Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make it more appealing to invest in other talents, rather than just Holy Seal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make it more appealing to invest in other talents, rather than just Holy Seal.

Because of the power of the Holy Seal, no one can really afford to invest in other talents. It is either level up your Holy Seal or be disabled for 3 rounds by those who have maxed out theirs. This makes the other talents, however useful they might have been, completely unappealing. A drastic change in how the Holy Seal works is desperately needed.

The first change that needs to be put through, is allowing it to be used only once per battle. Being disabled for 3 rounds is bad enough, but being disabled for 6 rounds and you'll never stand a chance of winning against this player.

The second change that needs to be put through, is allowing Holy Seal to be useful to a player, EVEN when that player's holy seal is lower in level than his opponent's. This will take away the need to invest so much in Holy Seal, and allowing you to pick another Talent for a change.

And the third and final change that needs to be put through, is lower the chance that the Holy Seal actually disables a player. As of right now, someone with 3 levels more in Holy Seal has a 100% chance of disabling his opponent for 3 rounds. Leading to overuse in Battle Ground, Player vs Player Arena and Guild Battles.

This is how I feel the Holy Seal SHOULD work:
    • 3 lvls or more lower:
      • 20% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
      • 80% chance of no effect.

2 lvls lower:
      • 25% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
      • 5% chance of disabling opponent for 2 turns.
      • 70% chance of no effect.

1 lvl lower:
      • 30% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
      • 10% chance of disabling opponent for 2 turns.
      • 60% chance of no effect.

Equal lvl:
      • 35% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
      • 15% chance of disabling opponent for 2 turns.
      • 50% chance of no effect.

1 lvl higher:
      • 40% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
      • 20% chance of disabling opponent for 2 turns.
      • 40% chance of no effect.

2 lvls higher:
      • 45% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
      • 25% chance of disabling opponent for 2 turns.
      • 5% chance of disabling opponent for 3 turns.
      • 25% chance of no effect.

3 lvls or more higher:
      • 50% chance of disabling opponent for 1 turn.
      • 30% chance of disabling opponent for 2 turns.
      • 10% chance of disabling opponent for 3 turns.
      • 10% chance of no effect.

With this system the Holy Seal will be less dominant in combat and people might even consider spending their points on talents for a change, for this is far more forgiving to those with lower level Holy Seals.
    Last edited by Frecklez; 05-05-2013, 09:46 AM.

I agree with this! +1

Comment

well, seal is the good old trick by game maker to reuse game content for a long time thus the expensive experience need to up them. What would they do if people stopped putting exp into talents and wanted to level? oh no, they'd have to make new maps, equipments god forbid.. :P even the 70s they are putting in lacks the usual continuum of pvp sets at 65 I hear, and there were people over level 70 for like maybe 5-6 months now. This is why they would keep seal as a major factor in easily annihilating others.

Comment

Well, people would still level slowly, for arena/Bg purposes.
        Giving them the opportunity to get other talents than holy seal without ruining all their PVP encounters, that would be a great update.
        I support this idea (not rendering holy seal useless)!
        E314
        Armor Games - S2
        Lv 65
        FairyTail

Comment

I agree with this two
          +¼
          Game: Wartune
          Server: 2 Edena Village
          Class: Mage
          Name: Mary Magdalene
          Following the guide from Ginger and Creamy ^_^

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
          Flying with the fishes,
          Or maybe in the Ocean,
          swimming with the pigeons,
          See my world is Different.

Comment

+1 for the thread but i still max my HS for protection :-)

Comment

I don't think with a level 3 holy seal you can stun someone for 3 rounds. You are mistaken. I'm not sure about the exact formulae either, but I think you need a much bigger difference. If it would only have some chance to succeed, people wouldn't use it. My problem with holy seal is that if my opponent still has 2 henchmen, the holy seal will target unerringly the player. Why? Let it hit a random opponent. In that case, people wouldn't be that eager to open with holy seal.
              Also, as for a mage, there is only 1 useful talent (and only lvl 1), barrier. All the other talents are completely and utterly useless. Make the other talents useful and I will develop them as well.
              My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Do you think archers/knights talents are better?
                Still, i would at least try them if i didn't need a such high holy seal.
                Also, with 3 more level, yes you can tun 3 turns.
                E314
                Armor Games - S2
                Lv 65
                FairyTail

Comment

The stun should break on damage. 3 turns in a game where fights often don't even last that log is just stupid. Losing one turn is plenty.

Comment

Eh, just remove Holy Seal altogether. With older servers merging with newer ones, or fighting newer ones, you can drop a ♥♥♥♥ load of cash and still lose because of Holy Seal.
                    Last edited by MemoryLane; 06-11-2013, 03:23 AM. Reason: sneaky

Comment

+1 . even good remove hs efect. so ppl can lvl up. i feel like 6month-1year stay same lvl 69 to just build up talent

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                        Also, as for a mage, there is only 1 useful talent (and only lvl 1), barrier. All the other talents are completely and utterly useless. Make the other talents useful and I will develop them as well.
                        Umh...
                        actually not...
                        1st redemtion, yeah, only a bit, but it's help me a lot since I had shorter cooldown on bless.
                        2nd momentum, on lvl 3, I can do rain and meteor non-stop as long as I had rage. Nyaha. Barely using bolt since Im using meteor-rain-meteor-rain-bolt when only 14 rage left. (yes, usefull when you had PvE set)
                        3rd survival... usefull plus stressfull (head desk) I only use it to lvl 1, can't take it if I had 20s more on restoration

Umh... I recomend it, but Im not using this one now;
                        Focus. Usefull when Im still using PvP set~
                        Misfortune. Yeah, Im sing it recently, but not anymore...
                        S24 - Reaper's Illusion
                        IGN - Vein

Comment

Originally posted by R26637755 View Post
                          +1 . even good remove hs efect. so ppl can lvl up. i feel like 6month-1year stay same lvl 69 to just build up talent
                          lvl up first.
                          I feel like I want to cry on how many exp I got at lvl 69.
                          Lvl 70 give you plenty of exp on all dungeon. Even you get exp (no, not just 1 exp) on Nether Forest.
                          S24 - Reaper's Illusion
                          IGN - Vein

Comment

Best option IMO would be make the holy seal Damage only raise its damage per level but just remove the stun component

Comment

+1 - Good suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                              X