• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArowenGR
    started a topic Answer the riddle

Answer the riddle

Question 1
    - How to confront knights?
    - High charisma, strong templars before you and the knight never gets to you.

- How to confront an archer?
    - Guardian angel astral and jewels drop critical rate

- How to confront a mage?
    -...?

Question 2
    - Why take an archer?
    - Lots of gold and daru in WB and I will evolve quickly

- Why take a mage?
    - He is probably the best pvp class with aoe and great healing skills

- Why take a knight?
    - He is touph, after lv 50 he shines and he is good at.....?

• kattuktk
    replied
    Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
    You are a knight telling mages what to do against archers...........An intelligent and well built archer will use AP spam. At similar BRs 2 APs will drop me to nearly 1/3rd HP and at the very least 1/2 HP. I can resto after the first one but then I'm behind a turn on AoE to wipe out their troops and probably have to wait for RoF to come off cooldown because I just dropped too low on rage to cast MD. So I'm stuck hoping my bolt hits the archer while they gain enough rage for their third AP in 4 rounds. Of course that is assuming they didn't come into the fight with 100 rage after building it up on the last person they fought. Right now similar BR knights (70-75k) will give me a pretty tough timeBy simply opening with Agoran's then surviving till 50% timer (at which point my level 74, 1400+ count, max academy Templars are dead) and dropping me with DD or EDD regardless of what my HP total is. I consider myself to be fairly good at PvP and I do see the rock/paper/scissors factor of PvP in this game but at level 70+ in my BR range it's NOT a foregone conclusion by a long shot.
    I thought about reading all that stuff but nope it was way too long for me haha.... btw bro that person is my guildmate and i was having fun with her...... I dont care about arch vs mage fights tbh

Leave a comment:

• FarrelBrown
    replied
    Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
    @Farrel: If you ever get a Holy Charm, use it. Knights cry when you have more than 2200 troop counts.
    Lol I think anyone would cry at that high of a troop count lol. I'm sitting at 1490 right now and it's pretty solid. Got 2 really solid knights on S130 (72k and 75k) who just plain take FOREVER to kill though. I mean yes i have the built-in AoE advantage but it takes a while to chew through 73k HP. Fights almost always come down to the wire.

Leave a comment:

• DeathRiver
    replied
    @Farrel: If you ever get a Holy Charm, use it. Knights cry when you have more than 2200 troop counts.

Leave a comment:

• FarrelBrown
    replied
    Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
    U dont know what to do against an arch then..... mages OP and knights sucky!!!!!!!!!!
    One more complaint.... The WB dies too fast!!
    You are a knight telling mages what to do against archers...........An intelligent and well built archer will use AP spam. At similar BRs 2 APs will drop me to nearly 1/3rd HP and at the very least 1/2 HP. I can resto after the first one but then I'm behind a turn on AoE to wipe out their troops and probably have to wait for RoF to come off cooldown because I just dropped too low on rage to cast MD. So I'm stuck hoping my bolt hits the archer while they gain enough rage for their third AP in 4 rounds. Of course that is assuming they didn't come into the fight with 100 rage after building it up on the last person they fought. Right now similar BR knights (70-75k) will give me a pretty tough timeBy simply opening with Agoran's then surviving till 50% timer (at which point my level 74, 1400+ count, max academy Templars are dead) and dropping me with DD or EDD regardless of what my HP total is. I consider myself to be fairly good at PvP and I do see the rock/paper/scissors factor of PvP in this game but at level 70+ in my BR range it's NOT a foregone conclusion by a long shot.

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    ww clears more than half of troop HP?? kidding?? if u have 25k patk then maybe...
    It seems you have never faced lvl 70+ templars with 1550 troop count(Very common especially on mages)... those things have 50k HP.. u mean u hit 9k per hit of WW?? On lvl 70 templars??? I dont believe it.
    Actually, it happens a lot with me. only im on the receiving side. yes, my troops is only at 69 and 1312 counts(maxed on researchs tho) but i faced too many knights who done that.

