyone around that's not with minor heal when attack like the drive buff in exolorn hollows - if demons wrath can't be made to a 30 minute buff, then this would be nice addition to demons wrath as well as the aoe buff friendly or party only.*not getting the drive like buff themselves=the mage*unless maybe cast on from another mage

few others could have that type thing done to, will update in a bit.
    What do players think? any feedback or ideas to infuse into it?

some of my thoughts on it. mages are from heavenly isles..keep getting piety stuff. sharing is caring if going to reference them as divine but cursed because lost focus

Player Feedback in servers:

Name:	Feedback.jpg
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	1777984

Still would like thoughts posted in forum lol /sure there might be more to say about some details. since some of this thread I might suggest some odd things. and community might come up with some unique stuff. can't make promises to changes, just a suggestion thread but will help gather votes etc like on previous ones to help facilitate where I can
    Naise!
    33.33%
    could use some work but I'm in!
    16.67%
    Naw
    50.00%
    Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 11-01-2015, 04:50 PM.

NEAT Ideeas !!! I really like them !!!!

Since i dont own a mage i dont quite know those skills but i belive knights should be able to buff others as well they do in most games so why dont they change the party hp buff for aoe buff everyone near like priests?

Beastmasters Blessing of Ancients would be cool if it were party mode, also beastmasters Battle Shout should be changed from aoe buff to party buff i see no reason this should buff your rivals into avernal and other events like this!

Beastmaster's EarthShield would also be cool as an aoe!

Rangers are ok!

Priests are ok !

Rogues dont have any buffs they could share!

This way the game would be more user friendly since Crystal Saga turned into Solo land for all events only ladder ppl still do teamed in rest in became a game you play alone and chat on world chat !

Also again love your ideea, tough i have never seen any good sugestion taken and implemented so i dont understand why you keep thinking these good ideeas even i tried to suggest few minor things but with support or not they just wont even look at it! And they say alot of support its needed then what happened to the hide icons future? Has enough support, oh well let me stop here xD

Comment

Originally posted by FateAverruncus View Post
      NEAT Ideeas !!! I really like them !!!!

Since i dont own a mage i dont quite know those skills but i belive knights should be able to buff others as well they do in most games so why dont they change the party hp buff for aoe buff everyone near like priests?

Beastmasters Blessing of Ancients would be cool if it were party mode, also beastmasters Battle Shout should be changed from aoe buff to party buff i see no reason this should buff your rivals into avernal and other events like this!

Rangers are ok!

Priests are ok !

Rogues dont have any buffs they could share!

This way the game would be more user friendly since Crystal Saga turned into Solo land for all events only ladder ppl still do teamed in rest in became a game you play alone and chat on world chat !

Also again love your ideea, tough i have never seen any good sugestion taken and implemented so i dont understand why you keep thinking these good ideeas even i tried to suggest few minor things but with support or not they just wont even look at it! And they say alot of support its needed then what happened to the hide icons future? Has enough support, oh well let me stop here xD

Thanks for the feedback! Can find a details list of how all the skills work in http://crystalsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Mage
      might try copying some of it over to this page in few min

Comment

I can understand Flame/Frost shield but the rest are kinda passive mage skills! Whats the point on making em buffs?! It's like going on every class and ask for the right skill tree to be made buff like! In the end it kinda loses the purpose of the classes being unique!

Also it's good making suggestions but don't get your hopes up! Support it's almost like it doesnt work!Send a ticket just for a skill to work like it's described and it's gone 3months and there's no progress at all!
        Don't get me mentioning what happens on S88 right now!!!
        Last edited by pappody; 11-01-2015, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pappody View Post
          I can understand Flame/Frost shield but the rest are kinda passive mage skills! Whats the point on making em buffs?! It's like going on every class and ask for the right skill tree to be made buff like! In the end it kinda loses the purpose of the classes being unique!

Also it's good making suggestions but don't get your hopes up! Support it's almost like it doesnt work!Send a ticket just for a skill to work like it's described and it's gone 3months and there's no progress at all!
          Don't get me mentioning what happens on S88 right now!!!
          The stuff that's been happening on the other server has been reported and is being investigated

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...uperEmpowering
          super empowering
          Simply put, the ability to give someone else an ability. It can be a super power, magic, or even oddball abilities.

