That's it for me.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
    You quit because of no cross-server events for 2 day?

For real or for tantrums?
    Maybe just tantrums?
    Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
    Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
    Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
    In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
    One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
    One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

We'll miss you, Null. And good luck, whatever you choose to do.

Also, I'm not going to be spending any more on this game, or playing very much. And unless R2 improves by a LOT, that's not going to change. I hope the rest of you think about your commitment to the game as well.

Kyram
      Armor S3

Comment

I have quit spending a while ago ..but I continue to play along for a bit longer, only to see if the game improves, like the homestead was talked about in December and nothing yet there, the farms other three spots are not opened yet, and it's not looking good so far most expansion and undateds have caused extreme lag issues and are not improvments in any way whatsoever,, hope to see something solid soon or i'm out of here also .. good luck to all that still play in redundancy...

Comment

Sadly,

After recent events, I expected this mass exodus to transpire...for a myriad of reasons. Aside from the atrocious customer service, often coming in the form of a condescending response, there's been a drastic shift towards a pay to win methodology within Wartune upon the incorporation of clothing. This shift has caused such a severe gap between free based players and cashers that there's absolutely no ability to compete...and no reason to try.

Originally, this game had a decent system with rewarding cashers the ability to excel through shortening the time of which they needed to achieve goals. With the exception of wings, there really wasn't anything in this game that you couldn't get through time...and the wings didn't award too extreme an advantage. Those who played for free could enjoy themselves while those who payed into the game excelled faster, obtaining the things that casual players could only through time.

With the incorporation of clothing, this changed...and players are now obligated to pay into the game for a chance to compete against those that do. For many, a browser based game just isn't worth pouring funds into...especially at the horrific levels of which this game now demands. Some, like Null, do so because they enjoy(ed) the game...but for many, it's far more prudent to spend $60 on a game like Guildwars 2 than it is for a few items within a browser based game. Those of you who support the pay to win methodology may find my words trivial, but you won't think such when the servers are underpopulated and you're left cheated out of the experience you payed to enjoy.

So, we now have people leaving for two reasons...

Cashers are leaving due to extremely poor customer service, of which I myself have experienced several times over, and free players are leaving because this has become a pay to win game. Thankfully, I refrained on purchasing wings and clothing because of this very reason...having expected the mass exodus that's now transpiring. Most of our highest players have chosen to quit, and countless casual players have lost interest within several weeks of joining.

Today, several of the top cashers have decided to quit...expressing that they, themselves, only stuck around because they wanted to provide Null companions in dungeon runs. Many others throughout the server have done the same, and I can't count the sheer volume of casual players that came and went within a blink of an eye...especially after the incorporation of this clothing.

Comment

One of the top 3 cashers from my server quit today. One of my best friends in the game qut the other day whom is a low-medium casher. He quit cause of the pay to win mentality has increased. Sad day.

Customer support and bugs in the game have been way too much for the amount many players have spent on this game and R2 keeps pushing for more money out of people that widens the gap between light cashers and heavy cashers with every patch that results in people quitting...
            Last edited by R24877577; 03-15-2013, 09:19 PM.

Comment

this is true lately, u just have to check the shard event, any hardcore casher can do 300 dollars/day to get shard then turn em into lv60 legend stones, they'd make 350 a day just doing that without stepping into demon temple lol and this is just the newest example, clothes giving an extreme edge in battle is another fine example

I have all 3 lv1 clothes that i bought with the left over balens i had from the free offers but when i see those ppl with lv4-6+ clothes (specially cheated archers lol) it just expands the gap btw players really, its not a matter of time now (maybe with the spire giving free clothes the gap can get closer) but examples like the first one i said really kills the game.

you could take quite a long time to get a full pve set into legend or just spend money and get all the stones u need in 2-3 days lol, kinda fail.

Comment

i my self am a light casher under 1000 i consider light in this game considerin ppl said they spent 10k n sad thing is i believe them..but anyways i dont mind payin for a small advantage but i am old school been gamin over 30 yrs what happened to good old days when u had to actually grind n farm for gear but now u can buy it n become godlike over night where is the fun in that,,,yea u can be number 1 n all that but really when it comes down to it u only bought ur victories where is glory in that..im not puttin down heavy cashers in anyway if they have it like that god bless them..but why play a game in which u nave no chance of losin.. really is that even playin

Comment

what to say i see people that have spent plenty of money quit every day all you have to do is look around in your farm friends list it tells the tell for me ill stay non casher becuase simple fact idc if im even ranked i come to play with my friends not be the best or have the best gear astrals ect. but i also play other games that are totally free this one is just one of the many lol best advice i can give you cashers is quit feeding them money and they might realize how they s c r e w you guys over to much but really to be honest i doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by TenebraeAeterna View Post
                    Sadly,

After recent events, I expected this mass exodus to transpire...for a myriad of reasons. Aside from the atrocious customer service, often coming in the form of a condescending response, there's been a drastic shift towards a pay to win methodology within Wartune upon the incorporation of clothing. This shift has caused such a severe gap between free based players and cashers that there's absolutely no ability to compete...and no reason to try.

