Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any good active advanced mage skills?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faster =/= cd

It has a really fast casting speed, like near instantaneous, from the few times I've seen in BG, but really nothing special of a skill.

Comment

only one ive really messed with is the new aoe delphic tryed it in class wars yea... dont go there even afteri cleared troups with 60k matack and single target it crit for a wooping 12k ....... soon replaced it off my bar with thunderer again that hit harder

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
        Faster =/= cd

It has a really fast casting speed, like near instantaneous, from the few times I've seen in BG, but really nothing special of a skill.
        Nope, I mean faster cd... According to the blog, it says it has faster cd than restoration... maybe at level 3? I will edit my previous post, forgot to write cd.

Comment

Blogs aren't gospel.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraithraiser View Post
            Blogs aren't gospel.
            Yeah, I know, that is why I am asking and confirming if it is true.
            What I know now is that it has 60 sec cooldown at level 1, so maybe at level 3 it would have lesser cd than restoration? Can someone confirm if this is true?

My guildmates thought it was useless so they did not level it up to level 3, so I can't know its cd at level 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
              Yeah, I know, that is why I am asking and confirming if it is true.
              What I know now is that it has 60 sec cooldown at level 1, so maybe at level 3 it would have lesser cd than restoration? Can someone confirm if this is true?

My guildmates thought it was useless so they did not level it up to level 3, so I can't know its cd at level 3.
              didn't see any skill that will shorten CD with lvl, this is not rune
              SERVER: Kong Server 4 Oceanic (others see us as Kong-S6)
              IGN: Kimwong
              CLASS: Knight
              PLAYER TYPE: Light casher
              BATTLE RATING: 300K - 420K range
              Casual playing now, not gonna spend too much time

Comment

It's 60 sec for all 3. I can see some of the active skills usefull in some situation.

Example one:
                Our new delphic, has the same cast speed during wb as Thunderer basicly, if you get rage reduction, you might as well cast it.

Ice arrow has same speed as rof, so using ice arrow+rof/meteor during one turn does more dmg than thunderer does, and thunderer can only be connected rarely for me.

The heal ain't THAT bad in pvp, fast cast. If you don't have high clothes(like me), I usually do: some rune, rof, metoer, suni, rof, heal. the heal is based out of your hp, so if you have say 150k hp, you get 15k per 10 rage, and you don't have to have any rage to cast it, I'm usually 2 rage short or something from restoria, and if I waste a turn for that, I'll be dead when they sylph delphic.

The mana shield was kinda useful in spire, when I tanked with another mage in party, I skipped suni and puri, so I could have mana shield and thunderer. that paired with guardian rune, made so that both of us could attack more on the last few bosses.

new skills are good here and there, but no of the skills completly exchange the old skill. My basic set pve is the same, same pvp, but I do like having option to change around

Comment

nothing beats restoration 15% dmg resist with it and boost from talent...I do 200k crit heal

anyway lately heals more or less are scr ewd due to chaos and intercept I wish I can steal something crucial from other classes with chaos

time for healing class to start rise heal rune what irony

Comment

Originally posted by JkLoser87 View Post
                    It's 60 sec for all 3. I can see some of the active skills usefull in some situation.

Example one:
                    Our new delphic, has the same cast speed during wb as Thunderer basicly, if you get rage reduction, you might as well cast it.

Ice arrow has same speed as rof, so using ice arrow+rof/meteor during one turn does more dmg than thunderer does, and thunderer can only be connected rarely for me.

The heal ain't THAT bad in pvp, fast cast. If you don't have high clothes(like me), I usually do: some rune, rof, metoer, suni, rof, heal. the heal is based out of your hp, so if you have say 150k hp, you get 15k per 10 rage, and you don't have to have any rage to cast it, I'm usually 2 rage short or something from restoria, and if I waste a turn for that, I'll be dead when they sylph delphic.

The mana shield was kinda useful in spire, when I tanked with another mage in party, I skipped suni and puri, so I could have mana shield and thunderer. that paired with guardian rune, made so that both of us could attack more on the last few bosses.

new skills are good here and there, but no of the skills completly exchange the old skill. My basic set pve is the same, same pvp, but I do like having option to change around
                    well why would I want mana shield if I got rune 50% resist .....not to mention that mana shield disappear as soon as u are healed with restor or use guardian rune ...dmg resist don't stack

so rune no rage cost or turn waste more dmg resist and gives rage actually

Comment

The new delphic...as said before, with a rage reduction it does decent damage

Anthem...with my hp approaching 400k, need very little rage to heal fully, so it'd be an option if running with a limited rage build perhaps, solo pvp with no lb or similar...maybe
                      Tried it in cw, but i was lagging so bad that that test is not conclusive XD

Comment

Example one:
                        And waste so much rage just to get 10-20k more damage? No way. Would rather use Thunderer and have enough rage to cast another Thunderer in a short period.

If I don't lag, I often double Thund + LB/RoF. Mybe will try using it once, but nothing will compensate me the 2s Thunderer's CD.

The only reasonable usage of it, but I still prefer my Restoration (since I always have enough rage to cast, not mentioning that with that damn Chaos, we rarely can heal in PvP).

Well, 16% ain't much of a difference and with Regeneration Astral, Guardian Rune one doesn't really need it.

Comment

I did not know that mana shield get negated with restoria, then it's a big flaw xD

But I still stand my opinion, all have it's own uses.

Say you have 400k like one said he has, you are throwing a lightning bolt, low on hp, you get intercepted, you'll still get 72k hp from it. Restoria is still superior, but at times that 35 rage can screw you. I am ewd, and haven't worked my survival much, but with the "rune, rof, meteor, suni, rof, new heal" I heal 60k before sylph, plus the 10k or so from suni.

And yes, Thunderer+another skill does happen, but I have never linked said Rof with a thunderer, but that could be cause of lag. If I got ton of rage reduction, I rather cast the new delphic.

As I said before, with a change, All skills have their usage, except for mana shield xD

Comment

I did not know that mana shield get negated with restoria, then it's a big flaw xD

But I still stand my opinion, all have it's own uses.

Say you have 400k like one said he has, you are throwing a lightning bolt, low on hp, you get intercepted, you'll still get 72k hp from it. Restoria is still superior, but at times that 35 rage can screw you. I am ewd, and haven't worked my survival much, but with the "rune, rof, meteor, suni, rof, new heal" I heal 60k before sylph, plus the 10k or so from suni.

And yes, Thunderer+another skill does happen, but I have never linked said Rof with a thunderer, but that could be cause of lag. If I got ton of rage reduction, I rather cast the new delphic.

As I said before, with a change, All skills have their usage, except for mana shield xD
                            as I said u cant have guardian rune 85% dmg resist on max if u use mana shield 16% on max ...so u calculate what is better for u 85% dmg resist fast cast rune gives rage cant be dispelled and last 4 turns if im not mistaken or 45 rage cost 16% dmg that can be scattered and last 3 turns

Comment

I have seen the new heal be of some use but it's basically for mages using stall sets and winning with slyph+bleed. Have all heals minus puri and just throw bleed rune. Can even bring Triton for more heal spam. It's annoying...but guess it's kinda useful if you want to do pvp like that?

Comment

Thanks for info.

Comment

Working...
                                X