Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction house, Shop owners, PVP

- Real Money Auction House:
    Allow players to pay real money for items in the auction house, like Diablo 3. Although it's true that it would allow players to compete with R2 shop prices, an ingame auction house would certainly warrant a percentage of every transaction to the developers (R2 always wins). It would also solve some balance issues (non-cashers have limited access to resources), and would allow more people to reinvest in the game.

- Change shop prices while open: It's painful to close shop/open shop to update prices.

- More actions possible while shop is open: Item synthesis, trading with other players, enchanting etc.

- Reduce Daily Hunt travel time: Allow players to accept one huge daily quest (kill 700 mobs), and give them tiered rewards at 35 mob intervals. It's hard to use AFK time if you can't be AFK during daily hunt because of going back to Starglade.

PVP
    - Attack move is an important action which is lacking (shortcut + click the ground = attack nearest enemy).
    - Organized Party vs Party (3v3, 5v5) arena combat.
    - Ladder rankings for PVP.
    - Matchmaking system based on level.

I'm a kongregate player but I figured my suggestions would be more likely to be seen here.

I like those ideas, but it's definitely going to be awhile before such big changes will be made.

Comment

i agree with this bump for the gm to see this

Comment

I would love to have more actions while my shop is open! The daily hunt thing sounds like a good idea too!
        Server: (S39) Erie Marsh
        Character: Jessie
        Class: Priest
        Level: 106+
        Plane Eidolon
        Guild DarkCrusade

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Comment

I don't like the real money thing. Real money should never be used in an online game. maybe instead of money, how about crystal.
          *Server: Exenden Realm
          *Character name: LeonAero
          *Account Name: R22467998

Comment

What is the auction house anyway? I've never been able to view it
            Main char: (s36)Simon
            Level/type: 51 priest (hybrid but mainly holy)
            Guild: (s36)forgotten guild master (level 4 guild) Anyone can join!
            If I'm not online whisper (s36)kryptonite in game if you wish to join my guild

Comment

Originally posted by R22887458 View Post
              Allow players to pay real money for items in the auction house, like Diablo 3. Although it's true that it would allow players to compete with R2 shop prices, an ingame auction house would certainly warrant a percentage of every transaction to the developers (R2 always wins). It would also solve some balance issues (non-cashers have limited access to resources), and would allow more people to reinvest in the game.
              Not gonna happen because TOS (terms of services) forbids players buying items using real currency.

Comment

Even though Diablo III has an Auction House, not many people are actually happy with it.
                The simple fact stands that the amount they charge for each sale is ridiculously high - and if you were to want something like that here, which would never happen, due to breaching the contract they have made with the original developers, this would cause *fail comparison here, but why not* a "Great Depression" so-to-speak.

I love the Daily Hunt idea - I'll be sure to see what I can do about that one.

The whole PvP Arena thing, I've always wanted implemented. Like, a legit one - not one like Tamalan of any sort. I want an arena where you can duke it out - all levels - no restrictions - a better version of Dragonspine - where you are not limited to any items - ANYTHING GOES - and damn would I want that implemented.

Even if you die within this said arena, you would not lose durability.

A great example that pulled this off was Fly For Fun.
                The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

Originally posted by orphen20 View Post
                  Not gonna happen because TOS (terms of services) forbids players buying items using real currency.
                  Eh, wouldnt using crystals be using real currency to buy items?

Cause you use real money to buy the crystals which you use to buy items from the shops.

Its probably not the same thing in a legal way of thinking about it. But it kinda seems the like the same thing to me
                  IGN: (S6)Brian21
                  Class: Anti-Mage Ranger
                  Honor: Archduke
                  Lvl: Scion 85
                  Pet: Super Demon, Teeka, Fire Lord
                  Guild: (S6)Athena
                  Server: Windshear Peaks
                  Wings: Angel Lord

Comment

I think using crystal in the Auction House would resolve ToS issues forbidding players to use real currency. Players would never use anything other than crystal ingame. The only difference is that players would not be able to "cash-out", but rather would be compelled to reinvest earned crystal. In my opinion this would still help the economy of the game.

I've heard on more than one occasion that PvP needs an upgrade. Sengolia is just another event that gives rewards. I don't see any high-level PvP fights breaking out in Seng. There are too many afkers and alts not participating sitting at the spawn point. There is little or no teamplay because my guild members are divided randomly between the red and blue teams. Conclusion is that we need an arena where two pre-formed parties can fight 3v3 or 5v5, with a point/ELO ranking system attached. If R2 doesn't have resources to add another map, they could just use Tamalan Arena.

Thanks for the bump everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by R22887458 View Post
                      - Reduce Daily Hunt travel time: Allow players to accept one huge daily quest (kill 700 mobs), and give them tiered rewards at 35 mob intervals. It's hard to use AFK time if you can't be AFK during daily hunt because of going back to Starglade.
                      I like most of your ideas except for ^ this one.

This game is about as easy as it gets. You have links that take you to everywhere you need to go, AFK ability which hunts for you and enough events to keep you occupied for 20hrs out of a 24hr day.

Please, keep at least SOME interaction in this game that involves more than hitting "." and watching your screen while a boss dies, or a "kill 15 of XXX" completes.

Me, personally, .. I want to actually PLAY the game a bit.

Comment

I know players who need to be AFK for 8 hours at a time. They use AFK cards and XP tokens to level, by only killing mobs. They can't do as many quests so they can't gain much honor or guild contribution. As things are, AFK time can't be used effectively for questing.

So why not give these players one quest? I mean, they can barely do Sengolia on a regular basis. They lag behind in Honor and guild contribution. Daily Hunt is a perfect quest for 8 hour AFK, because it requires 35x20=700 mob kills. If Daily Hunts could be done in one huge quest then all of a sudden, with more XP, Honor and guild contribution, the 8 hour AFKers can keep up at a slower but reasonable pace. Also, spending 8 hours AFK time farming becomes a much more viable option for all players, instead of logging off or opening shop.

It just seems wasteful to only get XP from longer periods of time AFK.

And AFK time isn't really time away from the computer if you go back to Starglade for Daily Hunts. What the majority of players end up doing is use the AFK bot in 2-20min bursts, coming back to complete quests. It limits the player base to people who can spend most of their time at a computer.

Don't get me wrong, I like to actually play the game too. Dungeons, events, I love to grind mobs one by one. The Daily Hunt suggestion is just an attempt to include more people in the game.
                        Last edited by R22887458; 08-07-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X