Wanna get rid of Lag?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xEvilMunkyx View Post
    Yes, it can't get much better. Your ping measures the round-trip time of a packet of data going from your computer, out to the test server, then back again. That means, for you, it takes only 1 millisecond (0.01 seconds).
    ohh wow that sounds fast. so from it we can say for sure that my network speed its not why i lag))

Comment

Originally posted by EdGrr View Post
      Ping is a computer network tool used to test whether a particular host is reachable across an IP network; it is also used to self test the network interface card of the computer. It works by sending ICMP “echo request” packets to the target host and listening for ICMP “echo response” replies. ping estimates the round-trip time, generally in milliseconds, and records any packet loss, and prints a statistical summary when finished.
      the actual ping program was written by mike muuss as a aid to troubleshooting odd behaviour on a i.p network,and he named it after the pulses of sound that are made by a sonar.
      wow sounds complicated. i know now why i like simple stuff like language and dislike math and informatics))

Comment

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3989653542.png is this any good?

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
          By today's standards, unfortunately, no. You're getting just over 3Mbps, which nowadays is barely considered broadband.
          Obsidian, Lv80 Crit Mage (R2-S112)

Retired, but still lurking forums.

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
            not good at all to be totally honest

just an fyi
            the higher the mbps is and the lower the ping, the better
            IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
            Class: Archer
            Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
            Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedlei View Post
              All I hear from everyone on my server is lag this and lag that. I've been trying to educate my server, but of course, no one wants to listen. For those of us that have been playing since 2.0 like myself, maybe you'll remember the days when there was never a complaint about lag. The game continues to evolve and it's not going to stop. New patches and add-ins are constantly being added. These are not the cause of the lag. There are 2 primary causes for lag.

1.Internet Provider Capabilities.
              The game requires a lot of data flow at a very high speed. If your internet provider doesn't have the speed requirements necessary for the game, you are going to have lag. Do you constantly have loading issues, or you hear complaints about how it takes forever to load each screen? These are the peolpe that do not have the speed requirements to adequately play the game. Either get high speed internet, or deal with the lag. It's not r2 or 7roads fault.

2. Your Computers Processor.
              Wartune is a "Flash" game. It requires a lot of flash and ram to properly display what it needs to. If you have an older processor such as i4 or older, then you don't have an adequate processor to handle the amount of flash necessary for the game. The amount of flash being used by the game has greatly increased since the good 'ol days of 2.0. Primarily due to the clothes and mounts. The brighter, more colorful, and more flashy your clothes and mounts are, the more flash is required for your computer to properly display the game. If you have ever noticed when there are a bunch of players all in the same area of the city, and you get laggy, it's because of all the flash necessary to dispaly all of their clothes and mounts.

If you want to reduce the amout of lag you have and you suffer from either of these two issues or can't change the two issues I've listed above, then the best advise I can give is to use basic mounts and hide your clothes. Until r2 adds in a feature to hide other players, it's the only thing that will help you with the lag issues.

* And seriously people, stop blaming r2 on your problems. It was us that created the lag and keeps it going, not r2.
              From which university you passed? Do you ever had any technical knowledge? kk suppose you have high internet and latest gaming processor but server of r2 is incapable of handling request will lag happen or not? just answer yes or No. if yes then shut your **** here and go and re do your examination for technical knowledge. Jeez still there are guys who know little and act as they know everything. If flash is the problem ask the developer to make use of interoperability platforms, other java based games are there using extensive graphic and all, tell r2 developer to use that for reference.

Comment

Ya, cache issues our fault.
                East coast archer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSEngel View Post
                  Ya, cache issues our fault.
                  ur rite .. so i used an application that help my pc to save cache of this game, it helps me when i play this game and for slow loading

Comment

or... r2 could quit merging, and overloading servers... There is a thing called a server overload

Comment

Originally posted by Gog_Magog View Post
                      ur rite .. so i used an application that help my pc to save cache of this game, it helps me when i play this game and for slow loading
                      And what application is that?
                      Server:[S901] NASA / Class: Chicken / Guild: Barn / Lvl.82 / Br: Almost Infinity / Title: Cupcake Warrior / Sylph: 7-star black Volvo

Comment

Originally posted by Wickedlei View Post
                        All I hear from everyone on my server is lag this and lag that. I've been trying to educate my server, but of course, no one wants to listen. For those of us that have been playing since 2.0 like myself, maybe you'll remember the days when there was never a complaint about lag. The game continues to evolve and it's not going to stop. New patches and add-ins are constantly being added. These are not the cause of the lag. There are 2 primary causes for lag.

1.Internet Provider Capabilities.
                        The game requires a lot of data flow at a very high speed. If your internet provider doesn't have the speed requirements necessary for the game, you are going to have lag. Do you constantly have loading issues, or you hear complaints about how it takes forever to load each screen? These are the peolpe that do not have the speed requirements to adequately play the game. Either get high speed internet, or deal with the lag. It's not r2 or 7roads fault.

2. Your Computers Processor.
                        Wartune is a "Flash" game. It requires a lot of flash and ram to properly display what it needs to. If you have an older processor such as i4 or older, then you don't have an adequate processor to handle the amount of flash necessary for the game. The amount of flash being used by the game has greatly increased since the good 'ol days of 2.0. Primarily due to the clothes and mounts. The brighter, more colorful, and more flashy your clothes and mounts are, the more flash is required for your computer to properly display the game. If you have ever noticed when there are a bunch of players all in the same area of the city, and you get laggy, it's because of all the flash necessary to dispaly all of their clothes and mounts.

If you want to reduce the amout of lag you have and you suffer from either of these two issues or can't change the two issues I've listed above, then the best advise I can give is to use basic mounts and hide your clothes. Until r2 adds in a feature to hide other players, it's the only thing that will help you with the lag issues.

* And seriously people, stop blaming r2 on your problems. It was us that created the lag and keeps it going, not r2.
                        Seriously moronic post.

How hard would it be for R2 to add these two switches to their game:

* Do not display character clothing
                        * Do not display character or monster animation

It is the designers' fault for making a game no more advanced than Baldur's Gate II run worse than Crysis emulated by a Mac emulated by an Amiga 500.
                        Last edited by Yesheron; 12-18-2014, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brutal_Hobo View Post
                          http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3989072651

welcome to Australian internet
                          I have the same conection but my pc is a core i7 with 8 Gb RAM no graph card... and i do not lag too much, but with the new patches i've been laggin a bit more... i will try with lowering screen resolution as someone adviced.
                          R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
                          Archer Linkoneusc
                          Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Originally posted by Yesheron View Post
                            Seriously moronic post.

How hard would it be for R2 to add these two switches to their game:

* Do not display character clothing
                            * Do not display character or monster animation

It is the designers' fault for making a game no more advanced than Baldur's Gate II run worse than Crysis emulated by a Mac emulated by an Amiga 500.

I see on configh an option to not show animation or something but i think do not work cuz i still see same shiny thing around...
                            R2-S426 Redwicky (merged)
                            Archer Linkoneusc
                            Legion Guild

1+1=3

Comment

Maybe next step is to fix the lag but make the fix a cash-only upgrade? 100 USD for one lag-free month?

Comment

Working...
                              X