Originally, this game had a decent system with rewarding cashers the ability to excel through shortening the time of which they needed to achieve goals. With the exception of wings, there really wasn't anything in this game that you couldn't get through time...and the wings didn't award too extreme an advantage. Those who played for free could enjoy themselves while those who payed into the game excelled faster, obtaining the things that casual players could only through time.

With the incorporation of clothing, this changed...and players are now obligated to pay into the game for a chance to compete against those that do. For many, a browser based game just isn't worth pouring funds into...especially at the horrific levels of which this game now demands. Some, like Null, do so because they enjoy(ed) the game...but for many, it's far more prudent to spend $60 on a game like Guildwars 2 than it is for a few items within a browser based game. Those of you who support the pay to win methodology may find my words trivial, but you won't think such when the servers are underpopulated and you're left cheated out of the experience you payed to enjoy.

So, we now have people leaving for two reasons...

Cashers are leaving due to extremely poor customer service, of which I myself have experienced several times over, and free players are leaving because this has become a pay to win game. Thankfully, I refrained on purchasing wings and clothing because of this very reason...having expected the mass exodus that's now transpiring. Most of our highest players have chosen to quit, and countless casual players have lost interest within several weeks of joining.

Today, several of the top cashers have decided to quit...expressing that they, themselves, only stuck around because they wanted to provide Null companions in dungeon runs. Many others throughout the server have done the same, and I can't count the sheer volume of casual players that came and went within a blink of an eye...especially after the incorporation of this clothing.

What you said is true.

My guild experienced up to a 50% drop in actives (including light to moderate cashers) immediately right after patch.

And when I started a topic on this sometime back, the first response from the MOD is

to demand "screenshot proofs", which everyone else pointed out is hilarious to ask for.

As of now, my guild has primarily merged with 2 other top 8 ranked guilds,

and yet the number of actives still cant quite match the number of actives we had before the 1.5 patch.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                      You quit because of no cross-server events for 2 day?

For real or for tantrums?
                      Originally posted by Wonderiris View Post
                      But some do
                      Originally posted by Wonderiris View Post
                      Sooo many people want everything to go their way.. Always! But guess what! It doesn't work like that so quit if u want or stay to play
                      Way to go people. Way to read the original posting without actually absorbing anything of the message contained within it.

Since you seem incapable of drawing the correct conclusion on your own, let me help you: what you see there is not the 'temper tantrum' of a player who is pouting because things didn't go his way. What you see there is not the rant of a player who dropped 10K in a week and didn't end up with the toon that he wanted. What you see there is the carefully reasoned (properly punctuated and grammatically correct) statement of a high-cash player who finally reached the breaking point.

You may prefer to view it as a spur of the moment decision on the part of someone with too much time and money on his hands, but believe me when I say that this decision was a long time coming. In the end his enjoyment of the game just didn't measure up to his disappointment in a company that was, by turns, apathetic, patronizing and disdainful toward the players who keep them afloat. In the end, R2 made it easy for him.

I am a moderate casher who left the server the same day that Keeshond did. I, too, will not be returning, nor will I ever patronize another R2 game. Sadly, this thread will likely make little difference in the way that R2 treats its customers. After all, there will always be another round of cashers eager to toss their money away in return for very little.
                      Last edited by Anuket; 03-16-2013, 01:29 PM. Reason: Do I need one?

Comment

bad thing is, r2 doesnt really care. guess they dont even know that something is going wrong. well, wartune was a lil funny game for a couple of months. to bad they r ignoring us. i also would say, the suggestion-secton is a wasted time topost something.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicord View Post
                          bad thing is, r2 doesnt really care. guess they dont even know that something is going wrong. well, wartune was a lil funny game for a couple of months. to bad they r ignoring us. i also would say, the suggestion-secton is a wasted time topost something.
                          They care enough to disable the ability to register for the forums, as I've just been informed by many that they're incapable of doing so.

Comment

I'm a really light casher in comparison to some on here. I pay for VIP and about $20-$30 a month for a total of less than $100 so far so my opinion is probably less than worthless to R2 but I agree with the points made in this thread. I've cancelled my VIP and will not spend any more money unless there are changes. I'm still playing for now though a lot less and if I don't see any improvements I'll just walk away. I know I won't be missed and I doubt this thread will make any difference but I have hope as I enjoy the game and enjoy the people I play with and would like to continue. If only it were a better product.

Comment

Originally posted by TenebraeAeterna View Post
                              They care enough to disable the ability to register for the forums, as I've just been informed by many that they're incapable of doing so.
                              That's because you register on their main site.

Comment

i agree with everyone of these guys although i havent spent anywhere near them the fact of the matter is r2 has turned into kabam games its all about the money now and no tech support..there is no reason for these bugs to even be here with running these updates on a test server first its r2's way of making people quit so they can close up shop with there millions made and close game..i delt with kabam doing the same chit for over a year and its the exact same now..i am also leaving this game have played it for almost 2yrs now since server 36 and i will not ever recomend anyone to play and i will also conivince the rest of the major cashers i know to go play another game that doesnt have dipshit monkeys for techs guy

Comment

Working...
                                X