Suggestion: [Permanent] Shards Exchange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: [Permanent] Shards Exchange

Like the event before.. if we could trade lower shards for higher shards it will be awesome
    especially, since Epic Evil Beast shard is hard to get

what i mean is

Exchanges for:

Epic Ethereal Shard x20 = Epic Bloodforge Shard x1
    Epic Bloodforge Shard x20 = Epic Nightshade Shard x1
    Epic Nightshade Shard x20 = Epic Phantom Shard x1
    Epic Phantom Shard x20 = Epic Exelorn Shard x1
    Epic Exelorn Shard x20 = Epic Purgatory Shard x1
    Epic Purgatory Shard x20 = Epic Evil Beast Shard x1

(the item ratio shouldbe upto r2 )
    I strongly agree, this will help us alot
    92.42%
    no thanks, farming Shards is easy
    7.58%
    Last edited by Caia_R21125326; 10-02-2015, 03:02 PM. Reason: repost
    Crystal Saga

Ign: (S22)Caia
    Server:(S22)Tyria Village
    Spouse: (S23)Socrates
    Guild:(Lv.10) DivineAngels - GM (AngelOfDeath)

Looking for>
    -Genie Crystals in Consumers Points
    -More Inventory (Bag) Space & Pages
    -Pixie Crystal in Mystery Packs

Originally posted by Caia_R21125326 View Post
    Like the event before.. if we could trade lower shards for higher shards it will be awesome
    especially, since Epic Evil Beast shard is hard to get

what i mean is

Exchanges for:

Epic Ethereal Shard x20 = Epic Bloodforge Shard x1
    Epic Bloodforge Shard x20 = Epic Nightshade Shard x1
    Epic Nightshade Shard x20 = Epic Phantom Shard x1
    Epic Phantom Shard x20 = Epic Exelorn Shard x1
    Epic Exelorn Shard x20 = Epic Purgatory Shard x1
    Epic Purgatory Shard x20 = Epic Evil Beast Shard x1
    It would be great if also mec to sec exchange :P

Comment

We actually had an event with an exchange like this at the quartermaster ... maybe about one year ago?
      Would be nice to see it implemented as a permanent feature, however the only problem I could see with this is lots of alts farming phantom shards to make evil beast gear for the main account.
      So maybe 20 shards = 1 (bound) shard and allow bound shards to be exchanged as well

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCuddles View Post
        We actually had an event with an exchange like this at the quartermaster ... maybe about one year ago?
        Would be nice to see it implemented as a permanent feature, however the only problem I could see with this is lots of alts farming phantom shards to make evil beast gear for the main account.
        So maybe 20 shards = 1 (bound) shard and allow bound shards to be exchanged as well
        I would also like to see exchange (bound) Ewings for (bound) Divine Feathers

Comment

Originally posted by MisterCuddles View Post
          bound =( not so good. the reason for these exchange is to help others out. i can only get 3-9 shards per chars and guildies need these. so its gonna be pointless if its bound and the probability of failing synths is 75%.. please dont do bounds or it will be pointless.

i got idea for wings last last year event but thats gonna be on another thread if i ever found the event patch last yr..
          Crystal Saga

Looking for>

Comment

found last time's event..

Originally posted by R2_Stormaggedon View Post
            Duration: 1/17 – 1/23 11:59 PM (Server Time)
            Server: All Servers
            Level Requirement: 60+

Description: Players may visit the Quartermaster in Starglade to exchange 5 Heroic Wings + 1 Gold for one Ethereal Wings. This exchange may be done up to 3 times per day.
            found it.. gotta love who ever thought of this
            Crystal Saga

Looking for>

Comment

Alts would still be able to farm shards and just give them to a main. Only way to make this work is to make all the shards bound and I don't think anybody wants to see that. I would like to see old stuff get put to use rather than become junk.
              "The freedom we believe we have is an illusion. Open your mind and see the truth of this world!"

Comment

that would be hard.. its not to main.. if i wanna help friends get ebs set and giving them tons of shards for it.. i think getting non bound shards will help.
                that way i could also help them on exchanges.. ( sorry, just against bounds)

Comment

Originally posted by ThetaLitany View Post
                  that would be hard.. its not to main.. if i wanna help friends get ebs set and giving them tons of shards for it.. i think getting non bound shards will help.
                  that way i could also help them on exchanges.. ( sorry, just against bounds)
                  Making shards unbound (such as EBS shards) takes away the essence of making the gear. It's currently the most difficult set of gear to get due to the difficulty of the dungeon, the few runs there are, and low success rate. Making it so that anyone (who can run/buy Purga shards of course) can get them unbound and trade/sell them to others leaves the few who can now run it a little stumped in terms of their time being wasted running their own runs and/or currently selling extras shards they've obtained from their work. I'd support binding shards as it creates a type of balance that doesn't slap current EB Dungeon runners in the face. If anything, you can still help your friends by giving them Purga shards and in that way, they can successfully make the exchange without deflating the current EBS market.
                  Last edited by puppetbomber; 04-17-2014, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by puppetbomber View Post
                    Making shards unbound (such as EBS shards) takes away the essence of making the gear. It's currently the most difficult set of gear to get due to the difficulty of the dungeon, the few runs there are, and low success rate. Making it so that anyone (who can run/buy Purga shards of course) can get them unbound and trade/sell them to others leaves the few who can now run it a little stumped in terms of their time being wasted running their own runs and/or currently selling extras shards they've obtained from their work. I'd support binding shards as it creates a type of balance that doesn't slap current EB Dungeon runners in the face. If anything, you can still help your friends by giving them Purga shards and in that way, they can successfully make the exchange without deflating the current EBS market.
                    That was my point exactly , thank you.
                    If the shards are completely unbound and can be exchanged unlimited times why would anyone bother to run Purgatory or EBS at all?

Comment

Originally posted by visualkei2 View Post
                      It would be great if also mec to sec exchange :P
                      yet that idea was already suggested
                      (S39)Schrodinger, Eidolon, Knight
                      server: Erie Marsh

"Save a life, grope your wife" Breast Cancer awareness
                      "Stupid people are like slinkies, they are good for nothing but will bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs."

Comment

I agree with this thread, and many other types of exchanges that were seldom seen throughout the times. Badge exchange, ladder gem exchange, and more. All great weekly perks that seem to never resurface anymore, such a shame they let such good events become a part of history.

The suggestion here could use some tweaks tho, as Phantom Shards and Nightshade Shards drop very frequently, and Ethereal/Bloodforge shards have a much lower drop rate, the exchange rate should be adjusted accordingly.
                        Last edited by Kage_Oni; 05-06-2014, 10:17 PM.

Comment

well if this was implemented exchanging 20 ethereal shards for one bloodforge shard would be cruel

Comment

I agree but also disagree...20 purg shards for 1 EBS? No thanks i rather spend 10 mins fighting glutton XD
                            LEARN TO SPELL PEOPLE,ITS ROGUE NOT ROUGE D:<

Comment

Originally posted by CloudySage View Post
                              I agree but also disagree...20 purg shards for 1 EBS? No thanks i rather spend 10 mins fighting glutton XD
                              Cloud the max we can get daily per char on EBS shard is 9 or 18 in 2x dungeon, we need more. and the ratio depends on r2 itself

If possible with the new dungeon The Underdark & the new set, i would like to re-open this suggestion since when we synth EBS gear [Lv120] to Celestial gear [Lv150] the EBS gear vanishes when failed. would be awesome if any of the mods is kind enough to ask the devs again about this. thx.
                              Crystal Saga

Looking for>

Comment

Working...
                              X