There's five variants of this:

Characters that are so powerful they can give fragments of their power to others. — Genies, gods, really powerful wizards.
          A character can gift the entirety of their own power to another, either permanently if about to die, or temporarily.
          Supercharge someone else's existing powers with a Combined Energy Attack or Super Mode much like a living Amplifier Artifact.
          A character can turn another person into one of their own kind, powers and all. Usually it's a Viral Transformation, be it a vampire or werewolf's bite, an Emergency Transformation spell, a blood donation or a witch training an apprentice.
          Sufficiently Advanced Aliens, The Fair Folk, or someone similar can tinker with someone's existance, genetics, soul, or similar to grant them abilities. Less advanced organizations can make similar attempts (Cyborgs are expensive) with less chance of success.

Instant armor:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InstantArmor

Spellblade:
          A type of Status Buff spell seen in some RPGs that temporarily imbues the user's weapon with magic, letting them deal out elemental damage or cause Standard Status Effects with their attacks. Among other uses, this is one method to create a Flaming Sword. Usually a preferred tactic of the Magic Knight.
          http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpellBlade

can keep it instant/passive on some. like a battle aura

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...lementalWeapon
          A weapon created or empowered by the use of Elemental Powers, like a sword wreathed in flames or a spear made of ice. One reason is to give an already deadly weapon extra edge. Another reason is that it simply looks totally freakin' cool. An elemental weapon may be able to absorb and deflect its own element or inflict damage associated with it (like electrocution by an electric-based weapon). These weapons are often done via Spontaneous Weapon Creation,

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicKnight

teamwork is main reason
          Most mages are of the Squishy Wizard variety, able to work eldritch wonders but not take a punch. And most warriors are Magically Inept Fighters, able to deal and take devastating damage, but his range is limited to the length of his weapon. But who said you can't have the best of both worlds? Whether he's a wizard who picked up a melee weapon and some spiffy armor, or a warrior who learned to cast a few spells, this guy is every bit as deadly with both spell and sword.

For the purposes of game balance, he'll either be weaker at spell and sword than a pure fighter or mage, generally slower, somehow otherwise limited to being defensive, or he'll be The Hero, who is expected to be the most powerful character anyway. Usually, the Magic Knight will specialize in a particular class of magic (attack or healing, for instance), effectively making him a hybrid of only two "classes", rather than being an out-and-out "Jack" of all trades. However, being a total Jack-of-All-Stats is also possible, depending on the game.

Another form of balance may be found in their spell loadout. Instead of the wide variety of spells a normal spellcaster can use, they tend to focus on Status Buffs and direct attack spells. Other typical abilities for this class may include infusing their bodies or weapons with elemental powers. Doing the same with Standard Status Effects is not unknown either.

Older Than Print, as the Norse god Odin (who also made the Robe and Wizard Hat convention), was both an accomplished wizard and a powerful warrior.

The Paladin is a Magic Knight who's centered around Holy powers and fighting the forces of darkness. The Black Knight or Tin Tyrant may be one of these, usually with a focus of Necromancy and spells of darkness. Wizards that use their fists and feet instead of swords and shields go under Kung-Fu Wizard, Knights who use a bow instead of magic apply for Bow and Sword, in Accord, and those who favor firearms or a bow and arrow fall under Mage Marksman. Contrast Armor and Magic Don't Mix. A Magic Knight whose magic focuses on healing is a form of Combat Medic.

See also the Magical Girl Warrior sister trope/genre for magical girls (of which the Rayearth girls are a part, by the way) who use magic, sparkly weapons, frilly armor, and The Power of Friendship to kick evil's ***.
          Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 11-01-2015, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Fully agree with this idea it would make crystal saga a more friendly game and help many players.I remeber getting buff jut to get debuffed by Hitomi.This would help through dungeons and not only will mages be benefited but other classes as well.
            Originally posted by FateAverruncus View Post
            I partly agree with this and partly disagree because even I get Buff in AR which helps but when you look the other ay the one buffing might not want you to have it as it might give you the edge other him or her.
            ''Never Judge A Book By It's Cover''

Comment

There already is an AOE attack damage buff. It's called Circle of Power. The release of beast soul, and the resulting lifedrain ability all toon's now have has already severely decreased the power of a priest. Making other classes into buffers would destroy all usefullness for the priest. So....I think this is a bad idea. A terrible one, in fact, that destroys what little balance remains.

Comment

Working...
              X