new hide all button blows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
    I know I am going to sound like a racist, but I am fairly disappointed and had lost all faith in thinking that Asians are those who are most intelligent than the rest of the world. I guess I was wrong in believing in that.
    Lets make things clear:

1) We bought access from R2Games USA, who has U.S. licence.
    2) They provide to us the game developed by Chinese 7road.com with some additions/removal on the way.

So I do not care about ethnicity and race of developers and ask again:
    - Who tested and allowed these changes to deliver to our accounts? Especially after fiasco with non-well tested 5.0?

And answer is simple:
    - R2Games USA.

Comment

I agree that it shouldn't turn on automatically but i don't see the problem of having it always on.

Comment

Originally posted by P-J-J View Post
        Lets make things clear:

1) We bought access from R2Games USA, who has U.S. licence.
        2) They provide to us the game developed by Chinese 7road.com with some additions/removal on the way.

So I do not care about ethnicity and race of developers and ask again:
        - Who tested and allowed these changes to deliver to our accounts? Especially after fiasco with non-well tested 5.0?

And answer is simple:
        - R2Games USA.
        True that, I don't even think they have a QA department.
        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Originally posted by Katjuza View Post
          makes the lag go away????? LMAO.. no it really dosent make the lag go away.. never had this much lag when playing wartune as after this uppdate whit the hide button.
          EXACTLY the same for me, and for other friends in the Game. I rarely suffered lag in the past (OK, I've been lucky) but since that damn "Hide other object" appeared I lag like a Champ and have to refresh during and after just about every event.

Originally posted by SlowPlay View Post
          I agree that it shouldn't turn on automatically but i don't see the problem of having it always on.
          For me the problem is two-fold.
          1, It appears to be the cause of a SIGNIFICANT deterioration in performance for me; 2, I really don't enjoy playing the game as much when I don't "see the action".

Arguably, it doesn't effect the result of the fights (IMHO it does, but I accept there is an argument that it makes little difference to some players, depending on their style and preference) but, for me, it detracts from the enjoyment that *I* get from the game. If I want a game that simply determines winner and loser on a mathematical formula, then I wouldn't need graphics at all and could play something at Code level with just letters and numbers on the screen.

Originally posted by Deeelinquent View Post
          This is a "free" game, this is not World of Warcraft etc... Wartune devs and players need to realise that, so of course there will be problems that just won't go away.
          Sorry, but I have to laugh at that one. "Free Game"? ROFLMAO. . . yes, sure some players do play without any recharging and without buying Balens, but the majority of players pay something (from "VIP only" players, through "Light Cashers" right up to "the Whales.") and if they didn't there would be no Wartune. Fair enough, you don't buy the game up front like a Console Game, but a lot of players (my guess is 'most players) end up paying 10x, 100x or Nx the price of one-off purchase,

Let's not pretend that this game is developed and hosted out of charity or the kindness of hearts. It is a massive multi-multi-million-dollar business with a massive Worldwide staff, so it is not unreasonable for "The Customers" to expect at least a basic level of Quality Assurance and Beta testing before the latest ill-thought-out and badly-coded Patch is unleashed.

Comment

I have a couple of problems with this button - a) it turns on automatically AT LEAST 2 times per fight, when I didn't ask it to and b) it actually lags things MORE for me when it is turned on lol.

I video'd TW finals tonight - it shows clearly what an absolute curse this button is. Just get rid of it - it doesn't work and it is making things unplayable.
            Server: S371
            Guild: Harmony♣
            Class: Archer
            Rapidly losing interest.......

Comment

Let's not pretend that this game is developed and hosted out of charity or the kindness of hearts. It is a massive multi-multi-million-dollar business with a massive Worldwide staff, so it is not unreasonable for "The Customers" to expect at least a basic level of Quality Assurance and Beta testing before the latest ill-thought-out and badly-coded Patch is unleashed.
              Notice how you have said "multi-million-dollar business", which translates to us as probably having money to fund for some real testing, feed back, and providing a service/product that users can really enjoy. This is not something R2/7Road/ProCity had done since 5.0, and it will get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by kelbeans View Post
                it doesn't work and it is making things unplayable.
                I've it always on and i have way better performance now. Your pc spec? Just curious why it make it umplayable for you.

Comment

I've it always on and i have way better performance now. Your pc spec? Just curious why it make it umplayable for you.
                  I can answer here:
                  - we are not able to predict element and class before it start to cast = we lost 1 round of strategy for the toon and eudemon class and many for the sylph element.
                  - the strategy changed to cash or die as especially the strongest element in game (sylph) can be determined only after 3-5 rounds on average.

