Influence: the new stun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
    JBirdie and that R2# guy are talking about kidpets, of which only the knight has a stun move, I believe.

The rest of us, however, are talking about the adv skills.
    @his 2nd part he only refers to knight class saying a noob knight beat him that just turned lv80 lol and w/o euds, but that's his own fault since everyone has an adv class stun skill. Soulhunter/Ice Bolt/Death Warrant... and influence seems highly unbalanced where you can stun regardless of higher or lower influence stat, cashing up to 20 fast is probably just a few % better dodge chance at best.

Comment

I don't care about being stunned by other players. People rarely use HS & the USELESS advanced skills any ways. Some knew my HS & infl. level & used it, but those are small in number & most stunners didn't kill me so don't care.

BUT, now the PvE opponents can stun you based on influence level. That really hurts, especially for boss fights.

Let's say, I never bought any beads & still have lvl2 influence now. If I solo BI without eudy, I'd get stunned starting from wave 3 & have a hard time finishing wave 6. Apparently, I'm lvl80 so I can always bring a eudy & beat BI with ease, but if I were under lvl70, I could probably never solo BI without higher influence, all because of this senseless boss stun thing.

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
      I remember how many people were ****** over being stunner for 2-3 rounds due to holy seal. This was a long long topic of hatred. People hated not being able to do anything due to stuns.

But it was settled eventually. More by everyone reaching lvl 99 holy seal than by the holy seal getting nerfed.

And now it's back, but in a much more nasty form. Each class has a new skill which can stun as good as holy seal - if not better - if you have a significantly higher influence than your opponent. The difference is that while you could counter holy seal by spending time and gaining XP, this one is much more difficult.

Because to keep up, you do not need just to some spend balens and/or time - that would be ok - but you need to spend a RIDICULOUS amount of money. A level 20 influence cost like 1000 USD via sales - and much more via buying beads at the wheel. And even then the other can bid on you with spending another truckload of balen to have a better medal.

I can understand the need for adding new things, but stun was already hated by players deeply, nerfed and effectively chased away from the game - and no it comes back in a ten times worse form.

And the game has changed, earlier every item you could get for free. Now beads, truncheons, hammers, advanced sepu/mahra... there are more and more items exclusively for super-heavy cashers only. This is a bad tendency, because it looks like some last desperate attempt to milk the whales.

Comment

Originally posted by R238423534 View Post
        Let's say, I never bought any beads & still have lvl2 influence now. If I solo BI without eudy, I'd get stunned starting from wave 3 & have a hard time finishing wave 6. Apparently, I'm lvl80 so I can always bring a eudy & beat BI with ease, but if I were under lvl70, I could probably never solo BI without higher influence, all because of this senseless boss stun thing.
        Soloing a 4 man dungeon is ok, but not being able because some of your stats is low is nonsense?

This makes so much sense....

Influence as every other stats should be raised. How far did you go in sky trail without proper resistance? How far did you go in necropolis/purgatory without enough attack? Having lvl 2 influence (from 20) is basically not having any. Do you see any pattern here?
        THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST ME.

Comment

Originally posted by daunapu View Post
          Soloing a 4 man dungeon is ok, but not being able because some of your stats is low is nonsense?

This makes so much sense....

Influence as every other stats should be raised. How far did you go in sky trail without proper resistance? How far did you go in necropolis/purgatory without enough attack? Having lvl 2 influence (from 20) is basically not having any. Do you see any pattern here?
          lol why can't u try it urself & see how it feels alike when the boss stuns u for almost every turn?
          unless u can 1hit every boss, being stunned for almost every turn means stats is kinda useless.
          influence for now is like fate wheel some 1-2 years ago, at which time only cashers could have at a higher level.
          not that i don't think cashers should have advantage, but the majority of wartune players are just small or free players.
          making the game not playable by the majority isn't a wise marketing strategy.

as for me personally, i don't even renew vip any more, so now i count as a free player so need to speak from a free player's perspective

Comment

Wahtever the stun comes from the skill in the char, the Eudamon or the bosses in PVE it's a feaute of the game. I compare it to chaos, stay there for 2 turns waiting and thinking your next moves, depending on what your oponent throws at you. Actualy choas is worse since it will damage your team companions or heals your oponent.
            It's a feature of the game that we all learn how to deal with, for better or worse.

JBird
            Boas Tetas, S60 Leaves Fort
            Mage lvl.80 ~8M BR, 5xCW Sorceror EU zone
            One Swallow doensn't make a summer but a Bird crafts a victory

Comment

lol why can't u try it urself & see how it feels alike when the boss stuns u for almost every turn?
              unless u can 1hit every boss, being stunned for almost every turn means stats is kinda useless.
              influence for now is like fate wheel some 1-2 years ago, at which time only cashers could have at a higher level.
              not that i don't think cashers should have advantage, but the majority of wartune players are just small or free players.
              making the game not playable by the majority isn't a wise marketing strategy.

as for me personally, i don't even renew vip any more, so now i count as a free player so need to speak from a free player's perspective
              I dont need to try something that makes perfect logic sense.

You have the right to complain if you already have lvl 20 influence and still getting constantly stunned.

Comment

You have the right to complain if you already have lvl 20 influence and still getting constantly stunned.
                so if i'm not a top player then i have no right to complain therefore no right to enjoy the game or help to improve it?
                perfectly "sensible". thanks for showing this attitude & for saving most players from wartune addiction.
                just worse for those who choose to stay & subsequently fewer would stay.

how about, monsters have immunity to stun & speed reduction, while we players don't?
                they can throw stun & freeze debuffs on us, some of which can't be purified, while we cannot take revenge by doing same thing?
                fair? sensible? yes, in daunapu's logic.

every good & bad feature is part of game. when something doesn't sound right to most people (such as dimension pvp), it probably isn't.

Comment

so if i'm not a top player then i have no right to complain therefore no right to enjoy the game or help to improve it?
                  perfectly "sensible". thanks for showing this attitude & for saving most players from wartune addiction.
                  just worse for those who choose to stay & subsequently fewer would stay.

how about, monsters have immunity to stun & speed reduction, while we players don't?
                  they can throw stun & freeze debuffs on us, some of which can't be purified, while we cannot take revenge by doing same thing?
                  fair? sensible? yes, in daunapu's logic.

every good & bad feature is part of game. when something doesn't sound right to most people (such as dimension pvp), it probably isn't.
                  No, it means the influence is broken, and you should complain.

Now, with your lvl 2, is like having lvl 2 resistance gems and wondering why you cant beat ef nm.

Nothing for casher vs free players here, except in your head.

Comment

No, it means the influence is broken, and you should complain.

Now, with your lvl 2, is like having lvl 2 resistance gems and wondering why you cant beat ef nm.

Nothing for casher vs free players here, except in your head.
                    well, ef is meant to be something challenging & intriguing for advanced 80s. these people have access to fate wheel & influence, & they more or less need to be stronger than an average lvl50-79. it also explicitly states 700 res is recommended, which is not trivial to come by. that's part of the dungeon requirement to begin with.

BI did not require influence until this patch, & lvl50-54s can't even have influence. to me, such addition counts as a nerf & isn't particularly sensible.

just different opinions.

Comment

Working...
                    X