No announcement yet.

Archer Talents Are useless..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

say you crit with every hit, which is very unlikely, but just for this lets say we do, also say you have lunatic maxed, deep freeze maxed and blood thirsty maxed. Start of battle you have 30, so arrow strike - 40 rage, arrow strike - 50 rage, lunatic all crits so 5 rage x 3 players x 3 hits each - 45 rage + 5 you didn't use = 50 rage, deep freeze if it crits will leave you with 20, by this time fight should be almost over, troops are gone and just the character left, so multi shot etc till character has died. This is how archers should be played with ALMOST 100% crit chance, so say they cap it at 80% to make it reasonable and balanced

Comment

Originally posted by R24997963 View Post
      I'm an archer with 10K patk and 5K MDEF but still can't beat the mage with 8K MATK and 4-5K PDEF without blessing..
      There is much more to this game than just PATK, MATK and PDEF. Astrals can heavily change everything - with damage reduction, damage increase, damage reflection. How much health does the mage have? how much %age damage do you do relatively per turn? likewise how much MDEF do you have? and how much relative %agedamage does the mage do to you per turn... much much more involved than just PATK and PDEF... learn the game.
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
      Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Personally I'm getting Holy Seal to level 5, get the damage reduction talent then forgetting the talent section for the time being. It's a huge experience dump for minor gain. Probably not worth the investment until you are a very high level and have nothing else to do.

Originally posted by ChieftainRez View Post
        But that doesn't mean I don't like to stun the hell out of people with Holy Seal in grand Arena and watch them have to stand there and wait for death when there is nothing they can do about it.

We got all sorts of messages from non-S1 people on the first Arena after they rolled it out for us... lol
        You are so evil, funny, but evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Mursilis View Post
          Personally I'm getting Holy Seal to level 5, get the damage reduction talent then forgetting the talent section for the time being. It's a huge experience dump for minor gain. Probably not worth the investment until you are a very high level and have nothing else to do.

you are right there, it's more beneficial at 75+ when you have a lot more skills and don't really need to level

Comment

Originally posted by Mursilis View Post

Thanks, since everyone is getting holy seal to 5, I should get to 6, hehehe. See you in arena.
            Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
            Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
            Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
            One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
            In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
            One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
            One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
            In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

all is useless i think. only reduce damage 5% will used. emmm oh and stun enemy 3 run lol :P

Comment

Originally posted by R2471526 View Post
                say you crit with every hit, which is very unlikely, but just for this lets say we do, also say you have lunatic maxed, deep freeze maxed and blood thirsty maxed. Start of battle you have 30, so arrow strike - 40 rage, arrow strike - 50 rage, lunatic all crits so 5 rage x 3 players x 3 hits each - 45 rage + 5 you didn't use = 50 rage, deep freeze if it crits will leave you with 20, by this time fight should be almost over, troops are gone and just the character left, so multi shot etc till character has died. This is how archers should be played with ALMOST 100% crit chance, so say they cap it at 80% to make it reasonable and balanced
                Are you assuming all the skill you've just thrown up there will be all crit? You calculated everything with 100% crit.. LOL! For your information crit rate is 1 major problem of archer. I think even onimad w/ high crit having problem with that.. Anyway whats your IGN and server? You sound like a tough archer.. =) Can you show us That strategy of yours.. You seemed do a 100% crit rate based on your explanation up there.. =)

Comment

thats why i said 'say you crit every hit', hypothetically, not reality.
                  Last edited by R2471526; 01-11-2013, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by R2471526 View Post
                    thats why i said 'say you crit every hit', hypothetically, not reality.
                    lol! so its a joke? =)

Comment

ofcourse 100% crit in this game is impossible and crit itself is a joke. I was going on from my previous post about archers sucking due to the lack of rage gain, and about someone saying about chained skills

Comment

Stealth: The 5% damage reduction is nice, but if I have to level up Holy Seal to 15 before I can get level 2, I'd sure as heck better get more than a 1% increase to it.

Fury: This is kind of nice, until you consider that the cooldown is 45 seconds. Shortening it by 5 makes it 40 seconds. By the time an archer has gained 45 rage to do this with, used it, and waited those 40 seconds, the fight is probably over. You almost certainly won't be getting another two rounds to make use of that 3% crit increase. Still, not terrible.

Insight: Maybe later on there are boss fights with a bunch of bosses all within one square of each other, but so far there haven't been. Even in GoD with all three bosses present, incendiary shot can at best hit two. Other than that, when are you going to have 65 rage to be worrying about decreasing the cooldown by 7 seconds? Not worth it imo.

