That's it for me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it for me.

Been fun while it lasted, but I refuse to patronize a company that cares so little for its customers that it cannot even deign to provide updates. Prior to this, there have been long-term grievous failures in support that I have continued to overlook simply because the game was that enjoyable. When support gets around to offering any replies, it is a form letter response of broken English, and if you do manage to get something coherent, it will either delay you or blame you for the problem. After two days of no cross-server events for East Coast and no updates beyond the one provided yesterday, I am done. No more.

I have put close to $10,000 into this game spread between Armor Games and Kong, and while I do not begrudge anyone that, it is unfortunate that R2's equality of apathy applies to all players.. casher and non-casher alike. I had fun and met some cool people. I've milked all I can from this game in its current capacity from such an inept and unavailable publisher. I truly feel sorry for the City of Steam players, as they are about to repeat a history of which they are completely unaware.

And for the rude ones out there, I realize that my "investment" is actually quite trivial to many others, but it is significant. I will not be back, and I am running so quickly that the door has zero chance of hitting me on the backside.

Congratulations, R2. I have gamed for over 30 years, and you have re-set the standard for just how low the bar can go.

This is not only a big loss to our group of players, but to the game as well. Hopefully, the support team and all of the R2 management can learn from the feedback that is being provided in all of these threads popping up.

While I do not support the $10k pricetag he poured into this game, in the end it was his money to invest. R2 as a company (and 7road) just lost one of their biggest customers I believe. Maybe that will make a change in the support that is being provided.

I hope for the upcoming releases (but mainly for the players), that a change is recognized as being needed. And for once, it actually comes to fruition or I will be right behind him.

Method - Armor S3

p.s. Thanks for everything Nulland, you will be missed.
    Last edited by jleblan; 03-15-2013, 12:53 PM.

Comment

You did the right choise, sir.

Comment

I'm chiming in here too... gamed for nearly as long (22 years) and I haven't quit yet, but I've stopped all payments. I've put in close to $6k in this game in the last four months and am constantly surprised at how little they care about their players. Worst support I've seen across any gaming platform ever. As a distributor for the game, and not the developer, they certainly have more than enough assets from the income this game generates to provide sufficient support... they just choose not to. I've had tickets outright deleted (not closed), but most have simply gone unanswered (form reply). This company will be folding inside a few years at this rate.
        Azilarir on S61 (merged with S58).

Comment

As a free player, I certainly feel sorry for anyone who spends real dollars here!
          Lord Drake currently lives in: S130 Dragonmar

Comment

Originally posted by ecla2 View Post
            As a free player, I certainly feel sorry for anyone who spends real dollars here!
            Let's not turn this thread into a casher-vs-noncasher debate. I spend disposable income on hobbies, like premium perks in goofy web games.. it's what I do However, this thread is about people who pay not wanting to support the game financially anymore. We have a strong feeling it's the only way they'll listen.

Comment

It's understandable if there is problem for one day. But right after maintenance? Makes me wonder what you guys are doing during the maintenance. Fix nothing, insert more bugs?

Comment

Originally posted by psouza4 View Post
                Let's not turn this thread into a casher-vs-noncasher debate. I spend disposable income on hobbies, like premium perks in goofy web games.. it's what I do However, this thread is about people who pay not wanting to support the game financially anymore. We have a strong feeling it's the only way they'll listen.
                It IS the only way they will listen. The problem is getting it through everyone's heads to actually stop buying no matter how good the offer is until R2 gets their **** straight and fixes the game.

Comment

Keep in touch Null :/ we all wish you the best.
                  ~Atsuke, and the rest of YukiOkami~

Comment

Originally posted by R2EndlessMoneyPit View Post
                    It IS the only way they will listen. The problem is getting it through everyone's heads to actually stop buying no matter how good the offer is until R2 gets their **** straight and fixes the game.
                    I love your user name.

Comment

Well said Nulland - like everyone else said, we'll miss you in the game and I hope, for everyone's sake, R2 listens so your actions aren't in vain.

Comment

You quit because of no cross-server events for 2 day?

For real or for tantrums?
                        Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                        [No longer logging in]

Comment

But some do

Comment

Sooo many people want everything to go their way.. Always! But guess what! It doesn't work like that so quit if u want or stay to play

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                              You quit because of no cross-server events for 2 day?

For real or for tantrums?
                              No, he quit because of the REPETITIVE failures by support. While this example of the issues is pretty extreme, it was a continuous level of the absolute bottom of the barrel approach to support of a product that is causing people to move on. This was merely the straw that broke it.

While for the most part MMO players can be beat up on over and over only to come back for more, this example of a high-cash player finally moving on speaks volumes. Losing the casual free player or seeing the repetitive "omgzorz support" thread is common, but watching veterans begin to get fed up and quit is a big change. If things do not pick up, I foresee a max exodus.

I am a fairly low-cash user, but definitely would be investing more as the core product is very solid. But poor support leading to a short life make me want to just write it off and move along.

Just my .02

P.S. - The quit was permanent and not tantrum. He sold all astrals, gear, put all gil in guild contribution, etc.
                              Last edited by jleblan; 03-15-2013, 06:03 PM. Reason: p.s.

Comment

Working...
                              X