Closing the gap on wings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing the gap on wings

The new wings look great and I'm sure people who have cashed a lot and/or worked really hard for a while are really excited about getting these new wings especially once we get the event that will give away some of those Divine Feathers (we know there's an event coming, there always is ). However, it does make the gap along the other players more noticeable, so here is kind of a compilation of suggestions that have been made, along with details and reasoning.

1 - Make EW drop in dungeons.

EWs can already be acquired in Lucky Guess, Rebirth Pack, avernal and treasure trove. However the first one only gives you 1 EW, and the other 3 only give you EW if you're lucky. It's already been suggested that we should have a dungeon that drops them.

Now, to keep it fair for people who have maxed Ultimate Demonlord wings, it can't be too easy for the rest of us. They worked hard, we should too - just not as hard since it's natural for a game to become easier as it progresses. I recommend having it drop in Purgatory and Exelorn Nightmare. This ensures that there isn't too much of an abundance of EWs in the market, while still allowing those people who already have maxed wings to benefit as they'll pretty much be the sole supplier of these dungeon-earned wings to the market.

Drop rate:
    Exelorn NM: 100% for killing Pride. Just 1.
    Purgatory Hard: one of the bosses (don't care which) is guaranteed to drop 1.
    Purgatory Nightmare: one of the easier bosses is guaranteed to drop 1, and the terrifyingly strong judge will drop 1-3.

Doing this will add more EWs to the market, and hopefully reduce the market price now that the supply is greater.

2 - Wing Extravaganza
    Never mind this now as it has been implemented

Of course the new wings (and mount) should be added to the extravaganza. People like rewards and you should be letting your cashers earn some Divine feathers for their effort

3 - A limited, but permanent, EW exchange.

Scion/Eidolon only to reduce alt abuse, no level requirement so that people who recently rebirthed don't feel left out. The amount required is increased so that way if the EW exchange event comes back, it still feels special.

45 HW to 1 EW (bound), 3-5 attempts a day.

This allows those who are too weak to dungeon themselves, and too poor to buy, to at least slowly (very slowly) accumulate EWs by doing the easier dungeons.

Suggestions 1 and 3 are really to help people catch up a bit faster to the maxed Demonlord. Suggestion 2 is to be nice to cashers as they deserve some reward for helping keep the game afloat through their donations. It goes without saying that divine feathers should not (for now) be dropped in dungeons or permanent events - only special events and cash shop. This ensures that cash players get the advantage they are entitled to for their support of the game for the time being by letting them have the cool new stuff first.

PS: helping players get to the new wings a bit faster (as this would only reduce the time spent accumulating EW by a little bit) would help R2 as well as it'd mean more players would need Divine Feathers faster - which being a cash and special event shop only item would require people to buy from cashers
    Last edited by (S14)Squintina; 02-22-2013, 11:28 AM. Reason: To add "bound" to suggestion 3 in order to reflect the new permanent gmut exchange
    (S14)Squintina
    LVL 140 eidolon hybrid holy-focus priest

(S14)Bluespark
    LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

^-^ + 1,000,000 On this. Seems like a very good idea to have ew drop in dungeons. Wouldn't go broke so quick by spamming upgrades and buying so much EW XD
    • Server - Bloodfog Valley, aka (S17)
    • Character - Krissy729
    • Class - Hybrid Priest
    • Plane - Eidolon
    • Level - 108+
    I'm a noobc:
    Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco
    they didn't MAKE the Original version of the game. any changes to the core game they have to dispute with main copyright owners in various ways most likely which takes time.
    Now stop complaining about seng plz c:...

Remember when they said that what we want could never be done?
    Well look who's laughing now
    We'll do that what we want to... <3

Comment

Already know I'm on my alt..but great suggestions. Would not mind seeing at least some form of these implemented eventually.
      Twilight Caverns
      59 hybrid mage
      There will be no tomorrow if we don't use the lessons of the past to survive today.

Comment

45 HW to 1 EW o.o are EW 40+ g on older servers? You still have to get lucky and win lucky guess to get the EW.
        Last edited by Helldemon83; 02-02-2013, 12:48 AM.

Comment

I disagree. everything is the perfect the way it is now. do not make any changes.
          Just because some people cant afford wings doesn't mean R2games ruined the game.
          I suggest that you buy some tissues and cry instead. trust me that'll make you feel better. if you cant afford tissues as well, i'll gladly buy them for you.
          Last edited by SirGahalant; 02-02-2013, 06:25 AM.

Comment

I disagree only with the 45 hw to 1 ew. It should have been 15 to 1 our ewings in our server they sell in shops at around 13-18g. Hw are 30s but I suggest it to be 15 hw to 1 ew not even depending on the prices (<----- too lazy to do math when I just woke up)
            Last edited by GonGirl; 02-02-2013, 08:29 AM.
            I'm not usually active so my stats are the same.

IGN (S12)Tcaty
            Class Shadow Rogue
            Level 55+
            Plane Mortal (obv.)
            Honor Earl

Well, that's about it! Have a fantastic day...

Comment

Originally posted by Helldemon83 View Post
              45 HW to 1 EW o.o are EW 40+ g on older servers? You still have to get lucky and win lucky guess to get the EW.
              No, as I explained it's to allow the EW event to stay special if it comes back, and to be fair to people who've worked hard on their angel and demilord wings by not making it too easy on us.

