EU vat laws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU vat laws

We have been informed that the European Union (EU) has adopted new VAT laws for all online businesses. R2Games is legally obligated to begin collecting VAT from players in all EU countries starting January 1st, 2015. Please see the list below for the current VAT rates for each EU member state, which has been effective since July 1st, 2014.

Member State - VAT Rate

Austria - 20%
    Belgium - 21%
    Bulgaria - 20%
    Croatia - 25%
    Cyprus - 19%
    Czech Republic - 21%
    Denmark - 25%
    Estonia - 20%
    Finland - 24%
    France - 20%
    Germany - 19%
    Greece - 23%
    Hungary - 27%
    Ireland - 23%
    Italy - 22%
    Latvia - 21%
    Lithuania - 21%
    Luxembourg - 17%
    Malta - 18%
    Netherlands - 21%
    Poland - 23%
    Portugal - 23%
    Romania - 24%
    Slovakia - 20%
    Slovenia - 22%
    Spain - 21%
    Sweden - 25%
    United Kingdom (UK) - 20%

What are you thinking about this guys, now i will realy use only vip like i am doing last 2 months, but even vip is on way out. I am very close to finish this game i will not feed hungry brussels birocracts or in my country and i noticed that something goes wrong with prices in year 2014.

But how wil take money from players who dont spend real money in game or having vip. Maybe they think only on spenders.

Comment

ow this is gonna be a major hit to R2, as many spenders in EU will lock their cards away :P
      League of Angels

S94 Lonewind Forest
      Magus Rynd

Comment

They already start taking our money from 1 july 2014 but thing is i am playing on server who has location in usa. How big is vat in usa. I had bad feeling that someone lying.
        Last edited by sunraa; 01-26-2015, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunraa View Post
          They already start taking our money from 1 july 2014 but thing is i am playing on server who has location in usa. How big is vat in usa. I had bad feeling that someone lying.
          Don't think it matters on what server you are playing on but on what country you are from.
          osobena
          s56 Starcrest Mountains

“Life's a game, all you have to do, is know how to play it.”

Comment

This is the world we are livein and these rules were made by people we(or some of us) voted for ..

Comment

Don't have VAT in USA. No online taxes yet, except sales tax if you purchase goods from a business located in the state you live in. Otherwise no sales tax.

Comment

Sales tax typically runs 5-9%. You Europeans pay way too much tax.

Comment

U cant run something in EU without being charged thats the idea ... about the ammount of'em each country has its own percentage .. i do hope they going to makeit same in the close future ... they cant let a foreign entity take money from EU people without haveing to give back % .. this is EU not USA ..

Comment

How about this i am from eu and i am on visit in usa or somewhere else and i am buying things there, are this mean that eu can demand vat, no chance they dont have any right in those countrys. How i see on internet we virtualy travel around the world. My server is in usa they dont have right to take money from my pocket. If server is in eu then is no problem. Problem will be only for r2 because people will spend less money or even nothing.
                    Last edited by sunraa; 01-27-2015, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Well, thats the end of spending a single diamond for me and a lot of other players i guess

Comment

Originally posted by sunraa View Post
                        How about this i am from eu and i am on visit in usa or somewhere else and i am buying things there, are this mean that eu can demand vat, no chance they dont have any right in those countrys. How i see on internet we virtualy travel around the world. My server is in usa they dont have right to take money from my pocket. If server is in eu then is no problem. Problem will be only for r2 because people will spend less money or even nothing.
                        Lol, if you are in USA and shop there you don't pay VAT, but if you are from USA and come and shop in Europe you will pay VAT as every other customer. And it doesn't matter as I said where you play, the point is you are in Europe and you are paying there so you pay VAT. And I don't think R2 or Gtarcade are very happy with that, but this is the Law.
                        osobena
                        s56 Starcrest Mountains

Comment

I read that the price went up diamonds - an average of 20% - that's the end of the picture - probably high time to look around after another game

Comment

Originally posted by Eldar171 View Post
                            I read that the price went up diamonds - an average of 20% - that's the end of the picture - probably high time to look around after another game
                            The price is still the same, now you just pay VAT over it too. And that is not only for LoA, you know, the law affect EVERYBODY who is offering any kind of internet services.
                            osobena
                            s56 Starcrest Mountains

Comment

There is no need to explain the need to pay taxes - they pay almost all xixi - me as a customer you are interested in the total price - and it is now higher on average by 20% - and this is crucial

Comment

Working...
                              X