Damage Reduction issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage Reduction issue

I wanna see some feedback about this particular issue. So after testing out many different things I've figured out one over sight in the game, damage reduction is applied only after everything else, unfortunately they do not count this as a defense. Assassin Thrust at level 5 ignores 100% of the enemies defense but this does not include reduction. The problem here is that any defense reducing skill used on a player with high defense where it would normally be worth while is no longer worth it. Because the damage reduction still kicks in and so if I hit for 40k ignoring defense and the person has 72% reduction my attack only lands 11.2k damage. How is there a damage reduction if there is no armor or defense stat to block the damage. It's a little like common sense but reductions would be a defense anyone else agree? If so support this thread and change reduction to a proper reduction and make it a defense stat.
    Server: Starglade
    Name: Lotussin
    Plain: Eidolon
    Lvl: 72 and more
    Guild: GM of DethKlok
    Class:Rogue
    Skill Tree: Shadow
    Pet: Demon King Gen 2/5 +13

Supported, Since to be honest its defence. After all if they play it like they have it sounds more like Dodge- since with no armour unless you have extremely thick skin I strongly doubt you will be able to reduce damage. The only way I can think about damage reduction coming after armour is if you dodge at the last second. Many real life points will even back it up, Hell since when did kelvar vest work as Damage Reduction, never or you would be dead. Just saying. Support from me.

Comment

Originally posted by JadedOblivion View Post
      I wanna see some feedback about this particular issue. So after testing out many different things I've figured out one over sight in the game, damage reduction is applied only after everything else, unfortunately they do not count this as a defense. Assassin Thrust at level 5 ignores 100% of the enemies defense but this does not include reduction. The problem here is that any defense reducing skill used on a player with high defense where it would normally be worth while is no longer worth it. Because the damage reduction still kicks in and so if I hit for 40k ignoring defense and the person has 72% reduction my attack only lands 11.2k damage. How is there a damage reduction if there is no armor or defense stat to block the damage. It's a little like common sense but reductions would be a defense anyone else agree? If so support this thread and change reduction to a proper reduction and make it a defense stat.
      immortality soul

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowGammaDraco View Post
        immortality soul
        I think you did'nt really answer the question or really feedback. He kinda asked whether it should count as defence and who agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by MakotoHyogo View Post
          I think you did'nt really answer the question or really feedback. He kinda asked whether it should count as defence and who agreed.
          and i answered it as. immortality soul.
          because is soul something you can really wear like equipment? "How is there a damage reduction if there is no armor or defense stat to block the damage."
          soul isn't a armor. there are some effects which can't really be messed with. like peoples forgiveness soul, a knight can't debuff someone of that with their skill. jade is "pro" so i shouldn't have to say more then "immortality soul".
          the same probably apply s to reduction %. its not calculated in the same effect as pdef and mdef #. its a separate modifier when calculated so it looks.
          class abilitys. sorta like rogues rogues vegabonds swiftness which gives 30% to dodge at level 1,slayers toughness, or improved slayers call. each class has its niche skills. jades just mad they aren't apex predator anymore and actually has to fight instead of things being easy.

that node says nothing about increasing my defense stat #, says dmg reduc. void is all about agility an stuff usually. mostly for rogues even. void soul. well they get a lot of use out of agility. more then other classes. i went full agility until level 30 on my rogue an it has as much dodge an crit as my lv 80 scion.
          ice soul provides some dmg reduc w defense stat. but thats ice soul -a different type. so before you ask for changes. maybe research how it'll actually effect your class endgame wise before asking it to change. wanting nerfs for everyone else just might end up epic nerfing you too.
          then for some of the bosses we fight. even those crazy stats aren't good enough.
          Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 07-23-2012, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Shadow I understand what you're trying to say but the counter to your argument would simply be that damage reduction is directly affected by the pdef and mdef stats. The higher your defense the higher your reduction however it is not a 100% translation but rather similar to that of a Dodge, Hit or Crit% it takes sooo much in one of these stats to earn 1% unlike the agility based stats which are decreased in % based on the level of the character, however the reductions maintain a steady % without decreasing in relation to level of the character. So your argument that I'm just mad is stupid and holds no grounds it's like I said before I argue against 1 hit kills and things that make no sense that includes the 2nd rebirth skill for rogues with a 30% chance to instant kill. Perhaps a moderator who is a bit more intellectual and not so focused on the dumb argument of my class is better but give a serious and legit answer could post.

Comment

Shadow I understand what you're trying to say but the counter to your argument would simply be that damage reduction is directly affected by the pdef and mdef stats. The higher your defense the higher your reduction however it is not a 100% translation but rather similar to that of a Dodge, Hit or Crit% it takes sooo much in one of these stats to earn 1% unlike the agility based stats which are decreased in % based on the level of the character, however the reductions maintain a steady % without decreasing in relation to level of the character. So your argument that I'm just mad is stupid and holds no grounds it's like I said before I argue against 1 hit kills and things that make no sense that includes the 2nd rebirth skill for rogues with a 30% chance to instant kill. Perhaps a moderator who is a bit more intellectual and not so focused on the dumb argument of my class is better but give a serious and legit answer could post.
              no its not
              your thread directly effects one of mages skills as well. frost shield which gives up to 20% at max level as a buff. doesn't factor towards my base defense . that would be a useless skill if you could counter it. thats why mages get that skill. because their pdef sucks so much they need the dmg reduc modifier.
              you used to brag all the time about your the biggest baddest best sneakiest killer. now your losing a bunch. an so you came here to do something about it. think that has everything to do with it since thats the reason your here.
              and i've always said each class has its ups and downs. some of these are needed to compensate against other classes. or bosses in dungeons. in effect i'm saying your only hurting yourself. and again w the stupid intellect comments like before lol. obviously you don't know how to play the game ur playing then if your here asking all these questions. maybe you should get off your high horse and approach it differently instead of always asking for people to be nerfed when you lose or can't compete because of something they achieved. if someone posted this about you. you woulda told them to get stronger. and oh wait . ya did. and you expect different? hah.