As for your question:
              In my server, you can buy Hw for 35s.
              45*.35= 15.75
              and in my server EWs are anywhere between 13 and 17g.

But I didn't even think about pricing when I chose 45. I thought about what'd be a fair progression for the game. Suggestions that aren't thought out and don't give a good progression are unlikely to be considered.
              (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
              LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Originally posted by GonGirl View Post
                I disagree only with the 45 hw to 1 ew. It should have been 15 to 1 our ewings in our server they sell in shops at around 13-18g. Hw are 30s but I suggest it to be 15 hw to 1 ew not even depending on the prices (<----- too lazy to do math when I just woke up)
                15 * .30 gold (or 30s) = 4.5 gold. You said in your server EW are 13-18, so 4.5 would be a BIG jump down.

Anyway, I don't care about server prices. I chose a number to allow a steady, but still somewhat appealing, progression for the game. Everyone scion+ getting 3 daily EW, plus the strong-ish players get the 1 EW x 5 or 8 (nonvip or vip) for exelorn, plus all the really strong players getting EW from purg would allow a bit of an increase of supply in the market, without making it exorbitant enough that EWs would just become a regular commodity.
                (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
                LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Originally posted by SirGahalant View Post
                  I disagree. everything is the perfect the way it is now. do not make any changes.
                  Just because some people cant afford wings doesn't mean R2games ruined the game.
                  I suggest that you buy some tissues and cry instead. trust me that'll make you feel better. if you cant afford tissues as well, i'll gladly buy them for you.
                  It's a natural progression for games to make it easier for new people to catch up as it gets older. This would only slightly increase the supply of EW.

And btw I can afford to buy EW. I personally have no problem upgrading whenever I feel like it.
                  (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
                  LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Originally posted by (S14)Squintina View Post
                    It's a natural progression for games to make it easier for new people to catch up as it gets older. This would only slightly increase the supply of EW.

And btw I can afford to buy EW. I personally have no problem upgrading whenever I feel like it.
                    And personally have no problems at all charging REALLY HUGE amount of dollars on a game. i have done that alot.

Comment

And personally have no problems at all charging REALLY HUGE amount of dollars on a game. i have done that alot.
                      Please don't go off topic. This is not a thread about how much you cash, there are plenty of those and I don't care if you spend $10 or $1,000,000. It's your money. This is a thread about slightly, very slightly, closing the gap to help people reach ultimate demon lord wings a little bit faster. It'd still take nearly a year to get them without some casher help even if these changes were implemented.

And just because it's suggested doesn't mean that R2 will agree, and if R2 does agree, it doesn't mean they'll get permission from the original chinese owners. This was just created because in another thread it was recommended we make a suggestion thread, and not a complaint thread, if we wanted a chance at getting R2's attention.
                      Last edited by (S14)Squintina; 02-02-2013, 09:25 AM.
                      (S14)Squintina

(S14)Bluespark
                      LVL 55 eidolon ice mage

Guides

Comment

Originally posted by (S14)Squintina View Post
                        Please don't go off topic. This is not a thread about how much you cash, there are plenty of those and I don't care if you spend $10 or $1,000,000. It's your money. This is a thread about slightly, very slightly, closing the gap to help people reach ultimate demon lord wings a little bit faster. It'd still take nearly a year to get them without some casher help even if these changes were implemented.

And just because it's suggested doesn't mean that R2 will agree, and if R2 does agree, it doesn't mean they'll get permission from the original chinese owners. This was just created because in another thread it was recommended we make a suggestion thread, and not a complaint thread, if we wanted a chance at getting R2's attention.
                        I'm sorry i meant no offense to you. but people complaining about me and my spouse all over the forums kinda pisses me off.

Comment

I'm sorry i meant no offense to you. but people complaining about me and my spouse all over the forums kinda pisses me off.
                          Imma be honest here...if I had half your stats I'd be losing my mind lol. I wouldn't mind something along these lines being implemented. I've managed to save 130 or so EW so far, but that would take me to AL, if I'm lucky. Can't afford to cash with college and medical issues now, and buying wings, well, overpricing never helps v_v. Let's just see what others have to think though. I've rambled enough for one thread lol.
                          There will be no tomorrow should we fail to use the lessons of the past to survive today.

Crystal Saga
                          IGN: Codawg
                          Server: Celestial Haven
                          Guild: BrimStone
                          Class: Beastmaster
                          Random Stats: Weak. I'm weak, ok?
                          Wife: PinkPretty (she's not nice )
                          Level: Somewhere between noob and legend v-v

Comment

Gahalant u have to be getting bored on ur server all alone at the top right? Well wouldnt u like it if a few players was able to come in range of u and at least put up a bit of a fight? Im on S60, and im the #1 player there, and i could cash loads more but i dont becuase becoming as strong as u are so fast is really boring, now u have nothing to do, no point doing dungeons, no point doing seng or deli or anything u have no reason to do it. I still wanna have some challenge, dungeons be kinda difficult, players able to kill me if they team up and use some tactics. Makes the game alot more intresting.

Comment

not everyone is megamind
                              FLYING HEAVENLY DANCE

OREO
                              S32 FAITHFUL
                              COMBAT MORTAL LV28

Comment

Working...
                              X