Leave a comment:

• kattuktk
    replied
    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    Noticed when i said something about whirlwind shaved more than half of troop's HP? When all troops cleared, it will be 1v1 no? And it's pretty easy for a mage to clear your high level troop in 2 first turns.
    ww clears more than half of troop HP?? kidding?? if u have 25k patk then maybe...
    It seems you have never faced lvl 70+ templars with 1550 troop count(Very common especially on mages)... those things have 50k HP.. u mean u hit 9k per hit of WW?? On lvl 70 templars??? I dont believe it.
    Last edited by kattuktk; 08-06-2013, 07:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    The question is..... in which event does there exist only 1v1????
    Noticed when i said something about whirlwind shaved more than half of troop's HP? When all troops cleared, it will be 1v1 no? And it's pretty easy for a mage to clear your high level troop in 2 first turns.

Leave a comment:

• kattuktk
    replied
    Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
    MAGE Against archer: don't bother healing, its a turn wasted and u die. Aoe, lightning, brutality, aoe aoe, lightning. Its a race and the archer hits twice .... use aoe to counter it. Every time I try to sun / resto vs an archer I die.
    U dont know what to do against an arch then..... mages OP and knights sucky!!!!!!!!!!
    One more complaint.... The WB dies too fast!!

Leave a comment:

• B4nsh33
    replied
    MAGE Against archer: don't bother healing, its a turn wasted and u die. Aoe, lightning, brutality, aoe aoe, lightning. Its a race and the archer hits twice .... use aoe to counter it. Every time I try to sun / resto vs an archer I die.

Leave a comment:

• krackenker
    replied
    How to counter mage: stay alive until 50%, use rune and delphic and nuke away the poor lil mage... or: you are so strong you just wipe the mage.
    knight: good tank in spire, great in gb and pvp at later lvls, archer eater... mostly that.
    @post above me: mage ...
    ...against archer: aoe-rune-aoe-thunderer or if low on rage: aoe-sunt-bolt-rune-aoe-thunderer.
    ...against knight: survive until 50% and use rune-rof-thunderer.
    ...againts mage: afk heal mode, done after about 5-6mins when aoes do around 10k.
    (needs pve set for above)
    Last edited by krackenker; 08-06-2013, 04:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• XrosSlash
    replied
    mage vs knight = ROF will burn his/her rear till his underpants till nothing
    mage vs archer = ROF will burn his/her rear till his underpants till nothing
    mage vs mage = the one who can burn the opponent pants win

note: based by my experience. ur experience may vary (burn his/her front instead of his/her rear for example)

Leave a comment:

• kattuktk
    replied
    Originally posted by ArowenGR View Post
    Most of you missed the point.
    1) One can beat BOTH archers and knights with a strategy provided by the game,but there is no specific strategy to confront a mage, this thread is to either prove this wrong or help people feel the round of classes better.
    A mage IS supposed to kill a knight, but a mage with guardian angel astral can also easilly kill an archer.
    2) The game has knights at a disadvantage since there is no event in which they shine. They DO ROCK however and are the BEST once level 50+, yet no event for them to shine in...
    3) This is NOT "I hate mage" or "unbalanced class" or "crying knight in shining tissues" thread.
    Best once lvl 50+?? I dont know why people say they rock at high level when they get owned in BG, WB, DA and GVG tower damage..... so they rock? ok but how?? and why level 50?? what happens in level 50?? lvl 50 jewels open up for everybody, seal opens up for everybody.. but the death blow are templars bro... templars have DESTROYED knights' prospects... if there was any truth to that knight OP at 50+ mark its all gone with the templars....
    I bet u havent faced lvl 70+ templars in BG yet bro , even a same BR archer with high troop count win against a knight let alone a mage
    Last edited by kattuktk; 08-06-2013, 03:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ArowenGR
    replied
    Most of you missed the point.
    1) One can beat BOTH archers and knights with a strategy provided by the game,but there is no specific strategy to confront a mage, this thread is to either prove this wrong or help people feel the round of classes better.
    A mage IS supposed to kill a knight, but a mage with guardian angel astral can also easilly kill an archer.
    2) The game has knights at a disadvantage since there is no event in which they shine. They DO ROCK however and are the BEST once level 50+, yet no event for them to shine in...
    3) This is NOT "I hate mage" or "unbalanced class" or "crying knight in shining tissues" thread.

Leave a comment:

• kattuktk
    replied
    Originally posted by Arlad View Post
    1. Kill the mage faster before s/he kills you.
    2. PVP. on early levels knights seems sucks, but on later level when his whirlwind can shave more than half HP's of opponent's troop, you will feel the terror of knights. on same BR level, Knights is best on 1v1.
    The question is..... in which event does there exist only 1v1????

Leave a comment:

Working...
X