Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MY PC crashes after 10 minutes of playing Wartune.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MY PC crashes after 10 minutes of playing Wartune.

Recently. I've encountered an irritating issue of wartune. Since version 5.6 and forward.. my PC randomly CRASHES whenever I play wartune. it's not like it's a weak PC.
    (true. for today's specification it's VERY weak. but not SO weak it's incapable of playing games)
    My PC's specs are:
    Dual core 2.5 GHz
    2 GB RAM ddr3
    NVidia Geforce8800 (2 GB VRAM gddr4)
    total storage: 500 GB
    Runs: Win10
    Any idea how to stop crashing? and continuing to play the game?
    The gods watch over you!
    And they cheer you up!
    Plus. Saliora is with me. WHEEE≈
    (Yep. she's an awesome chatter!)

Current Details:
    Server: S1 Temple of Ibalize.
    Name: Cephalrai.
    Lv.80 Mage. (Non VIP)
    BR:
    Clean: 411k
    with sylph: 598k
    full artilary: 1.4m
    Title: Lord Divine.
    Guild: Phoenix~!
    Skillfullness: Avarage. meh...

Have you tried using the r2client? Have you tried alternative browsers and a flash cache clearance? Are you running any stream. download, torrent etc... programs such as those? What have you tried to help make the game more bearable if anything so wee can try to work with you on this.
    Always.. Always.. Always be yourself.. unless you can be BATMENTOR! Then always be BATMENTOR muahahahahahahah! (PS: BATMENTOR has Batcupcakes, Batcookies, and Batcake. PS: they just gave me a BatPizza Oven *WOOHOO!*) Bugs can be reported here. Please Read the new format. Check out the Support Page.

Comment

What do you mean by 'crashing'? If you're just disconnecting, flush your dns and reset your browser cache (not the right-click -> clear cache).

If you mean the client/browser is physically crashing to desktop, you're going to need to provide more information. Which publisher you play on, which client/browser you use, which CPU you have.

Try using another browser for starters and see if you can replicate the problem. Naturally you probably want to make sure have the latest flash/nvidia drivers that are applicable.

As for the culprits, I have several thoughts -

One thought is windows 10, did you upgrade to it recently by chance? Some CPUs are fundamentally incompatible with it (and therefore have major stability issues), and Microsoft does an extremely crappy job of letting consumers know ahead of time.

Another thought is your RAM amount, windows 10 requires 1GB of ram by itself, and flash is an extremely resource heavy application. I'd check your task manager while playing the game.

Comment

Alsatia: when I say Crashing it means the PC completely turns off. and I have to turn it on again. I've tried and it happens with EVERY SINGLE BROWSER possible (tried with 10 different browsers:
        Edge, Chrome (my main), FireFox, Safari, Opera, Chromium, Sunrise, OmniWeb, SeaMonkey and Shiira to be exact.)
        the exact model of my CPU is: Pentium(R) Dual core E5200 2.500 GHz. I've modded it to support DDR3 btw.
        I've been running Windows 10 for roughly 6 months or so. as for RAM. I got 2 GB... I can expand it by another 2 GB because the E5200 supports only sticks of 2 GB -.-
        Mentor Magik: Yes, but stopped immediately because it causes the same issues as the browsers unfortunately. Yes. did once cache clear and I had to restore my PC to before the clearance to be able to play the game.
        while so I do not run any streams or System heavy action. neither downloading and torrent. and so on.
        The gods watch over you!
        And they cheer you up!

Current Details:
        Lv.80 Mage. (Non VIP)
        BR:

Comment

Originally posted by R23148991 View Post
          I can expand it by another 2 GB because the E5200 supports only sticks of 2 GB -.-

I've modded it to support DDR3 btw.
          Do you mean the CPU can't support another 2 GB? Because the CPU can, easily. The CPU itself uses a 64-bit instruction set, and is verified by Intel themselves.

However, before you run out and buy more RAM for your computer, I would need to know more information about your motherboard/chipset in order to tell you exactly what it can support. That being said, there is no chipset on the compatibility list that does not support at least 4GB. Not to say you definitely have one of those chip-sets, and therefore can definitely support more ram; but it definitely seems likely.

