Crit Build for Mages.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
    Simply put, it's better being an EWD Mage (in general play, WB is an exception) until you can amass 5000+ Crit. When you can get to 5K+ Crit (@120K BR or less) you'll see that not only your Crit Rates in PvE are yielding your more damage over time than EWD (of the same Deter Level) would be, you'll also notice that PvP is often the same or better as well. And Crit Heals are very nice as well. A Quad-Crit BL is eye-opening

However, being able to make a good Crit Mage does mean sacrifices in other places. You're going to have to drop MDef or Endurance from Item Stats (Not Touching Int, Armor or MAtk I'd assume), and change up PDef or Block gems to Crit. You'll also need at least IC title for the +Crit from the Medal. And you always run the risk of encountering someone like me with a Guardian Angel Astral that's hitting you with a -40%+ to Crit Rates. For an Archer it's annoying running into that. For a Crit Mage is downright frustrating because you'll be lucky to Crit 1/3 Hits that way. You'll be relying on Crit Heals in a Mage Battle to keep you in it vs. an equal BR Mage w/ Crit Reduction and EWD.

So there's definite give and take. Always take that into consideration when making any decision.
    You sacrifice too much being a crit mage, it's best to be an EWD mage always and make sure you build defenses. I'm no mage but that's just common logic. That's why many archers who don't cash heavy have issues with crit, we need to sacrifice it to gain defense, we could go crit and heavy damage, but we wouldn't last long.
    The amount of mages that team with me and go crit have such low defense, especially HP. 60 set mages lvl 65+ with 60k hp, i mean come on, you don't last long round 3+ TOK NM. USELESS. Mages need to build EWD unless they're heavy cashers.
    Player Class: Archer
    Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by alrafie View Post
      did you ever saw apollo with crit? or pan blue with crit? now double the dmg
      Did u read wut u quote?

_________

Crit Mage 80v
      ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
        crit mage is far more superior then EWD mage only IF you have more then 60% crit activation in PvP and PvE,i for myself changed mdef and hp gems into crit gems,mages fight need mdef?pfff..just use pan
        Oww ... u r crit mage ... what ur BR ? and what is ur crit stat ? so that the rest can see point of view ...

As I know critical value is important in do critical ... but sadly my gem still lv 5, with total crit value around 3,5 k with 93 BR ... I just use it for WB only, in MPD Arena BG CW, I use EWD as my EWD lv 8 ( not strong but ok ) as it will give constantly damage more than my crit ... I though it is difficult to get critical heal ...

U said mages fight didn't need MDEF and use Pan ?... just curious for me, u can use PAN at the begin of fight ? LOL ... Think if u meet the mage and ur MDEF is low, in 3-4 turn isn't it u can lose ?

I just though critical is better if u have better stats in MDEF PDEF HP MATK (which usually better in LV 70) .. As critical is Archer area ...

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
          I prefer an EWD mage with better defense in my team, end of story. A mage is meant to damage and heal, if you want pure damage u should have built archer.
          An EWD mage has better defense, thus supports any party better. A crit mage is a pvp mage, not suited well for pve, my 2 cents.
          Yup ... I agree for some case .. that damager should be by Archer, Def by knight, Heal from Mage .... In case of team ... but on WB mage better do with critical instead of EWD .. coz when u do critical u must sacrifice ur defense ...

Comment

You sacrifice too much being a crit mage, it's best to be an EWD mage always and make sure you build defenses. I'm no mage but that's just common logic. That's why many archers who don't cash heavy have issues with crit, we need to sacrifice it to gain defense, we could go crit and heavy damage, but we wouldn't last long.
            The amount of mages that team with me and go crit have such low defense, especially HP. 60 set mages lvl 65+ with 60k hp, i mean come on, you don't last long round 3+ TOK NM. USELESS. Mages need to build EWD unless they're heavy cashers.
            As br increases, the difference gets less and less...yeah, at 60-70k crit mages struggle a bit, at 100k+ though...

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
              I can't say how wrong the part in bold is.
              a crit mage was 5th in last CW US west only losing out to heavy cashers so it cant sux that badly

Comment

Originally posted by Linazz View Post
                Hmmm ... I got a solid 6k crit atm. closing on to 6,5k every day. Crit chance in pve is amazing. in pvp bit worse; I like the pow. But I agree with Condor; critmage ain't superior lol. it's just fun. Main reason i'm crit is for fun. other reason is wb pow
                But yes every critmage should change back to EWD for class wars. GA astrals fks u up too much.
                if every mage should change back how come crit mages can be in the top 10 ranking in CW?

Comment

I prefer an EWD mage with better defense in my team, end of story. A mage is meant to damage and heal, if you want pure damage u should have built archer.
                  An EWD mage has better defense, thus supports any party better. A crit mage is a pvp mage, not suited well for pve, my 2 cents.
                  in PvE is where crit mage excells upto lvl 9 in spire my LB hits for 35-40k ppl with crit just need to stick with it i have been crit since lvl 60 not going back to WD for those that think crit mage isnt that good i will see you in CW

Comment

Thank you everyone, very usefull comments. My idea is not become crit mage till i get IC or LD med but i pretty much now i need more than 5k crit to make it worth that's why i want to change gems into crit so they look like MATK, Crit, MDEF/PDEF, HP and refine my equip to have Intellect, MATK, Armor, Endurance and Crit (I know it will cost balens but if it's a gear i'll use for long i can waste some to get as close as possible). Also i'll keep my will destroyer for CW, not cause crit mage couldn't do it, is just cause most of those battles ended up runing out of time and like everyone said you can't rely on crit heal since it's very rare, plus if they have a PATK pet you are [CENSORED], better have another defense astro imo at least for now.

And IggyBousse, don't compare mages HP with your own HP, archers get +20% HP from passive skills, just go to the rankings and check mages and archers of same BR and you will notice the huge difference on HP. But if what you mean is those mages have less hp than edw ones with more or less same BR, then plelase forgive me, they are doing something wrong cause you don't need to touch HP to become crit, remember there is people that just run to 80 leeching in MPs instead become strong to be helpfull.

And yes, i have pve set but still beat archers of my BR is a matter of luck, in other words is they crit with the sniper's or not xD and i'm using high pdef astro and godness blessing, but if they have high determination astro...

What i'm wondering now if how mages build for CW since sylph releases. I'm VIP and casher, not heavy but enought to be competitive with people of my level, the problem is i have low time to play and only can do 7 or less WB weekly, since i need a lot of gold yet for guild mount and upgrade astros convert gems for CW is something i rather avoid even if it's only once a month, that's why i'm saving Block and Crit gems right now. The initial plan was use MATK, Crit, PDEF and HP and switch Crit and PDEF for Block and MDEF for CW, but if it's better sacrifice PDEF to become crit then i don't have to save Crit gems cause i can convert PDEF ones into Crit when the time comes, and that's why i'm asking now about this even with i'll not become Crit soon. However, which setup is more recomended now for CW since pets released? Maybe i'm saving Block gems for nothing...
                    Last edited by Cacuga; 11-30-2013, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X