League of Angels What You Need to Know

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League of Angels What You Need to Know

Hello, My name is Clannad. I am one of the top 3 players in S2 and have made many mistakes and learned many things about this game that I wish to pass off to my fellow players.

Lets begin first by the Class Choices:

At the beginning of the game you are presented with two choices. Either pick the warrior or the mage. Lets go over how these classes fit in the endgame.

When you pick Warrior, you are given the party buff: Valiant Banner that gives everyone in your party a straight 18% bonus damage. When you reach level 45 You can choose Beserker or Paladin.
    When you pick Mage, you are given the party buff: Frostbite which gives a debuff of everyone on your opposing team that increases their damage taken by 18%. When you reach 45, You can pick Mystic or Sorcerer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The big difference between the two classes is that as a Mage your party buff increases not only your party members but also your Angel's damage as well which can become a huge increase in DPR. (Damage per Round)

However, if you are a competitive player - the best CLASS for endgame is Beserker. Beserker is much stronger in the endgame because their triple strike has the highest DPR out of all the classes. It allows beserkers to 1 hit most heros. If two players were roughly close to each other in Battle rating, the beserker will almost always win. This is also due to the fact that beserkers are the only class to have a damage finisher called Fatal Blow which does 75% of P.atk ignoring 50% PDEF.

It is important to note that while Sorcerers have Fireball at level 45 which ignores Mdef, it only ignores 50% of MDEf and not the presumed 100%. At normal levels, even the mage's first skill Shock Therapy is stronger than fireball if the opponent has low MDEF.

Also note that Mystics are currently the worst class to take as their 45 skill is exactly like a shock therapy except it hits 100% of the time which is useless because you never miss in a fight unless you're doing aegis. The crit finisher would have been great if it was an increase in crit for all party members but it is only for yourself which is useless because it does not last when you cast your next skill 3 rounds later.

It is also important to note that many of the skill buffs you think are good are not actually good in practice. For example, the Paladin's Shield block raises dodge by 18% and block by 18%. Unfortunately because of rings giving hit bonuses it is almost impossible to get a dodge in a real fight as there is no equipment that raises dodge in comparison to hit rating increase from ring equipment. An 18% block increase is an increase of your block statistics. At a 2500 block rating you will be blocking ~20% of attacks. Another example is the Sorcerer's Absolute Zero finisher which decrease hit rating by 42%. Once again because hit rating is already quite high from the ring and dodge is low, you will never see any benefit of having this finisher land on your enemy as they will still 100% hit you. Also the Paladin's finisher Frenzied Heal sounds great but in most cases the damage you will be receiving from not attacking will be more than what you healed, especially in aegis.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nifty Tricks:

Here are some tricks that I have learned to give you an edge on the competition.

When you do your loop quests, skip the quests where you have to clear instances with diamonds. This allows you blitz higher level dungeons that give more experience. This is usually not that big of a difference until you start hitting 50+ lvl.

Always get the benefits and get them in 10 day for the discount. For example: If you buy the Tidal Pool Benefit card, you gain 1 extra normal refresh at Tidal Pool everyday for 50 diamonds ($5 for 10 day). This amounts to 300 extra soulstones (reaching 1k points = 30 soulstones per day) over 10 days. Even if you intend to cash to refresh Tidal pool, the normal refresh will allow you to hit 5k or 10k points with 1 less refresh needed which will save you 300 - 500 diamonds. If you get the arena extra attempts you get an extra 4k exp everyday for 50 diamonds (at level 55, results may vary).

When doing world boss or gauntlet always put your weakest hero in the front middle row. The boss will always use his 1hit skill on the middle row first. Place your strongest hero at the bottom front row, if your hero is strong enough to take 1 hit from world boss (92k hit depending on def). Lastly if your main hero is strong enough to take a hit from world boss put your character in the back middle (if your hero can't take 1 hit from world boss otherwise top or bottom). Also note that the gauntlet or world boss can not be affected by debuffs so cancer/virgo for example do not work against the boss. You will have to use Leo or Libra / Scorpio.

Most people already know this but: Always use either Frostbite or Banner for your 2nd skill. Scorch only hits 1 target and doesn't deal as much as the increased damage from angel and party attacks. We already went over why you wouldn't want to use shield block. Demoralize is a skill only useful in a 1v1 match-up such as in Aegis. Note that by hitting your opponent with demoralize and fatal blow both have a chance to restore 25 rage to the enemy player.

Agility is more useful than you may think. In closer battle rating match-ups the one who moves first will often be the winner. For this reason, you should always try to level up your main angel so that it is higher than your opponent in order for the angel to attack first. Following this idea, you should always try to evenly distribute your zodiac shards across all aegis as it will help you out more in battle rating.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is all for now, I will share more of my secrets with you at another time =)

Reserved for future

Comment

Originally posted by Clannadz View Post
      However, if you are a competitive player - the best CLASS for endgame is Beserker. Beserker is much stronger in the endgame because their triple strike has the highest DPS out of all the classes. It allows beserkers to 1 hit most heros. If two players were roughly close to each other in Battle rating, the beserker will almost always win. This is also due to the fact that beserkers are the only class to have a damage finisher called Fatal Blow which does 75% of P.atk ignoring 50% PDEF.
      im not gonna argue what class will rule at end game (so many factor involved). but as far as i know, ull definitely lose to equal BR paladin in 1v1 situation.
      Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Its funny you say that because the top 2 in our server is Beserker vs Paladin and its an even 50% even though Paladin is 15k higher in battle rating. Unless you have 300k battle rating or seen a battle between two players close to 300k do not make rumours.
        Last edited by Clannadz; 02-11-2014, 10:05 PM.