Potency: This skill actually has the potential to be AMAZING. Armor piercer is an awesome move except for the high rage cost. However, it's not very efficient by way of skill points. Since the two skills are on different trees, you can't efficiently have both on the same tree (and thus in the same fight) until somewhere around level 60. Still, at that point this will be awesome.

Enrage: Eh, this skill is okay. It isn't awesome, but it's not awful either. If you haven't focused crit, then you'll probably like this one.

Scrutiny: This skill I like. Arrow Show is a staple move for both trees and is the number one way we gain rage. And while from 10% to 13% at level 2 isn't amazing, it at least is better than the 1% for Stealth. Get this one if you do nothing else.

Retribution: I don't understand this talent at all. One hundred rage points means that decreasing the cooldown from 60 to 55 seconds doesn't matter all that much since you probably haven't regained the rage anyway. And a 5% increase in crit rate? From 20 to 25%? Eh, I suppose if you work hard to level this up a lot it might be useful in boss fights, but at that point you could have spent your exp on so many better skills that it's really not worth the effort.

Instinct: This one is decent if you use Bloodthirsty Strike. I don't, personally, because I need to be much stronger than my opponent to get a decent amount of health back, and if I'm that much stronger then I probably don't need to use it anyway.

So that's my view of the talents. Let me know if there's some aspect I missed, or if you know what the second levels for the others give.

AyaSnow
                        AyaSnow
                        Phoenix
                        Server 58

Comment

Originally posted by AyaSnow View Post
                          Stealth: The 5% damage reduction is nice, but if I have to level up Holy Seal to 15 before I can get level 2, I'd sure as heck better get more than a 1% increase to it.

Fury: This is kind of nice, until you consider that the cooldown is 45 seconds. Shortening it by 5 makes it 40 seconds. By the time an archer has gained 45 rage to do this with, used it, and waited those 40 seconds, the fight is probably over. You almost certainly won't be getting another two rounds to make use of that 3% crit increase. Still, not terrible.

Insight: Maybe later on there are boss fights with a bunch of bosses all within one square of each other, but so far there haven't been. Even in GoD with all three bosses present, incendiary shot can at best hit two. Other than that, when are you going to have 65 rage to be worrying about decreasing the cooldown by 7 seconds? Not worth it imo.

Potency: This skill actually has the potential to be AMAZING. Armor piercer is an awesome move except for the high rage cost. However, it's not very efficient by way of skill points. Since the two skills are on different trees, you can't efficiently have both on the same tree (and thus in the same fight) until somewhere around level 60. Still, at that point this will be awesome.

Enrage: Eh, this skill is okay. It isn't awesome, but it's not awful either. If you haven't focused crit, then you'll probably like this one.

Scrutiny: This skill I like. Arrow Show is a staple move for both trees and is the number one way we gain rage. And while from 10% to 13% at level 2 isn't amazing, it at least is better than the 1% for Stealth. Get this one if you do nothing else.

Retribution: I don't understand this talent at all. One hundred rage points means that decreasing the cooldown from 60 to 55 seconds doesn't matter all that much since you probably haven't regained the rage anyway. And a 5% increase in crit rate? From 20 to 25%? Eh, I suppose if you work hard to level this up a lot it might be useful in boss fights, but at that point you could have spent your exp on so many better skills that it's really not worth the effort.

Instinct: This one is decent if you use Bloodthirsty Strike. I don't, personally, because I need to be much stronger than my opponent to get a decent amount of health back, and if I'm that much stronger then I probably don't need to use it anyway.

So that's my view of the talents. Let me know if there's some aspect I missed, or if you know what the second levels for the others give.

AyaSnow

All of it is more on cool down of skills.. The problem of archer is rage.. =) Do you think we could use all of that at the same time? =)

Comment

all three classes shouldnt get the reduce damage one because it cancels everyone out knigh should get the def ones

Comment

I'm not sure how archer talents are useless... perhaps you're using your class wrong? I haven't tried archers yet, but I'm sure they're not as bad as you say. I'm sure this is just like the "knights need a buff" topic that comes up constantly. You don't want to play strategically, you want to be a straight-forward powerhouse. If that's how it was, it'd be way too unbalanced. And yeah, I know someone is going to say knights or mages are powerhouses, but that's if they gem right, skill right, and gear correctly. Hell, even with sub-par gear it's not even that bad. I think you should re-roll as another class on a different server. I'm sure they'd be just as weak if you play it wrong.

Comment

after testing and resetting several times. i conclude it's useless.
                                it's even more disadvantage to lvl 72++ as they earn less exp.

archer talents all focus on holy seal and stealth.
                                rest of it are ****.
                                ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Working...
                                X