World Boss HP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R23224943 View Post
    we all want the WB health raised to atleast 5x current level and they can do it ..
    WRONG! And it has been explained why too many times for me to bother repeating it.

(Bold mine)

Comment

Originally posted by Alsatia01 View Post
      Let's say for the sake argument, that these new servers would be incapable of killing the world boss, because it healed too fast. Why is that a problem exactly?
      You've just solved your own question with your own preceding sentence.

I rather kill the mother<expletive> fast, be done and over with, and move onto another thing on my to-do list. Now, it's not my problem if you folks give your WB a "quickie". On our cluster, we strip (majority of us) off our Euds/Sylphs to prolong the rounds when we have that quest that calls for 5 WB battles. We're averaging about 10-14 rounds (depending on turnout) before it's dead. Maybe you folks should do the same.
      Vicious! Approach with Caution!
      Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
      Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
      Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

what if they did a wb every 6 hrs, and make it so you can only attend 2 in a day, that could spread out when people do wb to obtain more gld and give those that might miss a wb an opportunity to get gld by having more chances at getting it.
        384 spireglade Brian1

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
          WRONG! And it has been explained why too many times for me to bother repeating it.

(Bold mine)
          why because some **** new server can't kill it .. ohhhh how bad its only 200,000 gold they missing on and if it don't die the health lowers itself anyway

whoever you are on oceanic **** off
          Last edited by R23224943; 03-03-2016, 02:18 AM.
          Cyanide
          Server: R2Games S230 Cross Chasm (Oceanic)
          Guild: Sicario

Comment

why because some **** new server can't kill it .. ohhhh how bad its only 200,000 gold they missing on and if it don't die the health lowers itself anyway

R2 go back and read the second post of this thread before you make remarks like so. they CANT just multiply the wb hp by 5. it does not work like that.
            384 spireglade Brian1

Comment

Riiight... Way to go not understanding the situation, boy-o

Comment

Originally posted by Airforce11 View Post
                R2 go back and read the second post of this thread before you make remarks like so. they CANT just multiply the wb hp by 5. it does not work like that.
                they can .. it would take a MT to alter the health like they did last time when they changed to the 32-bit signed integer.. they can change that again to a 64-bit signed integer
                Last edited by R23224943; 03-03-2016, 03:30 AM.
                Cyanide

Comment

they can .. it would take a MT to alter the health like they did last time when they changed to the 32-bit signed integer.. they can change that again to a 64-bit signed integer
                  No, they can't. I'll go into more detail -

Flash doesn't support a 64-bit(8-byte) integer.

They are using a 32-bit (4-bytes) signed integer now, which has an upper limit of 2,147,483,647.
                  They could upgrade it to a 32-bit (4-bytes) unsigned integer, which has an upper limit of 4,294,967,295.

The world boss currently has 1,167,717,041 health. 1,167,717,041 X 5 = 5,838,585,205

~5.8billion is far beyond the max limit of an unsigned 4-byte integer.

Edit - Which is why I added that using a floating point number might be acceptable. However, floating point numbers were not intended for use as integers. They fundamentally work differently and are just not suited to accurately represent whole numbers on large scales. That being said, the floating point 'number' in this case, can use up to 53-bits (~6.5-bytes) to represent integers, but it gets a little wonky when you get toward the upper limit. Most any professional coder with knowledge of flash would probably recommend against using this data-type for integer use exclusively.
                  Last edited by Alsatia01; 03-03-2016, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                    You've just solved your own question with your own preceding sentence.

I rather kill the mother<expletive> fast, be done and over with, and move onto another thing on my to-do list. Now, it's not my problem if you folks give your WB a "quickie". On our cluster, we strip (majority of us) off our Euds/Sylphs to prolong the rounds when we have that quest that calls for 5 WB battles. We're averaging about 10-14 rounds (depending on turnout) before it's dead. Maybe you folks should do the same.
                    You didn't answer my question, nor did I answer it myself.

If we are unable to kill the world boss, because it heals too fast..... why is that a problem? From my view, if you want to do the world boss for a few minutes and then move along to the next event, you can still do that if the world boss is alive. In fact, if it was a daily occurrence, I would wager most people wouldn't do the world boss for a full hour everyday anyway.

Also... removing eudaemon/slyphs isn't going to help in any real sense for a lot of servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Meikura001 View Post
                      That's a problem because the newer servers will never kill the WB, even if they started to get somewhere. R2 is all about generics, not specifics. For them, it is one size fits all technique. They figured what worked in one server/region/advancement should work in others. And that's why it is in the mess it is in.
                      No Problem at all, then put a 15 min time limit. WBs will end with that timer. New servers WBs will last 15 mins, old servers wild last 15 mins, all happy.

Comment

screw the health then go for a time limit like the guy above said .. i like the idea of 4.7 mill - 6.5 mill gold for 15 min straight
                        Cyanide

Comment

Is there anything in WT that you can hit that does not have a hp and is based on a time limit?

Comment

Originally posted by AdaJames View Post
                            Is there anything in WT that you can hit that does not have a hp and is based on a time limit?
                            Yea, I think that may not be possible with their current system. I suppose they could setup an auto-heal buff for full health every turn, but then automatically end the event in 15 minutes, though. That should be possible.

Comment

I'll talk about numbers.
                              Now, WB has 2.1b HP. This is exactly the maximum of "int" type in ActionScript (it holds from -2.1*10^9 to 2.1*10^9). This is a 4-byte variable, the most common one. If they could change if for "uint", the HP can be as high as 4294967295 (i.e. twice it is now). Not a big deal, but it is a start.
                              Also, ActionScript has "Number" type, which can hold from -9*10^15 to 9*10^15 of integer values. Million times bigger - more than enough for WB. And I'm pretty sure it has usage in code - just check your accumulated exp in ratings.
                              So, they can change the data type and associated methods. It is not rocket science.

So, the only reason this is not implemented is either they do not want to do it or do not care about it.

Comment

Originally posted by R299176373 View Post
                                I'll talk about numbers.
                                Now, WB has 2.1b HP. This is exactly the maximum of "int" type in ActionScript (it holds from -2.1*10^9 to 2.1*10^9). This is a 4-byte variable, the most common one. If they could change if for "uint", the HP can be as high as 4294967295 (i.e. twice it is now). Not a big deal, but it is a start.
                                Also, ActionScript has "Number" type, which can hold from -9*10^15 to 9*10^15 of integer values. Million times bigger - more than enough for WB. And I'm pretty sure it has usage in code - just check your accumulated exp in ratings.
                                So, they can change the data type and associated methods. It is not rocket science.

So, the only reason this is not implemented is either they do not want to do it or do not care about it.
                                Or they can not do it
                                IGN: princestewii
                                Class: Archer
                                Server: Kabam 86

Comment

Working...
                                X