No announcement yet.

In-Game Moderation increase. [Suggestion]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With no disrespect this is a suggestion to have more in-game moderators that are more hands-on, that way players do not have to waste precious time with tickets/support/pming, I do appreciate that the moderating team that R2 currently does have at this moment is very active in helping, however they cannot always be there and nor would myself or other players expect you to, but it would really help if we had more moderators in-game.

Forums are easier to handle. In-game spamming is harder as well as scammers.

The worry it seems not only myself but other members that either read the topic or post more are continuing to vote that we do need more of them.

I think it is needed for safety for players money, or even they themselves.

An issue is we have more and more games on R2's servers Now city of stream coming out?

We have 100's of servers and 20-35 staff just cannot handle that burden, nor would I personally want it imposed of them, I want mods to enjoy R2's games also.

I do think there has got to be a way for everyone to win on this situation.

By winning, stop issues from happening,scamming,bullying etc,

We do have a block feature, but as a previous poster had mentioned eventually they make a new account and start all over.

That's why we do need in-game moderation.

Runescape, Wow, and many other big game companies have them, so I don't see the issue with it on R2.. unless its not reasonable in the coding?
    Username: Chaoticcody
    Server: S62 BloodShedHollow [PVE]
    Level:27
    Class: Mage
    Guild: Angels

Comment

Something to take into account is that R2 doesn't have as many servers as it looks like at first glance- a lot of the servers they have are merged with others, which causes a significant drop in the number of servers they have.

Comment

jess is right
        IGN: (E1)Bakusho
        Class: Archer
        Rebirth: Scion
        Level: So far So good
        Guild: DiagonAlley

_________________________________________________________________________________
        I love you so much Aya

Comment

Originally posted by wayne82444 View Post
          Something to take into account is that R2 doesn't have as many servers as it looks like at first glance- a lot of the servers they have are merged with others, which causes a significant drop in the number of servers they have.
          my main server has 9 merged with it. easy to be logged into one character but be sharing space with many servers.

Originally posted by ChaoticCody View Post
          With no disrespect this is a suggestion to have more in-game moderators that are more hands-on, that way players do not have to waste precious time with tickets/support/pming, I do appreciate that the moderating team that R2 currently does have at this moment is very active in helping, however they cannot always be there and nor would myself or other players expect you to, but it would really help if we had more moderators in-game.

Forums are easier to handle. In-game spamming is harder as well as scammers.

The worry it seems not only myself but other members that either read the topic or post more are continuing to vote that we do need more of them.

I think it is needed for safety for players money, or even they themselves.

An issue is we have more and more games on R2's servers Now city of stream coming out?

We have 100's of servers and 20-35 staff just cannot handle that burden, nor would I personally want it imposed of them, I want mods to enjoy R2's games also.

I do think there has got to be a way for everyone to win on this situation.

By winning, stop issues from happening,scamming,bullying etc,

We do have a block feature, but as a previous poster had mentioned eventually they make a new account and start all over.

That's why we do need in-game moderation.

Runescape, Wow, and many other big game companies have them, so I don't see the issue with it on R2.. unless its not reasonable in the coding?

I'm pretty much just a player when in the server. i have no GM powers. yet with proper communication to GM's while I camped that server many gold spammers sellers of various types were handled pretty quick over the 24 hrs online near constantly= every time a new one popped up they were taken down.
          Browser#1
          Click image for larger version

Name:	hello.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	1669089
          Browser#2
          Click image for larger version

Name:	browser2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1669090
          I'm everywhere

:says hello to the many servers::

basically what I mean by that is, Power to the people. because following the procedure does work. and will help the GMs do what they need to.
          Can't help others if they can't help themselves. only so much a moderator, gm , etc can do.
          when I file i try to be as clear as possible. state the character name having trouble with, screen shots of the situation&TOS that breaking. copy paste owns.
          It would be nice to see more powers that be shape chat. however it does say in TOS that they don't directly monitor chats. that doesn't mean people aren't responsible for what they type.
          there are also area's they probably can't or wont(not sure as there are usually privacy's things about reading pms) monitor until you send them stuff showing a need as well. for your suggestion to work they'd have to monitor pm's, guild chats, everything else as well as world chat to be most effective or it will only be semi.
          or for people to actually send in the screen shots of the nasty stuff they get sent in pm's in tickets to show its going on to get things documented.

Last edited by ShadowGammaDraco; 05-09-2013, 08:07 PM.

Comment

we need someone with power to watch people in game play.So much spam , scams, and so on happen so much.Reporting can only do so much. Knowing at lest one person is watching would be nice.

This morning I had someone ghost my name (I think that's what it is call) it would be nice if that person doing it was stop without having me needed to file a ticket. Now I'm waiting for them to get back to my ticket and being worry as I wait.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsrachaelsnape View Post
              we need someone with power to watch people in game play.So much spam , scams, and so on happen so much.Reporting can only do so much. Knowing at lest one person is watching would be nice.

This morning I had someone ghost my name (I think that's what it is call) it would be nice if that person doing it was stop without having me needed to file a ticket. Now I'm waiting for them to get back to my ticket and being worry as I wait.
              In Crystal Saga, is was very easy to distinguish between a regular player talking and a person attempting to ghost. Besides that, the last time I checked, you could no longer ghost on Crystal Saga.

Now, the only other time I know that ghosting is available on the game is in Broken Realm, and if that is the case, we always have Moderators watching the servers once you inform them of the issue.

While it's true that it's better to have In-Game Moderators, we've already clearly explained the situation as to why we can't have In-Game Moderators and the persistence of this suggestion is starting to become more a nuisance than it is a suggestion.

As long as the Moderators are able to handle the situation, which is most likely in many scenarios, as I have controlled plenty of servers myself back in my days, then In-Game Moderators are not necessary.
              The King doesn't fall so easily boys

Comment

Ok my question about this topic is who moderates the Newgrounds.com server we submit a ticket and get sorry we dont handle your issue responses we submit forum questions and we get ignored who is watching and helping us.

Comment

Working...
                X