Also, what do you mean you've modded it to support DDR3? I believe this CPU natively supports DDR3. Do you mean you installed DDR3 RAM instead of your previous DDR2 RAM?

To get back on topic, there is nothing about Wartune, or even adobe flash for that matter, that is going to cause your computer to crash to that extent. You have a different, more serious type of problem.

Are you getting a BSoD or error-code from windows? Is it just a black screen?

Does it crash when running other high-intensity programs? (Another game, perhaps?)
          Last edited by Alsatia01; 08-13-2016, 04:51 PM.

Comment

2GB and you running windows 10 on it?

I have 8GB ram and i Feel like going back to windows 8 .

2GB are not enough to run windows 10.

I suggest you buy more ram or buy a new computer if u can afford it .
            It's important to make people happy, but you got to start by yourself

Comment

Alsatia: when I say Crashing it means the PC completely turns off. and I have to turn it on again. I've tried and it happens with EVERY SINGLE BROWSER possible (tried with 10 different browsers:
              Edge, Chrome (my main), FireFox, Safari, Opera, Chromium, Sunrise, OmniWeb, SeaMonkey and Shiira to be exact.)
              the exact model of my CPU is: Pentium(R) Dual core E5200 2.500 GHz. I've modded it to support DDR3 btw.
              I've been running Windows 10 for roughly 6 months or so. as for RAM. I got 2 GB... I can expand it by another 2 GB because the E5200 supports only sticks of 2 GB -.-
              Mentor Magik: Yes, but stopped immediately because it causes the same issues as the browsers unfortunately. Yes. did once cache clear and I had to restore my PC to before the clearance to be able to play the game.
              while so I do not run any streams or System heavy action. neither downloading and torrent. and so on.

If Windows inexpicably closes and your PC shuts down, it's almost certainly overheated. The PC, which monitors the temperature of the CPU, is protecting it's delicate circuits from the ravages of heat. (On the other hand, if you PC frequently shuts off without closing Windows first, causing an error message when you next boot, it's likley time to replace the power supply.)

You can monitor your PC's temperature with SpeedFan, a free program by Alfredo Milani Comparetti. Although intended for adjusting fans to fine-tune the heat, noise, and power balance, SpeedFan also displays the CPU temperature in the system tray.

Of course, knowing the CPU's current temperature isn't much use if you don't know the chip's safe parameters. If you don't know your processor, click Start, right-click My Computer (Computer in Vista), and select Properties. With that information, go to CPU World to find your processor's temperature information.

What can you do to relieve overheating problems? If you have a desktop PC:

•Make sure nothing is blocking the PC's air vents.
              •Unplug the PC and open it up. Use a can of compressed air to remove dust, especially around the fans and vents.
              •While the PC is open, note the position of the internal cables. Are any of them blocking vents or air flow?
              •Plug in the PC--while it's still open--and boot it to make sure that all the fans run properly. If one isn't spinning, try to find out and fix what's blocking it.

If you have a laptop:

•Make sure that nothing's blocking the vents in any location where you commonly use the PC. Be especially careful about running it on top of pillows or blankets, which can easily block the vents.
              •With the PC off, spray compressed air into the vents to remove dust. Use only a moisture-free compressed air canister.
              •If these steps don't help, take it to a professional. Unless you really know what you're doing, you don't want to mess with your laptop's innards.

Compressed air can keep your laptop cool and thus prevent undesired shutdowns.

Could software be the culprit? Unlikely, but if your PC isn't overheating, a bad driver may be at fault. Try updating your video and sound drivers just to be safe. And it's possible that a malicious program is behind the damage. See Scan for Malware With Online Tools to see how to handle this.

eres my specs

Click image for larger version

Name:	Noname 1.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.4 KB
ID:	1726157Click image for larger version

Name:	Noname.png
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	1726158

and i ave no probs running windows 10 or wartune my browser (lunascape or maxthon mx5)

so maybe a internal fault or bad driver
              Last edited by Xharry005x; 08-14-2016, 03:52 AM.