Comment

in effect i'm saying your only hurting yourself. and again w the stupid intellect comments like before lol. obviously you don't know how to play the game ur playing then if your here asking all these questions. maybe you should get off your high horse and approach it differently instead of always asking for people to be nerfed when you lose or can't compete because of something they achieved. if someone posted this about you. you woulda told them to get stronger. and oh wait . ya did. and you expect different? hah.
                That seems kinda personal to be honest, Should'nt we keep on topic Moderator rather than insulting each other.

As for the dreaded 'nerf-bat' he's actually saying the damage reduction should count in defence reducing skills, For instance the armour = Damage reduction (yes soul is in place i know but read this) However taking it off means your damage reduction is still part of your defences correct? So.. I can see his point- hes not requesting a nerf, just a look at something.

Comment

That seems kinda personal to be honest, Should'nt we keep on topic Moderator rather than insulting each other.

As for the dreaded 'nerf-bat' he's actually saying the damage reduction should count in defence reducing skills, For instance the armour = Damage reduction (yes soul is in place i know but read this) However taking it off means your damage reduction is still part of your defences correct? So.. I can see his point- hes not requesting a nerf, just a look at something.
                  which would create even more disadvantages between classes. and advantages on rogues against every class. an other classes with abilitys that already reduce your stuff and boost their stuff enough. which would =nerfs for some classes. then also not in pvp zone. but it would yes.4everyone. also dungeons with any type of boss that has defense nerf effects. like in BC. where the last boss zonks you hardcore

Comment

shadow you are quite possibly one of the most incompetent people I've seen on a forum I said "ICICLE ARMOR" not Frost Armor and it has a 5% chance to stun the enemy when a person attacks said person so go do your homework bud.

Comment

Damage reduction doesn't modify defense stats, it is it's own modifier based on incoming attacks. It is for that reason alone that even someone with no armor and very little defense is able to block a portion of incoming damage when all defense is ignored.

Both the damage reduction and the rogue skill look like they are working as intended, so my opinion on the matter is if damage reduction is included as a defense stat and able to be ignored, then the rogue skill would need to be adjusted from 100% to something less to compensate. It's all about balance- if you change one thing, everything else related to it must change as well.
                      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

which would create even more disadvantages between classes. and advantages on rogues against every class. an other classes with abilitys that already reduce your stuff and boost their stuff enough. which would =nerfs for some classes. then also not in pvp zone. but it would yes.4everyone. also dungeons with any type of boss that has defense nerf effects. like in BC. where the last boss zonks you hardcore
                        Just to say I'am an Archer/Ranger if you want to get picky in class names, Defence Nerf attacks ARE deadly. Thus should have serious thinking behind them when implanting them. Just saying you seem to think I'am Jaded. Or your thinking I'am. Now my posts might be hard to read but could you read them correctly, or attempt to :]. How would it create a disadvantage by someone looking into the matter? If there is nothing bad nothing will happen right? =]

Comment

shadow you are quite possibly one of the most incompetent people I've seen on a forum I said "ICICLE ARMOR" not Frost Armor and it has a 5% chance to stun the enemy when a person attacks said person so go do your homework bud.
                          what does icicle armor have to do with your thread about dmg reduction? or you seeing you said somewhere else that? you seem desperate. most ur posts have been brags of kills an telling ppl to get stronger an killing like a addict. and along the way you've asked many times various forms of changes so you can have a bigger advantage in battle. and currently your asking to change a major part of the dynamic of game just so you can use one skill. selfish much?

Comment

Erm Shadow, that's not even in this Thread.. what's your source for that. Because right now I'am wondering kinda how you got Moderator if you act like this. You seem to have a personal hate for this person.. I do hope you can keep your professional act up. Because right now I cant see it.. =/ Hate to say it. But your acting kinda childish by dragging other forum comments in. While I don't agree with calling you incompetent your most likely one of the less competent Moderators, Judging form the rather childish act here. But im never one to judge on one forum post. Memory thanks for actually listening to my post btw =]

Comment

Erm Shadow, that's not even in this Thread.. what's your source for that. Because right now I'am wondering kinda how you got Moderator if you act like this. You seem to have a personal hate for this person.. I do hope you can keep your professional act up. Because right now I cant see it.. =/ Hate to say it. But your acting kinda childish by dragging other forum comments in. While I don't agree with calling you incompetent your most likely one of the less competent Moderators, Judging form the rather childish act here. But im never one to judge on one forum post. Memory thanks for actually listening to my post btw =]
                              its on page one bro. the reason why i'm approaching it this way is because there are threads about this person an everything i've said is true and i could quote them from those pages and from how they talk to people in other threads. really. i bet she/he could name 5 ppl that they would go fight an kill then brag about it. then if they made a thread. would say- too bad ^_^ go get stronger- its how the game is.
                              everyone always complains other classes abilitys are unfair. be same thing as someone making a thread about asking cloak to be nerfed. or ranger traps. this thread opener has done to about just every class
                              an i'm the bad guy? bah, nope. just calling it out for what it is. should be legitimate reasons for these changes. not "omg i can't kill this person anymore". don't act like that isn't what this thread is about.
                              im sure everyone readin this thread could name 5ppl they would go kill on battlefield then brag if it went into effect
                              Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 07-23-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X