Want to play where you are prepared for all the alternatives by having higher BR and RES? This is no more game but pay bill - pay more than your opponent can achieve with any combination of RES and ATK/DEF, all types of eudemons and sylphs.

Comment

Before 5.0, I can run 4 accounts without that much lag. With this fiasco, and a hidden few that was told by a forum member, you'd be lucky to handle just one without it dying after a few hours into game play.

Comment

I can answer here:
                      - we are not able to predict element and class before it start to cast = we lost 1 round of strategy for the toon and eudemon class and many for the sylph element.
                      - the strategy changed to cash or die as especially the strongest element in game (sylph) can be determined only after 3-5 rounds on average.

Want to play where you are prepared for all the alternatives by having higher BR and RES? This is no more game but pay bill - pay more than your opponent can achieve with any combination of RES and ATK/DEF, all types of eudemons and sylphs.
                      "strategy"... Dude strategy doesn't matter anymore in wartune since years, opponent class matter only to know if he has guardian rune or not, about sylph yeah u can't see which sylph they have and i can see that being a problem for non vip or those that rushed res crystal but then again you have to adapt only to water and wind sylph pretty much, every other sylph you have time once u see the 1st skill on pet mode. Anyway i wasn't concerned much about gameplay issue, i wanna know pc specs because it sound weird to me that performance now are worse than before when the game is far less graphic heavy. Just an example i'm running on an i5 gtx 630 2 gb and 8 gb of ram and the performance are way better than before the hide button.

Comment

"strategy"... Dude strategy doesn't matter anymore in wartune since years, opponent class matter only to know if he has guardian rune or not, about sylph yeah u can't see which sylph they have and i can see that being a problem for non vip or those that rushed res crystal but then again you have to adapt only to water and wind sylph pretty much, every other sylph you have time once u see the 1st skill on pet mode. Anyway i wasn't concerned much about gameplay issue, i wanna know pc specs because it sound weird to me that performance now are worse than before when the game is far less graphic heavy. Just an example i'm running on an i5 gtx 630 2 gb and 8 gb of ram and the performance are way better than before the hide button.
                        It's a pity they split our cluster so I will not be able to see your non-strategy:
                        - it is difference to fight against archer who can remove your buffs than to knight with reduces and bleeds and mages with heals and damage increases
                        - and similarly against various eudemons
                        - for sylphs it is also good to know the element due to differences in defence in divinity and non-divinity modes and planning based on your actual RES set-up

As I wrote in other thread, after I blocked the JavaScript nirvana, the game started to respond faster (still there are delays as Flash is trying to export raw data to blocked scripts) even on 2 core CPU with 4 GB RAM notebook

Comment

It's a pity they split our cluster so I will not be able to see your non-strategy:
                          - it is difference to fight against archer who can remove your buffs than to knight with reduces and bleeds and mages with heals and damage increases
                          - and similarly against various eudemons
                          - for sylphs it is also good to know the element due to differences in defence in divinity and non-divinity modes and planning based on your actual RES set-up

As I wrote in other thread, after I blocked the JavaScript nirvana, the game started to respond faster (still there are delays as Flash is trying to export raw data to blocked scripts) even on 2 core CPU with 4 GB RAM notebook
                          Do i know you?

Anyway let's focus on the strategy, nearly all you said makes no sense, you know after the 1st skill which class you're facing, if you open with shield you're a noob and deserve the opponent archer to ss you, about knight both apollo and death warrant are not opening skills, the only point u could have is on mage sunt (no mage use damnation in pvp, don't make a fool of yourself) if you use chaos to steal it but if you're one that use chaos you're gonna use it anyway as opening so then again it doesn't matter.

About eud you either one that kill eud asap, one that kill only mage/knight eud asap or one that let it live and try to take advantage of chaos, either way you'll see after the 1st turn which eud your opponent has.

About sylph, the difference in defence is complete nonsense, the res part matter till a certain point, if you face same stat opponent that has res against your sylph and you have 0 against his you're gonna lose no matter what strategy you'll use (unless your opponent is a noob), if both have 0 res nuke is the way to go as it has always been in wartune (except the few months where there was 90% damage red from res which was the last strategy part we had in game)

About js nirvana, afaik it matters only if you have a slow connection but it shouldn't be cpu heavy and averange pc with slow connection isn't a good combo for wartune sadly.

Little edit: to prevent an ad hominem i've been 17th or so in cw since a long time even without being the highest br on 17-100 so my non strategy kinda work
                          Last edited by SlowPlay; 11-01-2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X