Comment

I meant that I've asked my technician to add support for DDR3. and OFCOURSE MY PC supports more ram. it just supports sticks of 2 GB each. installation of 4, and higher does not support
                by the motherboard. (According to the box it's a gigabyte G31M-ES2L motherboard. one from the 2007 or so.)
                thank you for finding the culprit. I do need to switch the power supply I think. monitoring my system. I use 118% of the power my supplier can run when playing wartune. so yeah. time to
                either get a new rig. or replace the P.S.
                The gods watch over you!
                And they cheer you up!

Current Details:
                Lv.80 Mage. (Non VIP)
                BR:

Comment

I meant that I've asked my technician to add support for DDR3. and OFCOURSE MY PC supports more ram. it just supports sticks of 2 GB each. installation of 4, and higher does not support
                  by the motherboard. (According to the box it's a gigabyte G31M-ES2L motherboard. one from the 2007 or so.)
                  thank you for finding the culprit. I do need to switch the power supply I think. monitoring my system. I use 118% of the power my supplier can run when playing wartune. so yeah. time to
                  NO NO NO NO NO no need to buy new pc or motherboard ur tech guys knows nothing at all about ur motherboard

u just need the following as your using same motherboard as me (i ave 4gb memory in 1 slot )

Model Name: G31M-ES2L DDR2 667 or Model Name: G31M-ES2L DDR2 800
                  then u can use 4gb memory sticks in each slot

plenty of fans to stop over heating

and a power supply thats 600 - 700 psu

Name:	1.png
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	1726160 from ebay then ur memory is sorted
                  Last edited by Xharry005x; 08-14-2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                    If Windows inexpicably closes and your PC shuts down, it's almost certainly overheated.
                    Not necessarily; in fact, my guess would be that it's likely not the culprit. You would see graphical glitches and major slow downs due to thermal throttling. If you're telling me its heating up enough to crash, then the fans are probably broken.

Could software be the culprit? Unlikely, but if your PC isn't overheating, a bad driver may be at fault.
                    I agree with everything else you've said for the most part, but a driver isn't going to cause the computer to crash to that extent.

Your motherboard/chipset doesn't support any DDR3, and it does support 4GB of ram. You just need two sticks of 2GB DDR2.

Name:	ss (2016-08-14 at 03.54.05).png
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	1726172

So either you have a revisionist board that gigabyte didn't update correctly online, your technician lied/miscommunication about using DDR3 with this board, or your technician did..... something (I have no idea what), in order to make DDR3 compatible.

You can look on the physical ram chips themselves, they probably have a sticker saying exactly what they are. (Assuming the stickers haven't been removed)

But, all of the evidence is pointing toward you being able to use two sticks of 2GB DDR2 without any problems at all. You'll be happy to know, it's very cheap too.

How did you diagnose the power-supply was the problem? Are you using a voltage meter/software? Which power supply is it?

I assume its a power supply that is powerful enough to run your system, but has just recently started to fail? If you were over the power by 20% you would have seen problems a long time ago. To verify, you could unplug the graphics card from your board and use the on-board graphics. It will be much more laggy, but the graphics card uses a lot of excess power.

Glad you figured it out, if that is indeed the problem. (Also, depending on the power supply, you may be eligible for a free one; several offer life-time warranties with no questions asked)

NO NO NO NO NO no need to buy new pc or motherboard ur tech guys knows nothing at all about ur motherboard

u just need the following as your using same motherboard as me (i ave 4gb memory in 1 slot )

Model Name: G31M-ES2L DDR2 667 or Model Name: G31M-ES2L DDR2 800
                    then u can use 4gb memory sticks in each slot

plenty of fans to stop over heating

and a power supply thats 600 - 700 psu

[ATTACH=CONFIG]165138[/ATTACH] from ebay then ur memory is sorted
                    OMG, no. Just, no lol.

You can get two sticks of DDR2 @ 2GB each for less than 30 dollars, the ones he listed are ~140$ on amazon. You don't need to get a single stick of 4GB, you won't be upgrading because your chipset is incapable of getting more than 4GB. Plus, it's faster; Dual channel > single channel.

Save yourself the headache and a hundred bucks.

Name:	ss (2016-08-14 at 04.25.23).png
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	1726173

You do not need a 600-700 watt power supply. I would be highly surprised if your system pushed more than 300 watts. Maybe 400.

