Loading Issue - Mini Client BLACK SCREEN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flame_Ace View Post
    ok thanks, I'll try that too. Can you recommend what specific 19.X version of flash for the mini / old client?
    Honestly I'm not entirely sure. I've seen issues where going to version 19.x would be fixed for windows 10 users, but not windows 8.1 users - but version 18.x would work. I think they were using the R2 client vs the Wartune client, so there were some program differences as well.

You could go to the flash player archive and try numerous amounts of those. I'm not sure I would recommend that, though.

It seems like flash is working for you, it's just really slow to the point of unplayable (so a version revert probably wouldn't fix the issue), right? I'm not sure if there's a way for me to diagnose whether the problem is a hardware limitation, or a software limitation.

Aside from that, I can only recommend some simple fixes. -

1) Enter dungeons/events that you do regularly, by yourself, without an attempt, just to let the assets load properly. (Be careful not to lose your attempt, not sure if some are glitched)

2) Try to keep your computer as cool as possible, even putting next to a fan or an air conditioning vent - whatever you have.

3) Change the 'priority' of the client/browser to high to give a boost to performance.

4) Try not to run many other things in the background.

5) This is a bit of an extreme solution - but either change your resolution to the smallest possible size - and/or, when using a browser, scroll/zoom out to reduce the size of the game on your screen. While this can/will make your game a very unenjoyable experience, it can improve performance greatly. I might even recommend scrolling/zooming way out right before loading screens to see if there's an increase in loading time.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
      Honestly I'm not entirely sure. I've seen issues where going to version 19.x would be fixed for windows 10 users, but not windows 8.1 users - but version 18.x would work. I think they were using the R2 client vs the Wartune client, so there were some program differences as well.

You could go to the flash player archive and try numerous amounts of those. I'm not sure I would recommend that, though.

It seems like flash is working for you, it's just really slow to the point of unplayable (so a version revert probably wouldn't fix the issue), right? I'm not sure if there's a way for me to diagnose whether the problem is a hardware limitation, or a software limitation.

Aside from that, I can only recommend some simple fixes. -

1) Enter dungeons/events that you do regularly, by yourself, without an attempt, just to let the assets load properly. (Be careful not to lose your attempt, not sure if some are glitched)

2) Try to keep your computer as cool as possible, even putting next to a fan or an air conditioning vent - whatever you have.

3) Change the 'priority' of the client/browser to high to give a boost to performance.

4) Try not to run many other things in the background.

5) This is a bit of an extreme solution - but either change your resolution to the smallest possible size - and/or, when using a browser, scroll/zoom out to reduce the size of the game on your screen. While this can/will make your game a very unenjoyable experience, it can improve performance greatly. I might even recommend scrolling/zooming way out right before loading screens to see if there's an increase in loading time.
      Thanks. Btw I tried to download and install 19.0.0.245 and I tried to play in the mini client and log into my account on S187 but I can't seem to connect it was still black screen and the text above the client (server time, minimize, maximize, close buttons) are just blinking. So I tried in other servers and I tried in S2 and make a character and the client works well and all the loadings were smooth, minutes later I tried to log again on S187 but still I got the same problem the first time I opened it.

The Magic is Within Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Flame_Ace View Post
        I tried in other servers and I tried in S2 and make a character and the client works well and all the loadings were smooth, minutes later I tried to log again on S187 but still I got the same problem the first time I opened it.
        Now that, is very interesting.

Just goes to show, whenever something goes wrong - blame R2; it's probably their fault to begin with.

I hope you can get it figured out, I'm not sure what else to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
          Now that, is very interesting.

Just goes to show, whenever something goes wrong - blame R2; it's probably their fault to begin with.

I hope you can get it figured out, I'm not sure what else to do.
          hehe I already submitted a ticket about this. Btw thanks for all the help.

The Magic is Within Ourselves

Comment

Working...
          X