Comment

pfft just pick mage =D

Comment

LOL you neglected the most important paladin skill and you got the stats for shield block wrong, gg
            头可ç*´è¡€å¯æµï¼Œå…„弟情义不能丢
            不为金不为银,只为兄弟战今生!

What I watch as a kid?
            (白眉大ä¾* - white eyebrow hero lol)
            (奥特曼 - ultraman)
            (saint seiya - knights of the zodiac - 圣斗士星矢)
            (shin chan - 蜡笔小新)

Comment

Originally posted by Clannadz View Post
              Its funny you say that because the top 2 in our server is Beserker vs Paladin and its an even 50% even though Paladin is 15k higher in battle rating. Unless you have 300k battle rating or seen a battle between two players close to 300k do not make rumours.
              lol total BR doesnt reflect ur true strength. as i said before too many factor involved. block, dodge, aegis proc can make the battle unpredictable. but if we minimize all other factor and focused to main toon vs main toon battle, paladin have sure win factor = -30% atck, block/dodge buff, healing.
              im not sure what the exactly with end game. but mage will truely shows its power at higher level when critical + critical damage stats becomes more important.
              with "coming soon features" like endless tower, dragon soul, etc. every class can be strong.
              for triple slash, yes it can 1hit kill any heroes "now". but after ruby heroes which have more hp and defense, i dont think u can 1hit kill it. especially with proper training.

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

Oh I love smart people on the internets.. oh tell me league of angels pro.. what is the real stats for shield block? Did you miss the part where I mentioned the paladin's heal as being insignificant. Think about it more carefully. Most times, a paladin will still be put in the back row since no main hero can tank front row against people of equal battle rating.

That means when he heals, he's healing angel damage or god forbid dagger girl's pitiful damage. Also note the timing of the heal. The first chance it will heal will be "BEFORE" first angel attack (unless you don't run full triumph/conquest set) while the 2nd chance would be just "BEFORE" the 2nd angel attack. What does this mean? Well it means that by the time paladin's heal actually becomes useful most of the heros in the party are already dead and we are a looking at a back row fight. If you ever faced an equal battle rating beserker you will know that a beserker will out damage your heal no matter how many level 7 hp gems you got. You are also putting a lot of emphasis on a skill that has a 15% proc rate after a 50% partner skill chance. (these % confirmed by mod ELA).

The problem with paladin is that sure, maybe the frenzy heal makes the difference and wins him the match. But what is 100%? The beserker's triple attack is always a 100% of casting and is far stronger than the Paladin's main skill. Even if frenzy heal was good in endgame it only matters in a small chance that is less than praying to cancer for a stun lol. And if you ever actually seen shield block.. it really doesn't make a difference at all in battle. It will not win you the round if you're fighting an equally strong beserker or mage.

The bad thing about shield slam is the fact that even with 30% reduction the game reduces total damage by 30%. If you ever tested it in battle, beserker's triple slash turns to 85% x 3 = 255% to 225% which is pretty much on par with shield slam. Not to mention in order for Shield slam to be effective you need to hit first before beserker can use the skill. So you need to have higher agility than your opponent or hit him earlier in the previous round.

Some people also have never seen a ruby hero before. Lets take for example King of Bones. At max 60 level and 2 rebirths and +10 training we're looking at a 55k battle rating addon. If you've ever speculated some of the higher brs in cross server you'll know where I'm getting these stats from.

We know from basic math that all heros, no matter how strong will die within 2 angel attacks. Lets be honest. Unless you're some casher with level 7 mdef gems and a level 8 cherubstone with a level 50 angel guarding your King of Bones, its going to die a very painful and quick death. At the level 61 stage we're looking at p.atk of 50k to 70k. Angel does 50k damage with mdef reduction. The above King of bones had 130k hp with conquest gear and the like. It would die in 3 rounds at best if Beserker hit it with a tornado blow. Not to mention when you're talking of ruby heros its a safe assumption that a person of equal battle rating would also have ruby heros and the paladin would have a harder time killing than the beserker due to lower skill damage %.
                Last edited by Clannadz; 02-12-2014, 12:35 AM.

Comment

shield block skill at 5/5 when procs adds 42% block and 20% dodge

Comment

i just stated the fact that without any "luck" involved paladin will surely win against berserker. 1vs1 with equal br (gear, gem, mount, wings, etc.)
                    if u insist of berserker will be OP at higher level i dont mind it at all. its ur opinion afterall.
                    but i know that the strongest now (or many ppl call it OP) is paladin. it can finish virgo faster than any other class. in com, in my server, one of the paladin can be top ten altho he is 20-30k br behind the rest. and no, hes not mega casher, dont have licorax, incenerator, or angelina. his main toon BR also equal to everyone else.

Comment

I slaughtered virgo with 160k br, I have no stuffs. Its because im PALLADIN

Comment

i slaughtered virgo at 140k lol
                        头可ç*´è¡€å¯æµï¼Œå…„弟情义不能丢
                        不为金不为银,只为兄弟战今生!

What I watch as a kid?
                        (白眉大ä¾* - white eyebrow hero lol)
                        (奥特曼 - ultraman)
                        (saint seiya - knights of the zodiac - 圣斗士星矢)
                        (shin chan - 蜡笔小新)

Comment

Respect u bro but u still have not yet experience with paladin ..i was top 1 player but after 45 i choose soccerer everything fall down .. just my experience as lvl61 mage with 250k br..

Comment

Soccere mage lvl61 250k br ..u're good but not that good ..paladin rule for real ..P

Comment

well it dosent matter what u pick, long your enjoying the drama and game i suppose, and yeh paladin rulez just cuz they think they can heal but do keep in mind paladin (there not jedi lol) heals has no crit while beresker final blow can hit crits so weight your con over that based on even skills and **** after all heroes are gone

Comment

Working...
                              X