Like seriously..... I don't even need to look at a calculator to know how incorrect that is.
                    Last edited by Alsatia01; 08-14-2016, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
                      Not necessarily; in fact, my guess would be that it's likely not the culprit. You would see graphical glitches and major slow downs due to thermal throttling. If you're telling me its heating up enough to crash, then the fans are probably broken.

I agree with everything else you've said for the most part, but a driver isn't going to cause the computer to crash to that extent.

Your motherboard/chipset doesn't support any DDR3, and it does support 4GB of ram. You just need two sticks of 2GB DDR2.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]165156[/ATTACH]

So either you have a revisionist board that gigabyte didn't update correctly online, your technician lied/miscommunication about using DDR3 with this board, or your technician did..... something (I have no idea what), in order to make DDR3 compatible.

You can look on the physical ram chips themselves, they probably have a sticker saying exactly what they are. (Assuming the stickers haven't been removed)

But, all of the evidence is pointing toward you being able to use two sticks of 2GB DDR2 without any problems at all. You'll be happy to know, it's very cheap too.

How did you diagnose the power-supply was the problem? Are you using a voltage meter/software? Which power supply is it?

I assume its a power supply that is powerful enough to run your system, but has just recently started to fail? If you were over the power by 20% you would have seen problems a long time ago. To verify, you could unplug the graphics card from your board and use the on-board graphics. It will be much more laggy, but the graphics card uses a lot of excess power.

Glad you figured it out, if that is indeed the problem. (Also, depending on the power supply, you may be eligible for a free one; several offer life-time warranties with no questions asked)

OMG, no. Just, no lol.

You can get two sticks of DDR2 @ 2GB each for less than 30 dollars, the ones he listed are ~140$ on amazon. You don't need to get a single stick of 4GB, you won't be upgrading because your chipset is incapable of getting more than 4GB. Plus, it's faster; Dual channel > single channel.

Save yourself the headache and a hundred bucks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]165157[/ATTACH]

You do not need a 600-700 watt power supply. I would be highly surprised if your system pushed more than 300 watts. Maybe 400.

Like seriously..... I don't even need to look at a calculator to know how incorrect that is.
                      i use same board and i ave 1 x 4gb ddr2 memory stick and my comp is fine the board supports 8gb 2x 4gb sticks if u go ask the makers of the board

Comment

i use same board and i ave 1 x 4gb ddr2 memory stick and my comp is fine the board supports 8gb 2x 4gb sticks if u go ask the makers of the board
                        Actually, it doesn't. That's what I posted.

Name:	ss (2016-08-15 at 03.27.44).png
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	1726209

The board supports a max of 4GB on dual channels. If you put an 8GB DDR2 stick into one slot, you'll still only get 4GB; because that's the max. This is why you should buy two sticks of 2GB, not one stick of 4GB; you can't upgrade.

The only way you are going to get more RAM, is if you somehow managed to install a different chip-set onto this motherboard, one that does not come natively.

Comment

your using a high end graphics card on a dual core system running windows 10? go back to windows 7 and you will be fine. or upgrade your power supply unit and change your power settings to best performance and not best graphics .

Comment

Originally posted by magerarcherknight View Post
                            your using a high end graphics card on a dual core system running windows 10? go back to windows 7 and you will be fine.
                            I know flash is a very CPU heavy program, has anyone confirmed one way or another the performance of wartune/flash by changing the graphics card? From my experience the GPU makes little difference to wartune at best; it would be nice to see some more information one way or another.

Originally posted by magerarcherknight View Post
                            or upgrade your power supply unit and change your power settings to best performance and not best graphics .
                            +1

Comment

wartune uses heavy flash application, but the issue is not the wartune its the pc casue the graphics card he is using requires a strong psu that run all of the things in that machine. also the pc is probably set up for best display and not performance . and be sure to turn off hardware acceleration which will help with the lag since you are on a dual core system . i don't recommend playing any kind of games on windows 10 with a dual core system unless its only solitaire . also what kidn of windows 10 ?? pro or home and is it 32 or 64 bit and what kind ??? all of those things determines how the pc runs . try using a low end browser to play this game like maxthon ntiro which uses less application for the flash .
                              Last edited by magerarcherknight; 08-20-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X